Photohigher skyline rsgs

Macsgrafs

When I rolled back the software this is exactly what I did. Again I'm sorry that it assumes basic knowledge but if I describe what I did step by step I won't miss anything.

I began with 1.6 loaded into the RSGS and the 1.6 software on the PC

I removed the power from the RSGS
I unplugged the USB from the PC but it remained connected to the RSGS
I closed the Skyline programming software on the PC
I un-installed the Skyline software through the control panel. (Somewhere on the last few pages of this forum Brendon of PH describes another way of removing the software)
I installed a previous version of the Skyline software. The filename of this version says it is "SkylineSoftware2.2.zip"
Once it had installed it automatically started so I closed it down
I plugged in the USB to the PC & waited for the audible signal verifying the driver had started
I started the Skyline software
I clicked the PH logo in the bottom left corner, then CONNECT, then the port that was offered. Here I got the "failed to connect" message. The "UPDATE FIRMWARE" box should be available at this time.
I clicked on the UPDATE FIRMWARE box - the software then instructs to power up the RSGS. A progress bar fills & once successful the RSGS ends up in "setup" with the blue LED.

I then did a factory restore & went on to the regular tuning routine.

I hope this helps. If you haven't got v2.2 and want to give it a go PM me & I'll get it to you.

Adrian

Thanks Adrian, tried all that & still no go :( I'm sure my v1.2 must be wrong! I am running v1.2 but it says "Skyline software version 1.6.0.0" and on the same page (Firmware update) the restore defaults is grayed out..its still asking for a .phf file :( if you could let me have a copy of your v1.2 it would be appreciated.

Regards
Ross

ATFlyer

Ross- just emailed you with the firmware.

I've checked my version - on the Firmware Update page the software says it is Skyline Software version 2.2.0.0 and current firmware 1.2.2

That is the version I've sent you.

Last edited by a moderator:

vip

20 test flights yesterday... NEW UPDATE!@!!!!!

So far with 1.6 the major bug is is will NOT level itself all the time anymore, I never had this happen with 1.2.
Sometimes if you take off BEFORE it sets it does have a tendancy to level itself more often but not always.
Or if I do radical side to side and it seemed to reset level from initial set up to proper level.
Over all performance is greatly improved.

Ok after spending litterly all day with the new software and 20 flights, i went to the job, guess what this FRICKIN' thing did... First time I plugged it in, it started level as I took off then slowly rolled right (max) and then started tilting down.
I had to land with my lens pointing to the ground as there was NO control over the the tilt at all.

I powered off and on 3 times and it finally started to be halfway normal. It was level and full control over tilt, short test flight looked OK.....

I went to the job site feeling very shaky, and I think my energy went to the frickin' controller.
I start it up and and it looks level, I take off and now I have tilt jitter and roll can't figure out where it wants to be.
I power cycle multiple times to no avail.

I guess I will sit patiently and twiddle my thumbs until photohigher makes a post and helps me with this Rock solid stabilization unit.
I am sure they will work all weekend on this and get an update out without worrying about spending time with their families( like I will have to screwing with it)

I am sure they are a dedicated bunch and want to have a working product.

Thank you photohigher for your concern! We all appreciate your recent posts here and help you give to all of us that bought the skyline.

I obviously have to keep working with it and try and make something acceptable as I have to re-shoot on Monday and today is friday...geez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to the job site feeling very shaky....

That's everybody's nightmare. There is really no solution except having all the gear well tested and set. I know because we did the very same thing with the 1.5, just a few hours and three test flights after installing it we were on a videoshoot site. Result: my video op had a really bad time in keeping the whole thing level, luckily we got the results anyway but....what a day!
Never again.

vip

That's everybody's nightmare. There is really no solution except having all the gear well tested and set. I know because we did the very same thing with the 1.5, just a few hours and three test flights after installing it we were on a videoshoot site. Result: my video op had a really bad time in keeping the whole thing level, luckily we got the results anyway but....what a day!
Never again.

I agree on the testing , that is why I did 20 flights two days before. I was quite shocked when i saw what happened.

nicwilke

Check that your skyline is rigid and tight. I found mine slipping today. Just another thing to keep an eye on. I added a small washer to assist
View attachment 9020

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358571048262.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358571048262.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 237

ary

What a nightmare.

Thats the reason I postpone my purchase for av200+rsgs since early dec. I found something is not fix yet with rsgs.
I hope it will work as you expected this weekend. I believe people from photo higher will keep their eye on this thread, because many future av200/130/rsgs buyer are folowing this thread & expecting a happy ending/good solution before they made decision.

I'm still on a crossroad between AV200+rsgs and Cinestar+radian.
Weight is one my reason I still have faith in Av200

Ary

Tuukkuli

I am having the same problem with Brian Courtice in last Nov. The tilt control via the transmitter does not work on my Photohigher RSGS. The stabilator and gimbal is connected to a separate receiver from the copter itself and is powered by a HobbyKing 15A UBEC.

The stabilization works OK on both roll and tilt axis and the maunal roll control works too. Neither of the channels/servos are not in slew mode.

