Photohigher av130 and 360 pan kit

Jfalkner

Can anybody offer any advice on assembling the above. I've followed their instructions but it seems as though either the pan shaft is too short or the spacers are too wide. No matter which combination of parts I use the droidworx tray either rubs on the av130 or there is no room to get the lock nut on.

I have emailed PH a few days ago but haven't had a response.

Any help appreciated!

Milo

Had the same problem with my 360 pan kit along with a few other really annoying issues.
I can only get half the nut on the panshaft... Your'e suppose to use the lockwasher on there aswell, but there is no way in hell thats possible. I just drowned the thing with RED locktite. Been holding for six months now.

Jfalkner

Glad it's not just me! Did you put any washers (even your own) on top of the av130 as it catches the servo screw without the black nylon washer.

Milo

No, I put the black nylonwasher on. Had to use that... I just couldn't use the wavey lockwasher that should go under the nut.

Blacksails

At least you guys got all your parts. I've been waiting nearly 2 months for my kit and when it finally arrived i'm missing one of the two main shaft bearings, the locking washer, something called a needle thrust assembly and my bearing spacer is far too wide to fit in the hole. I've also received some random parts like a little tray which arent even part of the kit. Absolutely RAGING right now! I have a BNUC examination booked in and everything and this looks like it'll mean cancelling whilst they send me bits from New Zealand

RockDW

Gents one and all, am in the midst of the following build,

DroidWorx AD-3
DJI/WKM FC
PhotoHigher AV130
AVROTO 2814-11S Short Shaft 770KV Brushless Motor 4mm shaft 350 watts.
Quanum 2.4Ghz Telemetry System (Volt/Amp/Temp/mAh) V2 Display and RX
Quanum 2.4Ghz Flexible Antenna
DX8 and AR8000

GRAUPNER E-Prop 11"x5" X3
GRAUPNER E-Prop 11 "x5" left rotation X3
MT40A-OPTO-V1with NO BEC. 40AMP ESC

My question is, does anyone know the weight capacity on the AV130. The dealer and factory keep telling me, Photohigher lists that the AV130 "internal dimensions allow for a DSLR up to a Canon 550D". It also states elsewhere that "it is suitable for the GH2". Thanks for any assistance.

Jfalkner

I've been advised that I should be able to put all of the spacers and be able to tighten the bolt. I'm away from home at the moment but will send them a photo as they have requested. The tray is a strengthening tray that you can put in if you want to but for me us impossible due to the short bolt. It sounds as though you may have a mix of av130 and av200 bits though.

Jfalkner

I think somebody has posted about the ability to fit the 550d and the issue with any output cables. I think it was in the on going post about the rsgs problems. I'm only looking to run a gopro or a Nikon v1.

RockDW

Jfalkner, thanks for your reply, this seems to be the extent of anyone's knowledge on the subject, "...read somewhere that someone is using xxxs" but I cannot get anyone to tell me what the AV130 will absolutely hold weight wise! Exasperating! Thanks...we'll keep on plugging away, I am planning on shooting with a Nikon D5100 until I know I can't

Jfalkner

It's probably worth contacting 1001copters as their site shows a 550d on the av130. The issue seems to be the video out which requires an angled cable as there isn't enough room for the normal straight cable which, was the discussion on the forum.

RockDW

It's probably worth contacting 1001copters as their site shows a 550d on the av130. The issue seems to be the video out which requires an angled cable as there isn't enough room for the normal straight cable which, was the discussion on the forum.

Someone finally answered my question, somewhat, from 1001copters, "If I'm not wrong, the Nikon DS5100 is abou 500/600gr plus optics this can lead to nearly 1kg. It's not a problem at all for the AV130: the Servos are exactly the same as the one on the AV200 and The AV200 can handle a red epic."

All I can say about that is wow!

Just a quick update for people we have made a new pan shaft for the Av130 with a longer thread as well as a hole through the shaft so the nut can be secured with a split pin this way itf the nut come loose it can not fall off. Please contact your closes distributor if you need to get one of these new shafts. We can offer replacement shaft at cost for people how alrweady have an AV130.

Jfalkner

So if I have only just bought the kit, should I get the extended shaft for free, as there is no way the current shaft can fit as outlined in the instructions.

RockDW

Just a quick update for people we have made a new pan shaft for the Av130 with a longer thread as well as a hole through the shaft so the nut can be secured with a split pin this way itf the nut come loose it can not fall off. Please contact your closes distributor if you need to get one of these new shafts. We can offer replacement shaft at cost for people how alrweady have an AV130.

Okay, since you obviously at least occaisionally contribute to this forum, can you confirm what 1001copters related to me on the weight capacity of the AV130? (listed above)

hjls3

Okay, since you obviously at least occaisionally contribute to this forum, can you confirm what 1001copters related to me on the weight capacity of the AV130? (listed above)

Rock DW - just a little info for you. My av130 throws around T2i and 18-55 lens no worries. Not alot of room for live view output cable however, can be done with 90 degree plug. Camera ready to take pics - is 730 grams.

Blacksails

Hi guys,

Just fitted my AV200 360 to my AD8. It's veeeeeeerrrrrryyy wobbly. Are any of you guys noticing this? Feels like the landing gear is going to break away from the main frame.

Are there any home made solutions you lot are using to make this a little less fragile?

RockDW

hjls3, thanks for the heads up, I was simply trying to get Photohigher to respond for the general good of the order!

Hi there :)

Servo used on AV130 and AV200 are SAVOX 1290 TG (titanium gear) and 1256 MG (metal gear).
The MOST important thing for a good stabilization is a very well balanced gimbal.

About the 550D: its fit in the AV130 but you will have to buy a corner cable for video output. You can find some on ebay if I'm not wrong.

Thanks to Darko I have read about this new shaft. I will have an order this week end to Photohigher, I will ask them about this shaft.

For pan mounting I really prefer the helicopter cross system
View attachment 6995

This allow a larger clamp on structure but you will need a dedicated adaptator plate between your multi and this cross plate.

Attachments

• av200-cross-plate-for-pan.jpg
    av200-cross-plate-for-pan.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 253