Photohigher skyline rsgs

SamaraMedia

Looking good Nic. I've been taking a break the past month or so after a beater crash testing my last settings which tweaked my frame and rails as well. Started to have at it again tonight with limited success, having real bad twitching problem at startup which. Tried making sure there was no play in the rollers since it seemed awfully sloppy, took the rail cage out of the frame and tried to straighten it out, a little smoother but still has a few tight spots. I have a repair kit but haven't taken the time to rebuild it, are there any diagrams in reference to rebuilding the unit? I didn't notice anything on the PH website to help with that. Also, do you know if they have rollers available as spare parts?

Thanks, and keep up the good work.

John

Macsgrafs

Nice one Nic, any chance of seeing more of the video shot with the gopro on that av130?

The next person to post a video using RSGS, can you please do a moderately fast pan so I can watch the horizon?

Ross

nicwilke

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359097430852.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359097430852.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 180

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Is Itnecessary to use autotune after manual tune?

I follow instructions on set up and carry out the full auto tune. Since I got the V1.2 board the only time I went belly up is when I did not return the try to level after setting the vertical level. I am still on 1.2.2 firmware but I did set one up the other day on 1.6 and I see now there is a dialogue box telling you to return the try to level before hitting auto tune.

Worked first time.

Dave

PS just make sure when you hit autotune that the gimble can do its full travel either way with out hitting the floor. I set mine up with the copter on ntwo black lifting it well clear of the worktop.

If the weather is pants at the weekend ill film it.

MikeH

Hi Guys

My name is Mike and i will be rewriting the skyline manual. I am a commercial user of the skyline and AV200 so i understand the importance of getting it set up correctly.
I am heading up to Wellington on Friday this week to sit down with Kim and Brendan, ask questions and watch them in action as they go through a full tune from start to finish.

My plan is to really focus on the tuning section of the manual as this is the area of most importance. The actual mechanical installation of the skyline is relatively simple and nobody really seems to have to many issues with it so that section will only change slightly.

I will also try and and put together a small troubleshooting guide with a list of the common problems and there solution, so this is where you guys come in. If you have a problem that keeps popping up such as entering error mode constantly on start up etc, then please send it to skylinemanual@gmail.com

Please include:
A detailed explanation of the fault
FW Version you are running
The Gimbal used

I will endeavour to get an answer and include it in the troubleshooting guide. But there are no guarantees, the manual is the most important and if i run out of time then the troubleshooting guide will come later.

If you have any helpful tips or ideas for the manual then please feel free to contact me at the above address.

Thanks Guys
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

SamaraMedia

Nic, what parts are included in your repair kit? When you say gear track do you mean the four black rollers? If so how do you get those? My AV130 has the two sides, the brass toothed gear, tray and a servo mount. Is that all you got as well?

Thanks,

John

Efliernz

Pete
V1.7beta on my diy mount / DW VM-6 / HFP machine. Wind 5-10mph. Piro / yaw and aggressive flight testing.
The horizon was not perfectly level on power-up. There was some small roll effect during the piros. Most of the flight (especially the aggressive stuff)... very happy.

Just heading out for the day... video uploading...

Pete

Last edited by a moderator:

tombrown1

Anybody know how to set up the aux feature? I think I finally have a workable pan up and running.

I don't have a single cable out of my harness that is labeled aux. my rsgs is version 1.2 and I did a wiring mod per website instructions first thing.

Thanks,

Tom

Sl4uGh7eR

Hi , Tom, i asked exactly same question few posts above. I Still didnt got answer.
I just installed 1.7b1 and its a lot better than 1.6. Will do some movies and post it soon.

So if anyone can tell us about aux feature, please do so :)

Thanks,
Robert

Macsgrafs

After my troubles I had & finally sorting them I noticed something strange today!!!!
I haven't touched it since sorting it all 2 nights ago...plugged in the lipo today & it slowly rolls over by about 20 degrees!

Ross

ATFlyer

Well the 1.7 beta seems great :nevreness:
The software does have "anomalies" as nic puts it but once everything is working the RSGS performs very well.

My only issue is that I've had to tighten the rollers on the roll axis more than I feel is good to completely stop some roll jitter. It might be the weight of the 5D that it doesn't like. Anyone else had experience with the AV200/RSGS/5D combination?

Adrian

vip

Well the 1.7 beta seems great :nevreness:
The software does have "anomalies" as nic puts it but once everything is working the RSGS performs very well.

My only issue is that I've had to tighten the rollers on the roll axis more than I feel is good to completely stop some roll jitter. It might be the weight of the 5D that it doesn't like. Anyone else had experience with the AV200/RSGS/5D combination?

Adrian

I don't have your combo but I also cannot get rid of the tilt jitter all the time. I set the gains low 50 and it does it and I up them to the 200 range and it still does it. It is not constant just when ever it feels like it, no rhyme or reason to it.. I have an av130 / nex5n 16mm lens.. RSGS does not like the longer lens at all. I am thinking to change to free fly servos ....