Picloc 3x setting experience etc.

Skysurf

George,

I think it would be nice if the "emergency stop" and "return to home" functions would not be momentary functions. If I would assign these functions to a three way switch I could have "normal" in the middle and "emergency stop" in one direction and "return to home" in the opposite direction. Can this be done?
This way when you first power up the gimbal, you could set the switch to "emergency stop" and leave it there until airborne. Now when I power it up, the arms of the multicopter starts spinning until I figure out which way to flip the switch....

Thanks,

Jesper

GeorgeM

@Jesper: It will be similar... just more flexible :)
Already had some requests for it. Will be available soon.

bilaouras

Hello everybody.
I search for picloc 3x information and i found you!
Anyway,
Holco i see your video and the only i can say, it is good. I see the flag you must have a lot of wind and gusts is this day. I think the picloc is trying to make "level" the camera. In your video i see only little slide when you turn around and in my opinion is your servo limitation. Anyway i found the new "gadget" for my AP platform.
Really, has anyone trying the picloc 3x in to a helicopter?

airworx

Hello there everyone. First post on this forum.I read through this entire thread and I must say I admire George's willingness to help out his customers.Thats what I call customer service.

I installed a picloc 3x pro on my av 200 gimbal. I had some troubles with the slew function where the gimbal was not responding to stick movement while the boxes were all checked. Now i took it off in order to install the new firmware but the white LED won't come off after 10 sec while the dim red one is also on. I have all the drivers installed. Can anyone help me figure what Im doing wrong. :) Thank you all

GeorgeM

If you run a futaba 'traditional' receiver, you have to select 5R/C from the Options Tab ( orange ).. and plug Tilt, Roll, Pan, and Throttle(or a switch ) to i1,i2,i3,i4 on Picloc ( RX separates input )View attachment 2147

For PPM SUM, you need to have a receiver that outputs PPMSUM...
I use Jeti Duplex TX Module for Futaba + Jeti RMK2 diversity receiver, and this allows me to Have a JetiBox wirelessly connected to my Picloc.. for tweaking/tuning purposes.

Attachments

• piclocmodel-servos-inputs1.jpg
    piclocmodel-servos-inputs1.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 281

GeorgeM

First... verify that your input channels are coming in:
but.. to see something...
You must have '5 R/C' selected in the : Options Tab -> Radio Type. ( seems you done this already)
Then go back to Tab 'RADIO' and select 5R/C tab, and you should see a graphic representation of your input channels ( separates ).

When I was on PPMsum I could get what ever channel on the Rx I was plugged into to show on the picoloc toolz. When I swithed to 2) i1-i5 RX ch input, and 5R/C, All I get are the yellow lines to the left of center and no signal being picked up. Swithcing back to ppmsum, the i1 channel picks up signal and stick input.

That's the problem. I went ahead and flashed again. I thought I had flashed, but must have spaced something. Anyway. first sticks are working now. I don't see Aux 1 working. I have it on Channel 7 with it set to a 3 way switch G. More advice needed. Under radio servo screen, switch is working.

GeorgeM

AUX1 ( for now ) is a toggle function.... ie.. to e-stop.. flick once in a direction, to disable, re-do same movement.

I cannot understand.. now...if you're using separate RX channels or PPM-SUM.
If you're using PPM_SUM, select your AUX1 to take its input from your Channel 7.

If you're using separate RX input, then channel 4 should by default be your AUX1.

:)

airworx

here is a link of my av200 gimbal equiped with picloc 3x pro. after a nice and insightful conversation with George, he mananged to help me out get everything sorted out. Thank you George once again ...it was a pleasure

Last edited by a moderator: