Picloc 3x setting experience etc.

peterd

Hi George,

I'm staying at Picloc, I just asked what the situation is with the new FW.
I understand correctly .... well will only work with the new hardware?

Peter

GeorgeM

Peter - Thanks !!!

upcoming New Firmware is for Picloc-3X like you have ( 2011/2012 version ).

Whatever I do for Picloc-3X vII, ( if the v1 hardware supports it) will be available for V1 as well.
I will try to keep to my promise for 1 firmware for all versions ( with autodetect )....
But if this proves to be heavy or impacts the stabilization, then we'll have V1 firmware and V2 Firmware.

gm//

GeorgeM

hi Zorba... the name of new firmware will be v57_xx ( where XX is the subversion build number )
You will get a notification in this thread. So subscribe to it so that you are automatically notified by MRF.

snurre

George,
Regarding the upgrade you announced, should we send picloc to you now (are you ready?) or should we wait for GO-notification?
I got your confirmation mail but did not understand to send now or stand-by...

zorba

Hi, I have a little problem making my 3X function properly.
I upgraded to the new firmware and downloaded the picloctoolz.

Everything is working properly witout the Rx.
Tilt, roll, and pan working as they should.

I bound my Rx according the videos.
The toolz don't see my Rx I move the sticks and nothing is moving not even on the screen.

When I plug a servo into the Rx is working but if I connect to the Picloc nothing moves.

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers
Bill

Thomb

Im a bit done with the picloc 3x pro on a Av200.

Tried to follow the instruction video's but my servos arent responding like they do in the video and the roll and tilt wont stay in the center. Also when moving too much with the gimbal will shut down the picloc and it will reboot, also with a lipo connected.
Am i doing something wrong here?

Av200 v2 and picloc with latest FW and software.

EricH

What goes up...
Im am getting very decent results with my pro mounted off axis.
The key is vibration isolation, which will be done inside the new unit

Same here. PL performing well. One of the issues is for sure the lack of clear infos available for new users (hint hint!). I see a lot of complains that it "does not work" simply from not understanding some of the not so obvious functions of the unit. The only way ATM is to carefully watch the few vids that George made and dig through these 140ish pages to get the answers.

E

snurre

I think it could be agreed that the current Picloc 3X original does its job with various degreees of success, depending installation mode, firmware version and environmental variables.
IMO there are definately flaws which I hope will be history once the announced hardware and software upgrades are carried out. So I really look forward to this upgrade with great anticipation.

George, I am sure it would be MUCH appreciated if you would give us a clue to the timeline for the upgrade. Not in order to nail you to the date but to have something we could relate to.
As for now I don´t even know if it is gonna be 2012 or 2013...

By the way, to anybody it may concern, about the noble art of communication ;)

Many airlines apply the NITS communication concept in the event of an irregularity or emergency situation. Purpose being effective and appropriate communication to address what passangers & crew need to hear to handle the situation well. I believe it might be applicable in our context too (waiting for resolution to problems experienced).

"NITS"
Nature (what is going on, what is the problem at hand)
Intention (what are we going to do about it)
Time (when can we expect actions / events)
Specials (any additional information of relevance)

Example:
Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain.
(N) - As you surely have noticed by now we have smoke in the cabin, origin is unknown.
(I) - We have commenced a rapid descent to initiate smoke evacuation procedures and we will divert to Zürich, which is the closest major airport.
(T) - We estimate to be landing in about 12 minutes from now, that would be time 21.18
(S) - As a precauation, the cabin crew will prepare for an emergency landing, please follow their instructions closely. As we will be quite busy in cockpit you will probably not hear from us until a couple of minutes before landing. The airport authorities are aware about our situation.

There - now we all can do it the "Airline Style"
Cheers / Tomas

I agree completely about the need for some documentation. I know the subject has come up before, and I appreciate that George is busy developing the product, but if there were some documentation then it would answer a lot of repeat questions and free up George's time to deal with more important things. I get the feeling that this won't appear from George's end any time soon though.

With that in mind, I've cobbled together a bit of a how-to setup guide from what I remember of my initial setup. If anyone has corrections or additions, I think we should compile them all together to create a community manual. We could maybe even start a wiki?

Good idea / bad idea?

AlexeiD

I can't make picloc installed on plate work. When I tilt copter 30 degrees, picloc compensates only 5-10 degrees. When I try to increase 'Proportional' parameter in gains, the plate start going back and forth very often, so I have to decrease it.
I have belt with 1:4 ratio on both of tilt and roll and Savox 1290MG servos running on 7.5 volts.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
I can't make picloc installed on plate work. When I tilt copter 30 degrees, picloc compensates only 5-10 degrees. When I try to increase 'Proportional' parameter in gains, the plate start going back and forth very often, so I have to decrease it.
I have belt with 1:4 ratio on both of tilt and roll and Savox 1290MG servos running on 7.5 volts.

Precisely what is your installation? Where is Picloc mounted, which way is it facing, which transmitter controls are being used (sticks or rotary pots), are you using proportional or slew settings, is the magnetometer enabled, how many axes are you controlling ...?

AlexeiD

2ltn328.jpg

I have tried to place picloc both ways - arrow to the nick direction and arrow to roll direction, the same result. I have disabled transmitter control for tests. Tried both prop and slew settings. Magnitometer is disabled. I try to control 2 axis for now, but none of them work.

Precisely what is your installation? Where is Picloc mounted, which way is it facing, which transmitter controls are being used (sticks or rotary pots), are you using proportional or slew settings, is the magnetometer enabled, how many axes are you controlling ...?