Picloc 3x setting experience etc.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
I have a question to your solution:
when you going to set up your tilt-gain-level: how much do you need to go? i tried it and needed to set it up to around 1000 P. Almost no Acc.
without a camera, it works fine. but with a camera mounted, the tilt starts shaking up and down.
when i reduce the p-value, it stops shaking, but the angel isn't anymore correct. wit a value around 300 i have no more shaking, but also no more stabilization. the tilt-stabilization is working to little.

how did you solved it?
thank you.

It was finally starting to look promising with the FW v.56.75 but then it started suffering from these strange freezes. I couldn't be bothered to screw with it any longer and installed a different system.

rene.m

It was finally starting to look promising with the FW v.56.75 but then it started suffering from these strange freezes. I couldn't be bothered to screw with it any longer and installed a different system.

ic.
"different system"? what do use instead?

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
ic.
"different system"? what do use instead?

CARVEC. I already had the main CARVEC system on the heli so I have added the Camera Mount Controller. The only reason I didn't install it in the first place was to avoid messing around with external pots, but in the end it was all relatively straight forward to modify and very simple to set up.

End of problems, job done.

Pablo74

Hi , picloc arrived today, I updated the firmware v56.76
but I do not see the tool picloctoolz v56 graph move, I tried to do the calibration, but nothing, the light is white on the com port is correct picloc
What is missing?
thanks

View attachment 4621

Attachments

• picloc.jpg
    picloc.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 237

Hi , picloc arrived today, I updated the firmware v56.76
but I do not see the tool picloctoolz v56 graph move, I tried to do the calibration, but nothing, the light is white on the com port is correct picloc
What is missing?
thanks

View attachment 6248

The missing is you have to get the same firmware and picloctool, please check whether you have such.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
The missing is you have to get the same firmware and picloctool, please check whether you have such.

A quick glance at the screenshot will show you that Pablo74 does indeed have the correct version of Toolz.

There is no communication between PC and PL. This is more likely to be the good ole USB connector - but then if the firmware upgrade went smoothly it would suggest the USB connector is OK. If this is a 'new' PL it should have a different and more robust USB connector.

@Pablo: Was it connecting before you upgraded the firmware?

Pablo74

A quick glance at the screenshot will show you that Pablo74 does indeed have the correct version of Toolz.

There is no communication between PC and PL. This is more likely to be the good ole USB connector - but then if the firmware upgrade went smoothly it would suggest the USB connector is OK. If this is a 'new' PL it should have a different and more robust USB connector.

@Pablo: Was it connecting before you upgraded the firmware?

hi everyone I see to answer all quoting from here, then I updated the firmware several times thinking it was the wrong version.
So the USB port and work with.
I do not know why even the LED lights in Toolz all is still : (
sorry for my english
thanks

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Just so we do not leave obvious stones unturned ...

Have you installed the Windows Picloc USB driver on your computer? (find it HERE)
Are you clicking the CONNECT button after plugging in the USB cable?
Have you verified the COM port in the Windows>System>Hardware> Device Manager>Ports (COM & LPT)?
Did you REFRESH the COM port in Toolz?
What colour LED's light up when you apply power to the Picloc 3X, either with a battery or the USB cable?
Are you positive that the firmware upgrade completed successfully?
Precisely what procedure did you use for installing the firmware upgrade?
Did you hold down the little button BEFORE plugging in the USB cable? If you did, only the white LED would be lit with the red pulsing very faintly.
Did the FlashMagic window look exactly like this? (except for the COM port number):

57.FlashMagic.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Pablo74

Just so we do not leave obvious stones unturned ...

