Photohigher skyline rsgs

I never used the rsgs in non-slew but with another board i remember i had the same problem with a Cockpit radio and it disappeared when i moved onto a Evo. In my case it was the radio that was sending the unwanted position.
Maybe it's not the case but could be worth considering.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Folks.. I am just starting to build a new SJL X4 with a AV200 on it. I have a SL version 1.2 that has replaced the one that was origionally releaced and very nearly wrecked my AV130. I have a Radian on the AV130 roll and its bliss.

Question 1 - IS ANYONE HAVING RELIABLE SUCCESS WITH VERSION 1.2

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

nicwilke

Hi Folks.. I am just starting to build a new SJL X4 with a AV200 on it. I have a SL version 1.2 that has replaced the one that was origionally releaced and very nearly wrecked my AV130. I have a Radian on the AV130 roll and its bliss.

Question 1 - IS ANYONE HAVING RELIABLE SUCCESS WITH VERSION 1.2

Dave

Dave,
I tested mine today. It's a little sleepy, gains are low. I have a speed controller that needs a recalibration, had a wobble happening. Easy fix, but getting there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOliD8gBQyk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Looks quite smooth a bit slow on the tilt compensation.

Is there a better guide to set up than the instructions on the PH site. The power supply section seems a tad conflicting.

I would have a very long beard if I went back to the beginning of this thread so sorry if these questions have been posted before.

Dave

Tilt input rotates my camera tray the wrong direction.

I hooked my tilt input up to a slider on my transmitter, and it is working fine, except the tray rotates the wrong direction. The camera rotates up instead of down.

(I have also noticed that when I auto tune my unit, the tray always rotates backward to 90 degrees, when it seems like it should rotate forward.)

Reversing the slider switch on my transmitter doesn't help. it just changes which direction to move the slider from center to get the camera moving. The camera still rotates up.

I tried un-reversing the servo in the Skyline software. (My servo was reversed to start.) That just causes a red flash error at startup. I tried un-reversing the servo and then did a new auto tune. The auto tune just re-reverses the servo.

Can someone please tell me how to fix this?

I'll quote myself in case it can be of any help.
(it's normal that things get lost in threads this long)

The reverse box only serves to reverse the compensation and it is normal that the autotune sets it correctly regardless of what you do.
If you need to reverse the side the gimbal moves to (like you do) you must change the "limits". If they are 0 and 90 you must change them to 90 and 0 (don't remember now, maybe you will need to try -90 and 0, some testing will clarify)

Claudio

Thanks a lot! I did try to search this thread for a relevant post, but didn't find one.

I was sort of starting on my own down the path that you just suggested. I tried switching the default 90 value to -90, but it didn't work. I'll try setting the value that says 90 to zero, and the one that says zero to 90.

First I have to find a new programming cable! Like a complete idiot, I momentarily powered up my Skyline with the roll pot lead plugged into the programmer. (Yeah the one that sends power in where the signal is supposed to go.) I killed my programming cable.

Thank goodness the Skyline is ok. I don't even have a need for that roll pot lead. I have the plug on that lead taped over now. Kinda like shutting the doors after the cows have gone...

I made an inquiry with Photohigher for a new programming cable. I hope it doesn't take long, all I need to do is reverse those values, and I'm ready to fly!

vip

Thanks a lot! I did try to search this thread for a relevant post, but didn't find one.

I was sort of starting on my own down the path that you just suggested. I tried switching the default 90 value to -90, but it didn't work. I'll try setting the value that says 90 to zero, and the one that says zero to 90.

First I have to find a new programming cable! Like a complete idiot, I momentarily powered up my Skyline with the roll pot lead plugged into the programmer. (Yeah the one that sends power in where the signal is supposed to go.) I killed my programming cable.

Thank goodness the Skyline is ok. I don't even have a need for that roll pot lead. I have the plug on that lead taped over now. Kinda like shutting the doors after the cows have gone...

