Phantom-3 on test

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Oh damn. They really are getting these products out there ahead of support infrastructure.

Do you have to update the battery the way you do for the Inspire? That seems to have been causing some issues for the Inspire owners.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Oh damn. They really are getting these products out there ahead of support infrastructure.

Do you have to update the battery the way you do for the Inspire? That seems to have been causing some issues for the Inspire owners.

It must do it internally. I had to update the rig and the RC TX.

What SUX is the company I got mine from said "2 batts" and a GoProfessional case included! SA-WHEET!
What they forgot... "2nd batt and case will ship 4 - 6 weeks after rig"

:(

SamaraMedia

I'll say! Guess this answers my question as to whether the P2 battery is compatible, NOT! They had the same problem with 2nd batteries when the P2 came out, month or two later you could get the second battery.

I'm really liking the rectelinear camera in comparison to the GoPro fisheye, even at Medium setting there is a bow to it when tilting and the GoPro fisheye fix only works to an extent.

May have to part ways with my Disco Pro too...

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
and just so we are clear, every time I post a positive comment about this little bastard it's like punching myself in the nuts.
:eek:

Roto5411

My P3 Professional arrived (sans second battery...still pissed about that) on the 5th. So far, highly impressed with this machine (at least the few times I've been able to fly it due to our weather). I tried initially recording in 4K but my computer can't handle the video. Changed settings to 1080/60. Still big files but at least my comp can handle that! Awesome stabilization, easy to fly, and love the direct USB connection from the controller to my Galaxy 5. No break ups in the video and really like the google earth map feature and how it draws your route on the screen. Right now, just trying to get my confidence level up (one flight per afternoon flight session at a time - apparently until DJI's supply chain catches up!).

Is DJI going to eventually make the P3 compatible with PC Ground Station so it can be flown using waypoints?

Roto

deluge2

My P3 Professional arrived (sans second battery...still pissed about that) on the 5th. So far, highly impressed with this machine (at least the few times I've been able to fly it due to our weather). I tried initially recording in 4K but my computer can't handle the video. Changed settings to 1080/60. Still big files but at least my comp can handle that! Awesome stabilization, easy to fly, and love the direct USB connection from the controller to my Galaxy 5. No break ups in the video and really like the google earth map feature and how it draws your route on the screen. Right now, just trying to get my confidence level up (one flight per afternoon flight session at a time - apparently until DJI's supply chain catches up!).

Is DJI going to eventually make the P3 compatible with PC Ground Station so it can be flown using waypoints?

Roto

Second batteries are beginning to ship now. Just returned home to find my free 2nd battery from RCDepotHobbies in my mailbox. Charging it now and then will check to see whether firmware update is required.

Steve

Roto5411

Great news, thanks. One battery is really crimping my style!

Quick question again: will the P3 allow you to enter and fly waypoints? I had a sub-menu screen inadvertently pop up yesterday that suggested it might be possible. I pushed the wrong key and the screen disappeared.

deluge2

Great news, thanks. One battery is really crimping my style!

Quick question again: will the P3 allow you to enter and fly waypoints? I had a sub-menu screen inadvertently pop up yesterday that suggested it might be possible. I pushed the wrong key and the screen disappeared.

At the moment, no. In the future, yes.

Initially, DJI's position was that 3rd parties would be responsible for providing waypoint, POI, and other more specialized/advanced flight capabilities via the P3 SDK. This was not greeted enthusiastically by future, and later current, P3 owners. Subsequently, both DJI mgt and DJI online support rep comments indicate that DJI has changed their mind(s) on this and work is underway to provide these capabilities via the DJI Pilot App. Timeline is unclear, initial comments were 3 to 5 mos but more recently a few weeks to a couple months. 3rd parties are indeed working on some of this. There are posts regarding waypoints and even cable cam type controls via the SDK (so far looks like Android dev is ahead of iOS platforms), but most of us are hoping for DJI-based solutions since they are likely to be better integrated and supported.

Steve

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
THIS IS REALLY PISSING ME OFF.
ALL SITES SAY THIS:
View attachment 24902

How do you release a rig and have no additional batteries available.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-31 at 3.41.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-31 at 3.41.41 PM.png
    92.4 KB · Views: 431

Roto5411

Steve,
Thank you for an excellent response to my question about waypoints. Most of us ARE NOT programmers, so not sure why they would think this was a good idea to begin with.

As to the battery issue; at least they charge relatively quickly. Its going to crimp my plans on holiday next month; one flight - rush back to the hotel to charge the battery - back out to fly!!!