Have you installed the Windows Picloc USB driver on your computer? (find it HERE)
Are you clicking the CONNECT button after plugging in the USB cable?
Have you verified the COM port in the Windows>System>Hardware> Device Manager>Ports (COM & LPT)?
Did you REFRESH the COM port in Toolz?
What colour LED's light up when you apply power to the Picloc 3X, either with a battery or the USB cable?
Are you positive that the firmware upgrade completed successfully?
Precisely what procedure did you use for installing the firmware upgrade?
Did you hold down the little button BEFORE plugging in the USB cable? If you did, only the white LED would be lit with the red pulsing very faintly.
Did the FlashMagic window look exactly like this? (except for the COM port number):

57.FlashMagic.jpg

Hi :) thanks for the patience, then my procedures performed.
I instalato the com port driver, is recognized as a com 15.
Before inserting the USB cable with a tip I press into the hole, white LED and red LED lit very dim ok.
in flashmagic 2012_04_29_P3X_v56_76_PRO_X3.hex load this firmware and I tried with 2012_04_26_P3X_v56_75_PRO_X1.hex 2012_04_26_P3X_v56_75_PRO_X3.hex
This is the firmware upgrade screen.
The LED stays always white light and red light is very dim even after you put the firmware.

View attachment 4624
View attachment 4625

Attachments

• flashmagic.jpg
    flashmagic.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 233
  • picloc.jpg
    picloc.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 225

zeng

Hi,

I have exactly the same situation. Picloc is stuck in the bootloader mode. I managed to get George's reply to my email, he suggested that i check if the little switch is functional which i did check. Now i'm waiting for George to guide me further how to get out of the bootloader mode.

Pablo74

Hi,

I have exactly the same situation. Picloc is stuck in the bootloader mode. I managed to get George's reply to my email, he suggested that i check if the little switch is functional which i did check. Now i'm waiting for George to guide me further how to get out of the bootloader mode.

Hi, so I'm not the only ... I'm sorry, I checked the key to enable modlita bootloader and do the snap by pressing ...
If you have any news keep me updated
thanks
:dejection:

Last edited by a moderator:

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
So this response is for both zeng and Pablo74.

It is an issue with the tiny push-button switch. It dries out and either will not make the contact OR will not break the contact. The solution is very simple. It is best to remove the four corner screws of the Picloc box and prise off the lid. Then use a tiny drop or two of WD40 into the sides of the switch which is now exposed. You can achieve the same result by simply squirting WD40 into the hole of the lid but that is really messy afterwards.

This will cure your problems and when you restart the 3X it will behave normally with the blue LED on and the red LED flashing and communication with your PC will be enabled, ready for entering parameters.

zeng

Yes, that's what George suggested. But I checked the switch with multimeter as instructed by George, and it makes and brakes contact... So i don't know. Maybe I'll still drop WD40, and see if it does some magic..

Pablo74

So this response is for both zeng and Pablo74.

It is an issue with the tiny push-button switch. It dries out and either will not make the contact OR will not break the contact. The solution is very simple. It is best to remove the four corner screws of the Picloc box and prise off the lid. Then use a tiny drop or two of WD40 into the sides of the switch which is now exposed. You can achieve the same result by simply squirting WD40 into the hole of the lid but that is really messy afterwards.

This will cure your problems and when you restart the 3X it will behave normally with the blue LED on and the red LED flashing and communication with your PC will be enabled, ready for entering parameters.

It 'something you have personally experienced?
thanks

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Pablo74 : Yes. I had a sticky switch that prevented a 3X going into Bootloader mode. A drop of WD40 and it worked properly.

zeng : Are you saying that your 3X does not come out of Bootloader Mode after a restart? Has to be a dry switch.

Pablo74

Pablo74 : Yes. I had a sticky switch that prevented a 3X going into Bootloader mode. A drop of WD40 and it worked properly.

zeng : Are you saying that your 3X does not come out of Bootloader Mode after a restart? Has to be a dry switch.

I do not even exit that mode, it is still in bootloader, even if the key is the click, so I guess it's the track below, or dirty or damaged ..
I do not want to open it does not run into other problems and then sent him back to the sender

zeng

MombasaFlash, yes, it seems to be stuck in bootloader mode after restarting it, I tried many times. Now I tried wd40, no difference. It always starts with white and red on, then white goes off, and red stays on..

Pablo74

MombasaFlash, yes, it seems to be stuck in bootloader mode after restarting it, I tried many times. Now I tried wd40, no difference. It always starts with white and red on, then white goes off, and red stays on..

to me it is always white and red.
you mean by restarting?

zeng

Restarting is simply plugging USB cord out and in again. I suspect the firmware fails to upgrade for some unknown reason, although flashmagic doesn't show anything being wrong..