Mikrokopter Newbie to Mikrokopter

baja-king

Here for the ride :)
Do you mean will it fly with one motor gone missing?
Absolutely yes.
It's happened to me with my original Cinestar 8 (flat octo config), and many since have reported successful landings after losing a motor, prop or ESC.

Thanks Steve, going to take the red pill and go down the rabbit hole... MK here I come :)

(please be prepared for badgering posts about how to get the thing to work!)

Steve

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I was talking about the Navi control.
But if you're talking about the Flight Ctrl, you're better off with the 2.5 version just in case you want to upgrade to 6S at some point. It has all the latest improvements.

sorry about that! my mistake.

baja-king

Postman turned up today :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 228

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Hercules Power Boards..... interesting..... don't seem to see these in North America..... where can I find them.

I'm thinking of giving MK a go - just for '****s & Giggles' :)

I want to use it with my Herkules III so I'm judging by the manual that I will not need the BL 3.0 speed controllers?

attachment.php

BatCam

RPAS Pilot
Hey Baja,

I've just swapped to MK too and looking at wiring up the herk. Do you have a ribbon cable connecting top + bottom board, and then just the white molex to the FC 2.5? Or do you not need to connect the top + bottom boards with the ribbon cable? (If so.. did you cut the ground wire on it like the diagram?)

Cheers,

Cam

baja-king

Hey Baja,

I've just swapped to MK too and looking at wiring up the herk. Do you have a ribbon cable connecting top + bottom board, and then just the white molex to the FC 2.5? Or do you not need to connect the top + bottom boards with the ribbon cable? (If so.. did you cut the ground wire on it like the diagram?)

Cheers,

Cam

Hi Cam,

AFAIK you have to connect the upper and lower boards with the micromatch cable and then just connect either board via the I2C lead to the MK FC. I don't think it is necessary to cut the ground if it is already grounded by the power wires (like the negative earth on a car). I will shoot Andreas an email just to check. Did you go for a new MK 2.5? :)

baja-king

Reply from Andreas:

"Hi Steve,
1) Connect with 5-pin molex cable from FC to Herkules top Molex (white connector)
2) Use flat ribbon cable (8-pin) between top micromatch (red) and bottom micromatch (red)
That’s all.
You can remove in the flat ribbon cable (2) all pins (3-8) and use only I2C_SCL and I2C_SDA. But its not a must. Its working with GND also perfect. This only simplifies the wiring effort and the flat cable becomes thinner to be easier routed from top to bottom.

You don’t need GND as the OKTO_XL board is already connected in the center with GND and VBAT.
"

BatCam

RPAS Pilot
Hi Steve,

Yep I talked with Andreas too, he is always so helpful! Cutting the cable makes it much more flexible which is nice.

I'm installing on my SkyJib frame, I think you sold yours, but if you were doing the same, would you put the GPS+GPS Cover above the cage? I assume having the crash cage over the GPS board wouldn't be desirable..

baja-king

Yep I'd put it on top of the crash dome, or you can mount it on the arm as some do.

Hi Steve,

Yep I talked with Andreas too, he is always so helpful! Cutting the cable makes it much more flexible which is nice.

I'm installing on my SkyJib frame, I think you sold yours, but if you were doing the same, would you put the GPS+GPS Cover above the cage? I assume having the crash cage over the GPS board wouldn't be desirable..

ovdt

Hey baja,

My MK FC 2.5 /w Herkules III is flying very smooh when there is no payload. When I add a payload, it started to act weird.

Can you please check this behaviour once you setup it?

baja-king

Hey baja,

My MK FC 2.5 /w Herkules III is flying very smooh when there is no payload. When I add a payload, it started to act weird.

Can you please check this behaviour once you setup it?

Will do, I'm away for a week with work so it will be a while until I can report back.