I made an inquiry with Photohigher for a new programming cable. I hope it doesn't take long, all I need to do is reverse those values, and I'm ready to fly!

it's easy.... all else fails just reverse (change) it in your radio...

Ok, forget what I said about the usb cable, it's working.

But now, my tilt function is not. I got into the servo tilt limits program, and reversed the values and saved them. When I powered up the skyline and tested the tilt function didn't work. So I went back and changed the 90 to -90 and tried again. Still no tilt response. Hmmmm. Went back to default values, still no tilt response! Yes, I saved each time.

I have checked and rechecked my connections. The channel monitor on my transmitter shows my aux channel working normally. I tried plugging the tilt input into a different rx channel. Still no tilt response. I did a new auto tune. I ran the firmware update again. I didn't try restoring defaults, but that's my next idea to try. This is so strange. It was working perfectly, except it was reversed. Now it wont work at all. Really scratching my head here.

But now, my tilt function is not....

Autotune ok means the servo works, it's only not responding to radio tilt input, correct?
Did you do switch on the skyline with radio tilt input connected? If the skyline doesn't see a rx input on one channel at startup it will ignore that channel even if you connect the rx afterwards. Two heads scratching now...

chicolima

Hi, Iscorama
Look: BEFORE you clic "Autotune" you MUST "Save Settings" (the two first settings: XY and Z) and then go to "Autotune". After this (things must be correct) you uncheck "servos" and clic "Save Settings" again.

Yes, I have re-started the Skyline a bunch of times, no tilt response. I know the servo is working, and the receiver is working. Tilt settings back to default. I have no idea why the tilt wont respond.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
What gains are people happy with at the moment?

Mine works well with position gains in 80 to 120 range and velocity gains in the 60 to 80 range. I'd have to connect to verify but I think right now the tilt position is around 90 and roll 110 with tilt velocity at 60 and roll velocity at 70 or 80. Pan is not in use and the integrals are all at zero.

Two things I found that make a really big difference, make sure both tilt and roll motion is smooth and even across the entire range of travel, and do whatever it takes to get the camera perfectly balanced on the platform. I disconnected the tilt belt and lowered the roll cradle so the roll servo gear wasn't making contact and the entire assembly was free to move on its own, with the camera mounted it's pretty easy to see what direction things are light vs. heavy. I found with the Nex 5N I had to add weight to platform opposite the tilt servo to get it to balance. The combination of the tilt servo weight and the offset lens on the Nex plus the roll cradle and platform on the AV130 not being big enough to be able to move the Nex around very much made it impossible to balance without adding some ballast. Once I did that things started working a LOT better...

Ken

P.S. do Autotune after getting the balance right and with the camera mounted on the platform.

After testing the ranges 100-200-300-400 P and subsequent D i stick with the surrounding of 100 for P 60 for V whilst I is 5 for both roll and tilt. Pan will stay disabled until new firmware arrives.
Brendon....?

jaco707

Hi,

I have Skyline RSGS + AV200 + 360 Pan with legs and I have problems with settings. I use Skyline Software version: 2.2.0.0, Firmware Version: 1.2.2.
1. The camera tray don't tilt by 90° - only about 45°. Servo limit is set to 90°.
2. Settings of "Position Gain" works good, but it seems to me that "Velocity Gain" and "Integral Gain" settings do not work at all.
Servos in gimbal works fast just when I set "Tilt Position" and "Roll Position Gain" about to 600-800. On the recommended 100-150 is very very slow.
I can not set properly the gimbal.

Could you give me some advices, how to solve these problems, please?

vip

On question 1 ... check your end point or subtrim set in your radio. If the software is set up at 90 degrees that is the most obvious thing to look at.
The other thing to look at for tilt is "Did you center your servo" , meaning remove the belt, go into software and move you position numbers ( normally a minus number )
until the servo stops, level the tray and put the belt back on..