My RSGS is ver. 1.1 and I have received the dummy pots and replacement wiring harness from 1001copters in France. Anyone has any ideas?

Thanks,
Tuukka
Finland

nicwilke

Nic, sorry to hear your crash. Hope the damage wasn't too bad.

Looks worse than it was. The great think about the XM design is it split apart a little. Few things that needed attention, and worst damage was the AV130. I have parts from that already on FedEx. I've straightened it out, and have it running again, but will replace the roll cage when it arrives.

I'm not getting drift on roll or tilt. Note in video I need to hold the tray to boot? Not sure why, but if I don't force the tray to stay still when servos kick in, it errors out.

View attachment 9032

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358599607969.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358599607969.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 331

fort1952

question:
In the latest version v.1.6.40, this version does not fix the loss of horizon, it increases it, with roll and tilt movements.
When making the right turn the roll leans to the left, and the tilt up.
When making the left turn the roll is inclined to the right and down tilt.
Horizon is maintained only if there are no turns.

Is there a solution? o Do you happen to everyone?

Regards, Jose

Macsgrafs

Ross- just emailed you with the firmware.

I've checked my version - on the Firmware Update page the software says it is Skyline Software version 2.2.0.0 and current firmware 1.2.2

That is the version I've sent you.

Got it setup back on v1.2, thanks Adrian...you're a god send. Anyone else thinking of the update.. DON'T!!!! It's worse than useless. You can set it up perfectly at home, 10 mins later its all to **** again. My advice for anyone thinking of the RSGS "DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY".

Ok after spending litterly all day with the new software and 20 flights, i went to the job, guess what this FRICKIN' thing did... First time I plugged it in, it started level as I took off then slowly rolled right (max) and then started tilting down.
I had to land with my lens pointing to the ground as there was NO control over the the tilt at all.

I powered off and on 3 times and it finally started to be halfway normal. It was level and full control over tilt, short test flight looked OK.....

I went to the job site feeling very shaky, and I think my energy went to the frickin' controller.
I start it up and and it looks level, I take off and now I have tilt jitter and roll can't figure out where it wants to be.
I power cycle multiple times to no avail.

I guess I will sit patiently and twiddle my thumbs until photohigher makes a post and helps me with this Rock solid stabilization unit.
I am sure they will work all weekend on this and get an update out without worrying about spending time with their families( like I will have to screwing with it)

I am sure they are a dedicated bunch and want to have a working product.

Thank you photohigher for your concern! We all appreciate your recent posts here and help you give to all of us that bought the skyline.

I obviously have to keep working with it and try and make something acceptable as I have to re-shoot on Monday and today is friday...geez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, yes thanks photohigher for being so helpful to all these wonderful people who happen to spend lots & lots of money with you for such great support ;)
The new photohigher support team is called "Nic", Nic will gladly accept donations via paypal.

Your problems are indetical to mine but this is what I found. The actual software is worse than useless, you can sit there connected to a computer with the gimbal perfectly steady & still the computer shows the tilt & roll noving...not by a degree or 2, but 50 degrees or more at times. turn it off & on again & it shows 3 degrees out...turn off & on again & now its 35 degrees out! you will forever chase your arse with this software, my advice is stick with V1.2, at least it semi works.

Ross

vip

question:
In the latest version v.1.6.40, this version does not fix the loss of horizon, it increases it, with roll and tilt movements.
When making the right turn the roll leans to the left, and the tilt up.
When making the left turn the roll is inclined to the right and down tilt.
Horizon is maintained only if there are no turns.

Is there a solution? o Do you happen to everyone?

Regards, Jose

yes I experienced that also. also if i just yawed the copter while hovering the roll changed and will not level once I stop.
It stays wherever the roll spot is and now thinks that is level unless I roll the copter left and right quickly then it goes to level ..

vinnygogo

I noticed that xyz and z level is very important to be exactly straight! Could not get it right, but after using cross spirit laser, first tests look very good only the slightest drifts.

mmalik4

I have been busy with work these days... I will update with v1.6 and give it a try and let's see how it behaves..

-mmalik4

Got it setup back on v1.2, thanks Adrian...you're a god send. Anyone else thinking of the update.. DON'T!!!! It's worse than useless. You can set it up perfectly at home, 10 mins later its all to **** again. My advice for anyone thinking of the RSGS "DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY".

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, yes thanks photohigher for being so helpful to all these wonderful people who happen to spend lots & lots of money with you for such great support ;)
The new photohigher support team is called "Nic", Nic will gladly accept donations via paypal.

Your problems are indetical to mine but this is what I found. The actual software is worse than useless, you can sit there connected to a computer with the gimbal perfectly steady & still the computer shows the tilt & roll noving...not by a degree or 2, but 50 degrees or more at times. turn it off & on again & it shows 3 degrees out...turn off & on again & now its 35 degrees out! you will forever chase your arse with this software, my advice is stick with V1.2, at least it semi works.

Ross

Macsgrafs

Wicked shots Pete, I know the sound & can picture it in my minds eye. Hope you had a great day...it was snowing here whilst you were sat in the sun ;)

Ross