Need video goggle recommendation!!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
i'm starting to think simple is better but it's not very easy to find useful information about these different options.
bart

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Bart.. tried and tested must be the way forward.. otherwise you become the guinea pig for the rest of us..! Be my guest but I would have thought the FatShark is the simplest and quickest way forward. I am going tomorrow to check a system out that uses them.

dave

CopterCam

I have the MyVu Shades and they work well for LoS. Ken's mod is necessary to prevent the light spillage on the screens. On occasions I have found the screen blank but it was a case of the Camera going into 'standby' mode. The connector to the button module can be problematic as it is a loose fit and can detach if lightly tugged. There is a ''Sunlight' button which helps boost the image in daylight.

All in all I found them OK for the money but one needs to be aware of the the above issues.

Sid

Bartman

I bought the Vuzix Wrap 920 goggles today so we'll see how they work out.
I am going to use the stock cables.

Hi bart,

I'm late but for FPV google , the best quality at a reasonable price are the fatshark and the headplay.
The fatshark are directly usable, there is few lights coming in, the headplay has a beter resolution but more light coming in.

I'm still waiting for the pirateye to sell, my provider is late again ^^

Bartman

Cabling, seems they only like to work with the supplied cables. When I hookup any of the AV cables I use for the Fatsharks they go crazy as soon as the motors spool up, switch back to the cable that came in the box and everything works again. Only thing I can figure is its either an impedance or shielding problem, one of these days I may get over to the local electronics supermarket and pickup some jacks and shielded twisted pair cable to see if I can make a longer cable that will work, for now I either just deal with the short cables or switch to the Fatsharks and use long cables.

Ken

Ken,
Did you have problems with the Myvu glasses at about the same time that you fried a Recom?
Bart

Bartman

Vuzix 920 goggles work well enough but they have to sit up on your nose so it's not really practical to fly line-of-site with them and switching to FPV for the pictures. They seemed great for straight FPV flying but I'm not doing that so they're for sale in the classifieds area.
I'm going to get my Myvu's to work properly which means I need to figure out where I'm getting interference. Reverting to the stock cord is probably a good place to start.
Bart

CopterCam

Vuzix 920 goggles work well enough but they have to sit up on your nose so it's not really practical to fly line-of-site with them and switching to FPV for the pictures. They seemed great for straight FPV flying but I'm not doing that so they're for sale in the classifieds area.
I'm going to get my Myvu's to work properly which means I need to figure out where I'm getting interference. Reverting to the stock cord is probably a good place to start.
Bart

Bart,

Had my MyVu's out last evening and they work great for LoS and a framing glance. Using a 900mhz, 200 mw and the stock antennae from RangeVideo. Notice some picture deterioration at about 200yds, I am sure a Patch Antenna would improve matters for me. Never had any interference issues with the stock cables ?

Sid