Photohigher skyline rsgs

Michael64

Question is what if you all the above and you still have jittering in the pitch servo and cannot get rid of it no matter what and you manual tune and autotune but the jitter remains its like its hunting where ever the pitch is. I have tried to balance the camera different positions and have tried to change the center point manually with no help in getting rid of the jitter. I have also change dummy pots from one the other no change the roll always works great with no jitter.

Michael64

My AV130 is working well with 1.2.2 & dummy pots/wire harness simple mod. There seems to be a few people that are still having problems with the skyline. I suggest everyone having issues read the official guide pdfs on PH's website and check both your gimbal and wiring carefully. Personally, i think the first setup with the mod you should not do the auto tune, as you are really testing your dummy pots and wiring before you are tuning your gimbal.

If you error in any of the process, of course you will have issues. One big mistake to look out for is after any tuning malfunction (that makes the gimbal go nuts) check the skyline is still tight on the gimbal.

Remember to remove the tilt belt and servo gear wheel when first manually leveling the skyline as it saves a lot of strain on your equipment.

nicwilke

Question is what if you all the above and you still have jittering in the pitch servo and cannot get rid of it no matter what and you manual tune and autotune but the jitter remains its like its hunting where ever the pitch is. I have tried to balance the camera different positions and have tried to change the center point manually with no help in getting rid of the jitter. I have also change dummy pots from one the other no change the roll always works great with no jitter.

Michael64

What servo's do you have?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

....But when I use CTRL 6, it does not work the same as it was normally over my Mikrokopter flightcontroller, have to turn the knob and then back again to stop it.

I connected a signal cable from the MK flightcontrl. to the Skyline Tilt input. ( I do not use a second transmitter. )

Any idea ?

I think the Skyline tilt channel must be in slew mode. Take the Skyline tilt out of slew into normal mode and then it should work.

Last edited by a moderator:

...I have a new AV200 and have just bought a Skyline. And want to set it up now. I will now follow the instructions but I have one question:
I will make the Harness Modification today - and the dummy pots, BUT what about the servo modification mentioned on the photohigher website? It looks very complicated. Do I have to make that modification to or isn't it important since no one mention it here??
Looking forward to hearing from you... best Nikolaj

If you bought an AV130, the servo's will already be modified to use with dummy pots. All you need to do is make the resistors up which is relatively easy.

jappie911

Here you can see a test from today with the 1.2.2. and dummy pots, on my (non-pan) av-200, tilt gain 150, roll gain 180 the rest on stock settings..

Not-bad, I did just some rough flying, in medium wind, can't trace all the movements I did.

On descending lots off movements off-course..

But I hope to get the horizon drift out of it with some tuning, it is better then on earlier firmware's, because it levels again after a while.

But any tips to get it better PH ?

http://youtu.be/bjVbuJWzpZE?hd=1

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
After A few test flights and some gain tweaking here's where I'm at with mine...

Tilt is locked in, roll still needs work. This flight was done with the roll gains raised to see what effect it would have, does a similar twitch at lower settings. I'm wondering if some of it is the AV130 being hung from a bunch of o-rings (Cinestar isolation mounts) that allow it swing around some under the Cinestar. If I can't get it smoothed out on roll I'll have to move this AV over onto the Droidworx frame and see if it gets any better with the gimbal less flexibly attached to the frame. I've had this problem to some degree with every setup I've used to stabilize the mount, DJI WKM, MK, YS-X6, and now the RSGS. Other than the YS-X6 this is the most noticeable, less so with the WKM stabilization and barely noticeable with MK but still there.

Ken

Ken,

If those sharp twitches were not there it would be pritty good, it could be the isolation however i will talk to Brendon on Monday and see if there is somthing we can do with the code.

This is a nice video doen with A Skyjib AV200 with Skyline - there is some postabilisation however it is not bad - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsnCJKnmDis&feature=colike
jappie911
Here you can see a test from today with the 1.2.2. and dummy pots, on my (non-pan) av-200, tilt gain 150, roll gain 180 the rest on stock settings..

Not-bad, I did just some rough flying, in medium wind, can't trace all the movements I did.

On descending lots off movements off-course..

