Naza rth + gps

robnorton

Hi,

I have nearly 10flights on my new F550, everything works as expected, except for the autoland function - the F550 bounces about 3 times before it finally comes to a stop - can someone point me in the right direction of what to look at to fix it?

Thanks,
RN

DesJardins

Just make sure your X, Y & Z #'s are good.
Mine has had a few bounces or corrections before landing as well

Maybe make sure it's got a 10second home lock before lifting off?
Not really sure

robnorton

Cool - thank you. I'll do some more measuring and give it a try :)

One last thing - how can I set the "Home" point before takeoff?

DesJardins

It will automatically learn where "home" is after grabbing 6 sat signals or 1 or none (I wait until none) red blinking lights for over 6-8 seconds before taking off.

When you give throttle it locks home there.

With the new firmware you can set a different manual home function but I haven't looked at it

Zen Mitt

I always power up my Naza at the "home point" in GPS mode, then wait until all the Red flashes have stopped and I see the LED pulse 4 Green flashes back to back in less than 2 seconds, this is when I know the home point is locked and the Naza is ready to go!

robnorton

Ok - So I found in the manual that if you switch between Course and Home lock 3-5 times on the IOC switch it will re-record the home position.

DennyR

I always power up my Naza at the "home point" in GPS mode, then wait until all the Red flashes have stopped and I see the LED pulse 4 Green flashes back to back in less than 2 seconds, this is when I know the home point is locked and the Naza is ready to go!
It is important not to move the model for about 5 sec. after switching it on. I find using a switch makes this much easier.

kloner

Aerial DP
also, make sure you got the + vs - set proper. the explanation is vague, but if its back from the naza, that's - and if its above naza, thats a - digit with - in front of it

DesJardins

Yup

751d9f47.jpg

kloner

Aerial DP
mine are always centered so didn't mention that, but then if gps is left of the naza, mark it - as well. That confused me for a while