Photohigher skyline rsgs

The pan center tune value does not seem to change anything.

The video is shot with pan servo input connected to the radio or not?
You may very well have both off center: skyline servo center and radio trim center. In that case you may trim the radio and for a split second it will stay but the skyline will see this "trimming" like a command and act accordingly a moment later.
My suggestion is to get a perfect center in the servo center tuning menu. Then, and only then, connect the radio and look for a way to reduce the radio trim step value to have a finer control with trim.
I agree the skyline is a very good product, i am very happy with it.
Mode rant ON
Even if PH is not giving any indication of effort to solve the little problems "left behind" like keeping radio control when the compensation is disabled and others.
Mode rant OFF

Last edited by a moderator:

I have problems with my pan servo. I am not able to start and stop panning smoothly.
Which pan servos do you use?
I got the hyperion ds16-fcd on my av130.

Graham88

I have just posted a video that we helped make for the new Rudimental track, "Not Giving In" at http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?113-Show-what-you-filmed&p=68417&viewfull=1#post68417.
It was shot in Manila and used the Skyline with V1.6.6 firmware, so we managed to pull this off without any pan stabilization. The latest firmware didn't get released until a week after we finished shooting. The video is probably one of the best story-lines of any music video and is epic in the detail and quality. Cloud 12 are proud to have contributed to it's success. Please have a look and feel free to comment in the "Show us what you filmed" thread.

3DJIM

Low Down Hucker
I have just posted a video that we helped make for the new Rudimental track, "Not Giving In" at http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?113-Show-what-you-filmed&p=68417&viewfull=1#post68417.
It was shot in Manila and used the Skyline with V1.6.6 firmware, so we managed to pull this off without any pan stabilization. The latest firmware didn't get released until a week after we finished shooting. The video is probably one of the best story-lines of any music video and is epic in the detail and quality. Cloud 12 are proud to have contributed to it's success. Please have a look and feel free to comment in the "Show us what you filmed" thread.

Mate, That video was awesome in every way!!, great use of multi and the quality from the cam used to make that vid is sick!!! loved it!!

Jim.

A quick update. I'm working on the next firmware version.

It includes a much more stable autotune that is more accurate and less violent than the old one. It turns the servos on one at a time.

Ability to change transmitter sensitivity through the software and select the acceleration to get smoother movements.

Ability to assign each position in the aux switch input to different functions. Functions included at the moment are:

All Servos Off
All Servos Stabilised
All Servos Manual Control
Roll & Tilt Stabilised/Pan Manual
Roll & Tilt Stabilised/Pan Off
Roll Stabilised/Tilt & Pan Manual

If theres any features you want or bugs that need fixing you can add them to our issue tracker here.
https://bitbucket.org/photohigher/skylinefirmware/issues

Cheers,
Brendon

Forrest12

A quick update. I'm working on the next firmware version.

It includes a much more stable autotune that is more accurate and less violent than the old one. It turns the servos on one at a time.

Ability to change transmitter sensitivity through the software and select the acceleration to get smoother movements.

Ability to assign each position in the aux switch input to different functions. Functions included at the moment are:

All Servos Off
All Servos Stabilised
All Servos Manual Control
Roll & Tilt Stabilised/Pan Manual
Roll & Tilt Stabilised/Pan Off
Roll Stabilised/Tilt & Pan Manual

If theres any features you want or bugs that need fixing you can add them to our issue tracker here.
https://bitbucket.org/photohigher/skylinefirmware/issues

Cheers,
Brendon
When can we expect this FW update?
I have a problem with the delay the skyline has to recognise the 3 position switch movement. has a terrible delay in working out the m/s change.
Tested with a servo and works instantly

Thanks

Forrest12

Brendon
Went for a quick fly and happy to report that the skyline has improved from its initial release, First time ive been game to touch it since I had changed to a different gimbal controller.

Pan compensation is very acceptable and I consider it usable, Roll also is usable, tilt i belive with some tuning
(on my end) will be usable too.

just need the AUX switching issue fixed, its a pain in the butt having to power up the gimbal and flick the 3 position switch half a dozen times for the pan to stop rotating the airframe.

Thanks

Pete

My Roll gets out of horizon when I pan or rotate the aircraft. About 8 degrees, then slowly it goes back into good horizon.
This is the "left over error", right?
Changing the roll integral gain doesn't help at all, I cannot see a difference if I put it to 100 or 500.

My gains:
tilt position 170
roll position 345

tilt velocity 50
roll velocity 80

tilt integral 90
roll integral 90

It's a AV130 with CX730, the stabilization works good for me except this left over error.

Any advices?

Thanks a lot,

Andy

jappie911

I am also still having this "left over error", I hope they can get this sorted.

My laptop is broken so can not test all gains in the field, but I think everybody have this problem ?? Or not ?

Brendon
Went for a quick fly and happy to report that the skyline has improved from its initial release, First time ive been game to touch it since I had changed to a different gimbal controller.

Pan compensation is very acceptable and I consider it usable, Roll also is usable, tilt i belive with some tuning
(on my end) will be usable too.

just need the AUX switching issue fixed, its a pain in the butt having to power up the gimbal and flick the 3 position switch half a dozen times for the pan to stop rotating the airframe.

Thanks

Pete

I haven't seen this problem myself yet. If you have the pan center tune incorrect you'll experience something similar though. The pan will turn for about 3 or 4 seconds before turning off. Check that you can turn the pan gains to zero without the gimbal spinning. If it spins adjust the pan center tune until it stops.

nicwilke

Did a tune this afternoon and sped up servo response. It's windy as hell, far windier than I would film in, but nonetheless tested the skyline. I'm quite happy with the results. I'll grab it off the camera in a few hours and post it up.

Macsgrafs

Did a tune this afternoon and sped up servo response. It's windy as hell, far windier than I would film in, but nonetheless tested the skyline. I'm quite happy with the results. I'll grab it off the camera in a few hours and post it up.

hows that video going Nic???

Macsgrafs

Looking at it, gains are nearly perfect but now I have vibration from props. I think it's more an ESC calibration issue with my YS-X6, so redid them today and test again tomorrow.

Post it up anyway, would be great to see how well its handling the wind.

Yeah post it already.

What's the point in only putting the best snippets up ?. We get those from the manufacturers of stuff like this. We want to see the real-deal.