Photohigher skyline rsgs

Nice Flying! I guess from your licence plate you must be in the Netherlands, right?
Ever flown in a 70 km/h storm ?

I did, wanted to tune my Skyline today, but there was to much wind to fly.. still did it.. :nevreness:

Offcourse it was to much to tune the skyline, but the level of the video still amazed me, because I was flying constant in min. 45 degrees to not let it fly away from me..!!

Wind was 45 km/h with windgusts up to 70 km/h (= 40 mph ?)

http://youtu.be/ZVdrztxQYi8?hd=1

Last edited by a moderator:

jappie911

Nice Flying! I guess from your licence plate you must be in the Netherlands, right?

Yes, from Holland !

It was a pitty I did not have a second camera with me to show the movements of the heli, it was some crazy flying !!

I needed a lot of power and I think it was more like 60 degree angle just to stay in one place !

So I was really amazed when I saw the video ! Off course there is a lot of movement and even jitter, but I think it shows the Skyline potential !

Ever flown in a 70 km/h storm ?

I did, wanted to tune my Skyline today, but there was to much wind to fly.. still did it.. :nevreness:

Offcourse it was to much to tune the skyline, but the level of the video still amazed me, because I was flying constant in min. 45 degrees to not let it fly away from me..!!

Wind was 45 km/h with windgusts up to 70 km/h (= 40 mph ?)

http://youtu.be/ZVdrztxQYi8?hd=1

Very nice. What are your gains?

nicwilke

Flew again today specifically to test gains and settings, but there was no wind. The gimbal really had smooth operation. I entered the WHY contest on this forum and there is one tiny clip of a nose in shot of my gimbal in operation. Looks really cool.

I decided at 11pm last night to tidy my wiring and in all of my stupidity, cut the wrong cables. So, i pulled the pins completely and stared a new on from scratch from the schematics PH posted. A good exercise that everyone should do to familiarize themselves to the single most important item of your multi rotor equipment, and I mean even more important than the FC, frame or motors... Anything.

iscorama

Are you getting a single red flash or double. i.e. flash - pause - flash - pause,, or flash - flash - pause - flash - flash - pause. If it is a single flash check your center tune values by turning the gains for tilt down close to zero. If you can turn it all the way to zero and your gimbal doesn't move that means the center tune value is correct. If it moves you need to adjust the value. Repeat for roll and pan.

Do you have limitless movement using the transmitter or when you tip the gimbal over by hand? The roll limits are relative to ground. The skyline assumes the gimbal will be approximately upright.

Just to clarify the center tune values. Ideally if a 1500us servo signal was sent to a continuous servo it will not spin. However this relies on the pot being centered off properly, and the exact value needed to center off different servos varies a bit. So the center tune parameter is to correct for this. The center tune values have nothing to do with leveling the gimbal and shouldn't be used for this.

Setting the gains to zero means the skyline wont try to correct any movements. It will just send a neutral signal. The exact value of this signal is 1500ms - center_tune/12.

I have a new problem, after i tried to do auto tune with pan servo connected and lifted multicopter so the pan can move freely (because I was getting single red flash error before), my roll have gone wild and I can't do anything to make it normal.
Tried to tune it with roll gear removed and tilt belt removed, with pan disconnected, with roll gear on and tilt belt on, but roll always go wild and hit and stops on the bar of the av200, no matter which procedure im using...
other settings: on Tilt Servo it's checked Slew mode and on roll servo it's checked Reverse ( by default, i haven't touch anything there)

Here is the video illustrating my problem, sorry for bad quality, I was shooting with one hand and without autofocus (canon 7d).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTgfopWelPY&feature=youtu.be

Iscorama, take the time to read the setup guide: from what i see on the video you're not saving the values of "set xy and z" before launching autotune.

iscorama

I forgot to save settings in the video, but earlier I always save them... and now just tried again, saved settings and the same thing happens...
Also, when I uncheck reverse on roll servo, the camera plate goes from one side to the other and back...
and on monitor tab within skyline software all readings for tilt, roll and pan are correct

hdj912

Mine did the same as yours, after i clicked "restore defaults" in the firmware tab it responded how it should. Did you try that already?

iscorama

yes, I already tried 'restore defaults', also reinstalled the firmware, always thesame thing happens.. maybe roll gyro on skyline stooped working (but on monitor tab roll reading are just fine, when i move the gimbal it shows that)

diaconescu

with a compact camera without objective or gopro2 stabilization is ok but cx730 or nex7 oscillations appear on tilt. RSGS not deal well with av130 while the AV200 is good. I think the problem is mechanical av130 CG is very sensitive because of the small size.

Michael64

My skyline acts the same way small camera no problem move to GH2 oscillation on pitch start really nothing to do to stop them. I thought I might have a bad skyline but now you say you acts the same way most be in the skyline coming from absence of the pot on pitch I guess.

Michael64

with a compact camera without objective or gopro2 stabilization is ok but cx730 or nex7 oscillations appear on tilt. RSGS not deal well with av130 while the AV200 is good. I think the problem is mechanical av130 CG is very sensitive because of the small size.

pixvertex

I have no problems with a 150 tilt gain and 700 gain on roll on a av130 with a Sony 730. I use also gel dampers for the cam. Firmware 1.2.2 and dummy pots.

Michael64

Which version of the Skyline do you have mine was 1.2 and got the jitter problems. You may know but if not look right above the connector on the skyline it will tell the version.

Michael64

I have no problems with a 150 tilt gain and 700 gain on roll on a av130 with a Sony 730. I use also gel dampers for the cam. Firmware 1.2.2 and dummy pots.

pixvertex

I use the offical 1.2.2 Actually i modified what needs to be done for the loom and i made the dummy potis.
The camera is mounted on a gel mount. But actually these normally makes thing even worse.
1.2.2 is light years better than 1.6. I even powered 1.6 with 3 power sources.
Now everything is powered with one 6v switching bec from staufenbiel around 20 euros.

Wanted to make a test flight today but i had no time ... Grüße micha

btw. check your belt on the tilt if it aligned tight !

View attachment 6320View attachment 6321

Attachments

• IMG_2338[1].jpg
    IMG_2338[1].jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_2339[1].jpg
    IMG_2339[1].jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 207

helicoblast

Hi guys,

I need help.
Skyline is mounted on my cinestar and updated with the last firmware.
All the calibration routine goes well, autotune included.
Tilt axis is set up in slew mode, and here's my question.

The camera tray never stops in the centered position, it always moves.
I tried to change the tilt servo center position, played with gains, no changes.

Any idea?

Thanks for your help!

Bastien