Photohigher skyline rsgs

360 Pan Setup

Thanks everyone for the input on this (especially Cedric). Can anyone explain how you have connected the PAN directly into the receiver. Ours only spins 1 way and we can only just get it to stop. (DX8 & AR8000).

Hi benBigDude,

this problem isn't correlated to the skylie, it's a problem between your transiter and your receiver.
You must set up your trim on the pan.
and... that's it :)

what you can do:

remove the belt of the 360°
switch on evrything.
your pan will start spinning.

trim your transmiter until the pan stop spinning.
test the pan one direction and the other one on the channel affected to the pan.

replace the 360° belt

et voilà :)

Best regards,
Cédric

Tomvb

Hello skyline owners,

my name is Tom Im from holland and use the skyline on a av200.
when i recieved the unit i attached it on the gimbal de way 1001copters dicriped in the video.
it worked, did a few test flights and then wanted too tune the skyline on the computer.
because of all the problems everyone was having, i waited untill the new manual arived on the photohigher site.
folllowed the instructions installed the software and drivers and trided to upload the 1.1.3.firmware first the blue led was flashing then the led showed solid orange
with no response from the skyline. the firmware updated failed. now my skyline gyro doesn't respond anymore and gives a solid orange led!?
al my wires are connected the right way, and i power the skyline with a bec providing 5v just too be save.
did someone had the same issue? some help would be verry welcome.

thanks!

Thanks Cedric,

We now have this working, but I have used all of the trim and sub-trim available to stop it moving! Is this normal? I have also had to increase the stick travel to 150%. (I also set up the DR to 20 and Expo to 100 - nice tip).

Hi benBigDude,

this problem isn't correlated to the skylie, it's a problem between your transiter and your receiver.
You must set up your trim on the pan.
and... that's it :)

what you can do:

remove the belt of the 360°
switch on evrything.
your pan will start spinning.

trim your transmiter until the pan stop spinning.
test the pan one direction and the other one on the channel affected to the pan.

replace the 360° belt

et voilà :)

Best regards,
Cédric

Hi Benbigdude,

I'm sorry but doing some assistance by forum isn't very handy.
Don't you have any guy around you with some knowledge about setting up servos ?

if you want to set up your pan system, try to set up the servo outside the gimbal.
when it's ok, install it on your gimbal in order to avoid problems.

Hi Cedric - sorry you are very right. Our confusion is that there is no pot inside the servo to adjust. We have cured this by using one of the spare pots left over from the RSGS build. Thank you for your help.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I believe one of the first things the manual says for the 360 kit is to check if It drifts when you plug it directly to your rx. It then gives instructions on how to adjust it so it stops drifting. You should not have to adjust the tx settings to stop this. I know the picture shows an external pot for some reason. But it is internal like it says and you need to adjust it until it stops.

Last edited by a moderator:

100% with you IrisAerial and we have re-read everything many times. The challenge is our servo does not have the brass end of the internal pot to adjust. When you remove the gears there is not pot there! Hence the cure using the external pot.

Well if your servo doesn't have a potentioeter, it's normal that it spin without stopping.

The pan servo MUST have a pot.
It's better to use an external pot because if it's inside, you won't have the possibility to make 360° unlimited.

I also received a 360 pan kit from photohigher and was surprised to see no external pot even though the instructions referred to one.However the unit behaved correctly so I presumed it must have been adjusted and left inside. I found that the adjustment to avoid creep was critical. I used subtrim to slow down the servo travel and then tx trim to stop it. I needed to reduce travel to below 5% and use 100% expo to make it manageable.

Hi Tom,

Run the firmware update again. The key is not to power the skyline until the software says to connect the skyline. The computer needs to tell the skyline to enter boot mode when the skyline powers on.

Hello skyline owners,

my name is Tom Im from holland and use the skyline on a av200.
when i recieved the unit i attached it on the gimbal de way 1001copters dicriped in the video.
it worked, did a few test flights and then wanted too tune the skyline on the computer.
because of all the problems everyone was having, i waited untill the new manual arived on the photohigher site.
folllowed the instructions installed the software and drivers and trided to upload the 1.1.3.firmware first the blue led was flashing then the led showed solid orange
with no response from the skyline. the firmware updated failed. now my skyline gyro doesn't respond anymore and gives a solid orange led!?
al my wires are connected the right way, and i power the skyline with a bec providing 5v just too be save.
did someone had the same issue? some help would be verry welcome.

thanks!

Tomvb

Hello photohigher-b,

Thanks for the reply.
i did that(waited untill "now connect the skyline) but still no response from the skyline gyro?
led stays solid orange and it fails too load the firmware1.1.3. too the skyline.
also when de skyline gyro is not connected too the usb cable it stays solid orange with no response.
I will try again tomorrow.

Thanks

Tomvb

Hi Photohigher-b,

i tryed it again in the way you discriped it but its really stuck in the orange light with no response at all.
i bought it from digitech.nl and i want too send it back. i still have a lot off faith that the gyro will do a good job when its running.
i hope you(photohigher) can help me with this unit?
i want too get in the air as soon as possible!

thanks in advance,

Tom

I try to upload 1.1.3 to the skyline but I uploaded 1.1.4 before and I don´t know really what firmware is in my skyline ??? , where can I check that ?

MultiHexa

Finally after the change of Tiltservos (Hitech to Savöx), the first test with the skyline.
Here you can see the test:

Roll is OK
Tilt trembles in the movement.

Next step: go flying :nevreness:

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Tomvb,

Sorry about the trouble. We'll have a look at the Skyline for you to see why it is not working. Can you please contact Digitech about returning it to us.

Thanks