But I hope to get the horizon drift out of it with some tuning, it is better then on earlier firmware's, because it levels again after a while.

But any tips to get it better PH ?

http://youtu.be/bjVbuJWzpZE?hd=1http://youtu.be/bjVbuJWzpZE?hd=1
Just make sure the Skyline is as close to level as possible to start. Try and re-do the auto tune and make sure the Skyline is as close to horisontal/level with the camera tray as possible.​

jappie911

Just make sure the Skyline is as close to level as possible to start. Try and re-do the auto tune and make sure the Skyline is as close to horisontal/level with the camera tray as possible.​

Levels are all 100% after auto tune, and camera also balanced on tray, and middle lens on height.

Should I try the gains on the bottom of the software?

I did not understand it 100% about the overshooting etc..

I'm wondering if some of it is the AV130 being hung from a bunch of o-rings (Cinestar isolation mounts) that allow it swing around some under the Cinestar.

Same problem with same suspension system. You may test more or some harder o-rings, that should help. I am thinking on converting it back to some more traditional suspension system. Talking about settings: i learnt that the safe side in setting these systems is to undercompensate rather than overdoing it.
My 2c

Sl4uGh7eR

Hi there, i have a small problem with setting my max angles in SkyLine . We tested some angles and there are still booms on screen when our octo is at 45 degrees angle. In software i have default 90 and 0 values, i tried change values and its only changes base position of tray ;/ What i do wrong ? How to set angles that my tray moves only 30-35 degrees to booms side?
Sorry for my english.

Trnquill

The limits you set in the software are limits for how far the gimbal will tilt or roll relative to ground and for input signal. What this means is if you set for example tilt limits to 0 and 90, you can control the tilt with your radio from 0 to 90 degrees in relative to ground. What the set limits do not do is limit the angles relative to helicopter/gimbal mounting point. To put it other way the limit settings have no effect on how far will the axis turn if you rock your heli around. There's no way to limit that. Effectively if you do a loop or a flip with you heli, the gimbal will try to rotate tilt or roll (respectively) 360 degrees around. Hanging the heli from one boom making it hang vertical will tilt or roll your gimbal 90 degrees no matter what is set in the limits and so on.

All in all, if your gimbal can not turn limitless number of full rotations on both tilt and roll axis, I would try not to do any rolls or flips... ;)

Sl4uGh7eR

Thanks for answer. Our model is Droidworx AD8 Heavy lift with mikrokopter FC. Maybe if i will auto tune with setting XY not ideally flat but with some degrees to ground, Skyline could think that 10 degrees to bottom is "flat" for him :)
About tilt input, we connected tilt input to Tilt servo gimbal control of mikrokontroler but with compensation setting to 0. So on our futaba 10C we can very smoothly control tilt angle. When we connected to free channel in receiver, speed of control was crazy (very fast).

Going to do some tests with leveling gyro. Wish me luck.

Trnquill

I would rather turn the Skyline a few degrees so that when the Skyline sits horizontal the camera tray is tilted little down. This way you can do autotune with 0 and 90 degrees (measured from the Skyline, not the camera tray) and still have the camera tray tilting a tad downwards in "0" position.

jappie911

Ever flown in a 70 km/h storm ?

I did, wanted to tune my Skyline today, but there was to much wind to fly.. still did it.. :nevreness:

Offcourse it was to much to tune the skyline, but the level of the video still amazed me, because I was flying constant in min. 45 degrees to not let it fly away from me..!!

Wind was 45 km/h with windgusts up to 70 km/h (= 40 mph ?)

http://youtu.be/ZVdrztxQYi8?hd=1

vip

Ever flown in a 70 km/h storm ?

I did, wanted to tune my Skyline today, but there was to much wind to fly.. still did it.. :nevreness:

Offcourse it was to much to tune the skyline, but the level of the video still amazed me, because I was flying constant in min. 45 degrees to not let it fly away from me..!!

Wind was 45 km/h with windgusts up to 70 km/h (= 40 mph ?)

http://youtu.be/ZVdrztxQYi8?hd=1

Impressive, when you fly a calm day you may just have something there. That video now could be easily stablized.