Photohigher skyline rsgs

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I have to say i am pretty pleased with my skylines ability to hold level when I throw the gimbal around. Totally stock. Only have the gains up 1-2 notches. I plug it in and it doesnt freak out and it seems to remember level even if I plug it in off camber. Though i still have not flown it, i am happy with the ground tests.

Lanzar

Hello,

We have some problems regarding level position , Servo tilt and roll and working nonstop, 0.4amp consumption nonstop. We get jitter nonstop on the both servo. Both servo are sawox, can check what model if needed. If i push the mount a little up on skyline side then the servos stop making noise for few seconds like they are in middle position and stabilized (as it should be always). How can we fix this since i tried to replace servo with another and same results.

Hello,

We have some problems regarding level position , Servo tilt and roll and working nonstop, 0.4amp consumption nonstop. We get jitter nonstop on the both servo. Both servo are sawox, can check what model if needed. If i push the mount a little up on skyline side then the servos stop making noise for few seconds like they are in middle position and stabilized (as it should be always). How can we fix this since i tried to replace servo with another and same results.

Good morning,
I'm sorry but you are wrong. Digital servo are always making a little noise. The acuracy of such a servo is so important that it never reach the perfect position, so it trys again and again to compensate a liiiiiiiittle in order to reach the perfect position but it can't. That's why it's always buzzing a little.

Lanzar

Good morning,
I'm sorry but you are wrong. Digital servo are always making a little noise. The acuracy of such a servo is so important that it never reach the perfect position, so it trys again and again to compensate a liiiiiiiittle in order to reach the perfect position but it can't. That's why it's always buzzing a little.

This is not little, this is like if i put my finger on the mount u can see it moove nonstop up and down and left and right for 1 or 3mm. And servo is getting hot since since it is working nonstop. I have done like 100 mounts with piclock and FC and never had this much jitter.
This is above normal, that is why i have wrote the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

jappie911

I am very happy with my Skyline, and have nice results with it, however I also do still have some Jitter / Movements

I tried different Bec's, and Ferrite rings in cables etc.. but still have Jitter, don't know if my servo's get warm.. don't think it's that bad.

But you can see it in video's, so it's not that smal.. just small adjustments in the middle position..

I tried really small gains, and also dampening with Velocity, al kind of different combinations, but't can' t get it away..

It's a stock AV-200 with stock Savox, only bigger servo wheel, but original also did not help.. and the above is only a problem on Roll.

iscorama

Hello,

So Lanzar, Kopterworx received their batch of Skylines?

HeinzABF

@ Cedric
@ Photohigher

Hi Cedric,
i couldt not resolve the problem with the USB cable. As you know i had send the whole Skyline to Multihexa and he has testet it. Skyline is ok, USB cable is OK. But than i asked him to test the USB cable on a different PC and he got the same results as me. NOT WORKING NO CONNECTION!!!!! Only the message : COM Port OPEN
That means: Tests on 6 differnet PC`s and Laptops and only on one PC the USB cable is working. Also Multihexas USB cable is also only working on 1 PC. All PC`s are using Windows 7.
So, what is the reason for that??????????

Regards
Heinz

This is not little, this is like if i put my finger on the mount u can see it moove nonstop up and down and left and right for 1 or 3mm. And servo is getting hot since since it is working nonstop. I have done like 100 mounts with piclock and FC and never had this much jitter.
This is above normal, that is why i have wrote the problem.

My apologies but when you wrote:
If i push the mount a little up on skyline side then the servos stop making noise for few seconds like they are in middle position and stabilized (as it should be always)
I understood that you were making the classical misundertsanding about digital servo people usualy do :)

Yes there is Jitter on the skyline actually. Photohigher is working on it.

@ Cedric
@ Photohigher

Hi Cedric,
i couldt not resolve the problem with the USB cable. As you know i had send the whole Skyline to Multihexa and he has testet it. Skyline is ok, USB cable is OK. But than i asked him to test the USB cable on a different PC and he got the same results as me. NOT WORKING NO CONNECTION!!!!! Only the message : COM Port OPEN
That means: Tests on 6 differnet PC`s and Laptops and only on one PC the USB cable is working. Also Multihexas USB cable is also only working on 1 PC. All PC`s are using Windows 7.
So, what is the reason for that??????????

Regards
Heinz
I really don't know but I'm working on my test bench with win xp and it works fine :/
As far as I know you are the only one that have had this informatical problem. DO you know other people having it ?

Skyline Servo Problem

Hi Guys,

I'm new here-any tips or advice would be much appreciated.
I just got my new skyline tried it on my av200-seems to compensate ok but very jittery,so i tried another servo i had for the roll-a freefly servo form my cinestar gimbal.

When i plug it into the roll on the the skyline the servo just rotates continually and i have no control in the menu. The servo was working fine until i plugged it into the skyline but now when i plug it back into the standard mk fc board it just does the same thing!!
Has the skyline fried my servo??

Thanks

Matt

Hi Steadimove.
you should have read a little of this topic before posting :)

The skyline delivered have some firmware problems.
photohigher is working on it to eliminate the Jitter problem.

It's also in this topic that you will see that some servos are not compatible with the skyline (Hitec one for example)

The skyline is sold for AV130 and Av200. Support is done only for these stock gimbals. Perhaps a later firmware will allow the use of other servos but it's not the actual priority.

I did read every post!!!!!! Thanks for your input!!! There's no need to put me down for asking a question to people who have a better understanding than me!!

Thanks for your support!

Hi Steadimoves,

as you have read all the post, you have seen that the jitter problem is inside the firmware and that nobody as a miraculous solution :/
On the fench board we have seen that if you unplug one of the axe, you don't have jitter on the remaining.
This isn't a soltion as you will need 2 skylines for stabilisation :) That's why i didn't put this "solution" there.

I understand the jitter problem is in the firmware-the question i was asking is does it sound like my servo has been damaged by the skyline because it was fine before that and now it just spins. I guess its a warning to others with freely servos.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
What voltage are you guys using? I am at the default 5 v coming from my cc bec and it responds very fast. I'll make video.

Hi Matt,

The Skyline would not have fried your servo. The power supply lines for the servo are fed directly by your BEC (or whatever you're using to power it). The only thing that could have damaged your servo was if it was mechanically blocked while you had it running. It should have heated up or given you the jammed hum to let you know though. Can you send me a photo of your setup... maybe there is something obvious we've missed.