Nab 2013****

modles

Nerdlinger
yeah they fail to mention how the Movi gets rid of lateral up and down movement, surely one of the biggest effects of hand held!?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Bart are you and Shawn saying that HFP doesnt "talk to satellites" very well :) i liked how easily the words came out of her mouth - "you can fly it far enough to barely see it, then turn your radio off" - im scared.

No, that's not what I'm saying at all. The HF GPS works very well but the features it includes are limited to position hold and return-to-home. MK's waypoints include programmable camera and loiter functions, Arducopter does waypoints at a very affordable price (don't know how well just yet), and the NAZA has a programmable failsafe function that is a very nice-to-have feature. I still think the Hoverfly board flies the best of anything out there so it remains my first choice but as everyone catches up to HF's flying qualities, features will distinguish best bang for the buck.

Bart

llbr22

Seen at the Red booth.

Sent from my HTC One X

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365605071355.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365605071355.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 372

hjls3

yeah sorry Bart I get it. I was just poking a bit of fun at the DJI video with the future Ms Gunn.

No, that's not what I'm saying at all. The HF GPS works very well but the features it includes are limited to position hold and return-to-home. MK's waypoints include programmable camera and loiter functions, Arducopter does waypoints at a very affordable price (don't know how well just yet), and the NAZA has a programmable failsafe function that is a very nice-to-have feature. I still think the Hoverfly board flies the best of anything out there so it remains my first choice but as everyone catches up to HF's flying qualities, features will distinguish best bang for the buck.

Bart

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
"Christie Woods is a former Miss Teen USA winner and one half of a team (with boyfriend Colin Guinn) that came 2nd in the fifth season of The Amazing Race. Christie is the 1996 Miss Teen USA winner, the first and only one from Texas. However, she considers her biggest accomplishment in life to be working to pay her entire way through college and graduating with honours"

Couplestarcolinchristie.jpg

WOW! From reality TV star to CEO of DJI USA, what more could one want in life... :highly_amused:

Ken

Electro 2

Only mostly joking. By the time DJI sticks these things on the shelf of every possible convenience store, the issues at hand will only get worse and the competition more and more competitive............. "if you think it is expensive to hire a pro, wait until you hire an amateur." Hopefully I am wrong about all this. I guess I would be happy to just be able to fly at all within 50 miles of my place without getting a ticket again.

Sorry if I diverted the thread. Dont mean to hijack.

*This*, is a very accurate assesment of the situation at present. Well put, too. An aside, also O/T, were you actually cited for flying at some point ???

Razzil

Soooo ... whats all the news about the DJI Zenmuse GoPro gimbal?
All I've seen so far is women in tight jeans and bright lights ... :tennis:

Soooo ... whats all the news about the DJI Zenmuse GoPro gimbal?
All I've seen so far is women in tight jeans and bright lights ... :tennis:

Designed as an add-on for the Phantom. They're claiming stabilization capability close to what the zenmuse has on 2 axis. Apparently the included Phantom TX has a hidden channel on the back of it which will allow pilots to control tilt. Sub $1,000 is promised. Ships in 30-60 days says the man with the toothy grin.

tstrike

pendejo grande
So I'm loading my vids to utube and head out to get a burger, come back and my puter's shut off. Power supply crapped out, battery power kicks on and drains before everything is uploaded. My cheap azz win machine is dead, none of the video got uploaded, it's all on my hd, now I've got to take the hd out and take it to the shop and get the stuff off.
My impressions of NAB beyond what I already said, nothing great, no real info on prices nor delivery. In fact, the woman I was talking to about the movi said they don't know when delivery will be because demand is so high...WTF??? I asked her how can demand be so high if it's not out in the wild yet? Long pause..."that's just how it is".

The rig that was displayed at the red booth is from a small company called Black Armored Drones out of Sweden. Nice young man, all custom cf frame and gimbal. Setup for a 2 man op and they're looking at 50K out the door ready to work. Gimbal is servo based.

Photo Higher has some new frames but again, no delivery, no prices. They did have a sweet little quad for gopro running tiny little tiger motors and it's designed to run naza but again, no price, no dates.

Dji was an interesting booth what with a 2 story office with a ping pong lounge, if you let them scan your badge you got a pingpong ball and got to challenge one of the what seemed like 20 reps to a game a ping pong for a chance to win a f330. They've got a new flight controller for the 800 along with their own fpv camera for the phantom. The odd thing was none of the normal chinese guys were out in the open preferring to let all the American guys do the sales pitch, but they were there in the background listening over shoulders-kinda creepy to be honest.

The Freefly Synapse controller wasn't shown in the actual production casing for whatever reason but it will scale all the way from a super tiny fpv quad all the way up to the cs8. One of the features that didn't make much sense but they seemed excited about was one pilot being able to fly it out or up over a building then have another pilot on another tx be able to take over control. I say it doesn't make much sense since it seems los is going to be one of the rules if we ever get regulations. They're hoping for 3rd qtr delivery.

Had a nice 20 minute talk with Jeff Scholl while he was inside flying one of the fpv mini quads, that was cool, he was a very nice man just willing to shoot the sh#t with me unlike most of the vendors this year.

One thing I realized is that anyone who thinks they're unique because they fly a multi is in for a shock at how many people are into these. Hell, I must have seen 5 guys just backpacking their chopper's around the halls with an assistant following behind with a rolling peli case, must've thought they'd break'm out and get some quick ariels for whatever reason. If there's still a price premium on ariel footage by next year I for one will be surprised.

Razzil

tstrike, you need a usb to sata adapter or dock, plug your drive into your laptop or other pc and haul your pics/video off.

tstrike

pendejo grande
Yeah, I'm heading over to my wife's shop and let their red tech help me out. It's happened before on another one I had, I'll get my vids loaded before any new products hit the street I guarantee!

RobertsUp

Time to throw all the crap away....and buy the new crap
Chris

Good Lord. Dji has run amok.

Anyway my final tools arrived today. I'm committed to the build I chose to be my first. My final resolve is to keep quiet and stay off of forums until it's all done and flown. Took six weeks to collect all the components from a dozen sources. The Dji Assistant was downloaded and registered. It's there. I opened it. Looked at it. It works. Oops. I violated my pledge to stay quiet.

But, ... The NAB convention is waay over my head. I ought not even be in this thread. Apologies.

Tomorrow the soldering starts.

Last edited by a moderator: