Mikrokopter navi & gps boom mounted fix magnetic error 22 in Cinestar 6

daniel

hi

Anybody knows where can i get a really long ribbon cable to conect FC to NAVI on the CS6 boom??

thanks!!

daniel

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
hi

Anybody knows where can i get a really long ribbon cable to conect FC to NAVI on the CS6 boom??

thanks!!

daniel

Easy enough to make one if you can source the connectors locally, any ribbon cable with 10 or more strands will work you can pare it down to 10 and 6 if it has more. A couple 6 and 10 pin cable ends and a small vice and you're ready to make the cables for no more than a couple bucks at most. I make regular trips to the local electronics supermarket and stock up on things like heat shrink, solder supplies, ribbon cable connectors, cable, etc., makes it easy to repair or make new cables as needed without spending a pile of $ to buy a cheap cable and have it shipped, plus you can make it any size and length.

Ken

daniel

thanks for the advice....!

daniel
Easy enough to make one if you can source the connectors locally, any ribbon cable with 10 or more strands will work you can pare it down to 10 and 6 if it has more. A couple 6 and 10 pin cable ends and a small vice and you're ready to make the cables for no more than a couple bucks at most. I make regular trips to the local electronics supermarket and stock up on things like heat shrink, solder supplies, ribbon cable connectors, cable, etc., makes it easy to repair or make new cables as needed without spending a pile of $ to buy a cheap cable and have it shipped, plus you can make it any size and length.

Ken

For most kopter yes, on some of the kopters depending on how you run your wires it can be an issue when drawing high amperage. But generally it seems to be a total fix. I have a feeling the new .88 firmware may help as well.

Dan M

For most kopter yes, on some of the kopters depending on how you run your wires it can be an issue when drawing high amperage. But generally it seems to be a total fix. I have a feeling the new .88 firmware may help as well.

After moving the NC out under the GPS on the nose boom, I ran only one test while still on .86 - climb, move away from the home point, PH, CH. Total success. Upgraded to .88 and ran some waypoint routes. Rock solid. The only mod since was to stack a couple of short standoffs between the NC and GPS to make cable access easier. (two short standoffs stacked was a better fit than a single longer one. Drawing a blank on the sizes now, but it'll be different for everyone.

Neil4rc

AD6 heavy user
Unfortunately quadrocopter.com couldn't help with my Droidworx Hexacopter, I'm guessing the booms must be narrower or something.
I may try a pipe or hose clip and see if I can make that work

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Unfortunately quadrocopter.com couldn't help with my Droidworx Hexacopter, I'm guessing the booms must be narrower or something.
I may try a pipe or hose clip and see if I can make that work

Aye Up Neil.. what up with yours or have I missed a post

Dave

Neil4rc

AD6 heavy user
Hi Dave
I'm not really in the right thread but the magnet error 22 is applicable.
I'm getting an error within minutes of take off and at times the copter will make large circuits (I'm guessing looking for a coordinate).
I'd like to try relocating the gps but haven't found a ready made solution for the hexacopter.
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
Neil

Finally got around to moving the NC out onto the boom along with the GPS and testing it. Prior to that I never had any calibration failures or magnet errors but there was some magnetic disturbance that effected the compass in flight. That's gone with the new placement. I re-enabled CE and no more uncommanded subtle yaw issues. Looking at the GPX data from a few test flights the inclination difference was never more than 4°. A few of the flights were 0. All the numbers looked good.

Neil4rc

AD6 heavy user
I thought I'd try raising the GPS and the first test flight was positive with no magnet 22 error. I will attach my camera and try again tomorrow to see if it's still made the difference. Fingers crossed.View attachment 4548

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338834173.416873.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338834173.416873.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 381

Neil4rc

AD6 heavy user
I've had 2 further flights and no errors yet. I may try lowering it a little as currently I can't fit the canopy.

JLO

Hi Casey and every one else, I have a Q some what related, what about the button battery on the GPS Antenna MK states that it should be charged at 3.0v mine is at 1.2 I am attempting to recharge it with the USB cable connected from my PC to the Navi board is this right, if its low how will this affect the Sat lock?
thanks