NAZA/GPS Vs WKM

Bowley

Apart from the WKM being expandable, what justifies the WKM being more than double the cost of Naza/GPS?
Is the WKM a tad wobbly like the Naza?
Any advice experiences and opinions would be well received.

Cheers

Steve

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Apart from the WKM being expandable, what justifies the WKM being more than double the cost of Naza/GPS?
Is the WKM a tad wobbly like the Naza?
Any advice experiences and opinions would be well received.

Cheers

Steve

The short answer is the WKM has or will have a lot more features than the Naza, things like multi waypoint flight and circling a POI (point of interest)if you need that sort of thing. The other is that it interfaces with the fancy high dollar DJI camera gimbals which the Naza can't and mostly likely never will.

Is it a tad wobbly? Depends on what it's sitting on. I've had it be very stable on some frames and an absolute bast**d on others, it takes a well balanced combination of everything to get it right and unlike other flight controllers where you can fine tune the parameters, the WKm requires you to fine tune with hardware like prop size/pitch and motor size/kv which can add up quickly if you get it wrong a time or two. That said when it's working well it's probably one of the easiest platforms to fly smoothly for APV work, get the setup wrong and you better have that fancy Zenmoose gimbal to keep the video steady.

I've flown my Cinestar with WKM, MK, and YS-X6, I'm back to the WKM and it will probably stay that way even though I can get it to fly smoother with the MK, it's just a lot less work to fly it with the WKM. Maybe I'm just getting lazy in my old age but I'd rather concentrate on what the view is from the camera platform rather than keeping the altitude exactly the same and the frame flying straight and level, better to let the computer do that while I focus on what the computer can't do, recording decent video.

My $.02...

Ken

I find the flight performance of Wkm and Naza to be similar. The Wkm has more features and the Naza is easier to setup and has more reliable GPS performance.

If you don't need the no so polished extra features of the Wkm save some money and get the Naza.

Also try to stay away from DJI's plastic frames. All of them. The frames twist and flex and multiply the wobble.