DJI Zenmuse Gimbal for GoPro

ZENMUSE GIMBAL FOR GOPRO INTRODUCTION

DJI is going to release Zenmuse Gimbal for GoPro, which includes two models, respectively a 2-axis version and a 3-axis version.
The 2-axis version supports pitch and roll stabilization control.

FEATURES
•All aluminum alloy manufactured;
•Brushless motor direct drive;
•Based on the technology of Zenmuse Camera Types: support GoPro Hero 2 and GoPro hero3, do
not need to purchase any additional accessories;
•Support GoPro Hero 2 remote photos shooting and video shooting control.

OTHER INFORMATION
•Power supply: 3S- 6S
•Accuracy: + / - 0.08 degrees

ESTIMATED TIME TO MARKET
•2-axis version: April 2013
•3-axis version: June 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjC37FtQMmE

Last edited by a moderator:

Zzr

Can it upgrade from 2-axis version to 3-axis version?

ZENMUSE GIMBAL FOR GOPRO INTRODUCTION

DJI is going to release Zenmuse Gimbal for GoPro, which includes two models, respectively a 2-axis version and a 3-axis version.
The 2-axis version supports pitch and roll stabilization control.

FEATURES
•All aluminum alloy manufactured;
•Brushless motor direct drive;
•Based on the technology of Zenmuse Camera Types: support GoPro Hero 2 and GoPro hero3, do
not need to purchase any additional accessories;
•Support GoPro Hero 2 remote photos shooting and video shooting control.

OTHER INFORMATION
•Power supply: 3S- 6S
•Accuracy: + / - 0.08 degrees

ESTIMATED TIME TO MARKET
•2-axis version: April 2013
•3-axis version: June 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjC37FtQMmE

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
That is the problem with the Zenmuse, very expensive and if it is just for a GoPro, probably not worth paying big bucks for something to hold a GoPro.

What would you guys consider to be reasonable??

I think people will buy it unless it's close to the price of the original. If it's in the $1000-$1200 range, and it takes close to the quality of the original, then it would be a good value compared to stepping all the way up to the S800 Package. If people can strap this on their existing F550 and put on an (a GoPro) expensive camera and use their existing radio equipment it would be a great entry level AP device. If it's much more I think you're right they will price themselves out of the market.

olof

Osprey
If it is $500 they will sell a tons of them.

If it is $1000 a half ton.

$2000 a couple pounds.

This is in my estimation for what it is worth...:shame:

VINHEX

I must admit why pay a shed load if money for a gimbal when the camera is £300 if its £400 then possible but anymore and there are more competitors on the market that will fit more than one camera..

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I have been looking around, I certainly would not pay $500 just to hold a GoPro, to me, it is not worth it. I can pay $50 to hold a GoPro, ok it might not be as stable as the zenmuse, but it is not like you're going to do some fantastic shooting with a GoPro anyway is it? Unless you're into the fish eye look.

$250 I might be interested, but I know that price is way too low. So I will give up dreaming for now... lol

I think there are plenty of people that that would be into for shooting action sports. Most of them already have a gopro, and if it could be setup with Naza on a relatively cheap bird I see them flying on the shelves. Or whatever they store **** on in China.

Tahoe Ed

You are missing the point. There are times that a small craft is desirable to a big hex or octo for professional shooting. In those cases, having a gimbal that is capable of Zen like stabilization is optimum. The camera is capable of shooting video that has been used in the past for broadcast. Is it the best, no, but it can be used.

olof

Osprey
I will probably end up with one. I already have the Zenmuse on a S800. I also run a GoProII on a 450 and I have a 550 with a pretty mediocre gimbal for the Nex or GoPro.

I like the idea of a cheaper smaller second rig and although I have several Cameras over $10K I still often use GoPro footage in my productions, just not as the main cams. Aerials tend to be B-roll in my work anyway. It would be great to be able to use some GoPro footage that is as stable as the Zen.

BTW the lens on the new HeroIII is much better than the II and the II is not bad as long as you don't use the widest setting, it is really pretty good at the narrow setting. And if you have too you can get rid of the fisheye distortion in post.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I just don't want to put more into a Gimbal than I have in the equipment lifting it... you know? A lot of us are just getting into all of this, most of us skimp and scrape to get where we are now... lol. It certainly looks like a nice piece of equipment, but I could not justify putting a mortgage payment into a gimbal. Now if I had the money, sure why not..... I just hope they can make it a reasonable price.

olof

Osprey
@deanot...

I am in the fortunate but maybe unfortunate situation this is a hobby, and a part of my business.

I have spent millions on equipment and software over the decades. So a couple K is not that significant in the long run.

What is important is the final product.

And it is a lot of fun...

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
But this is something you most certainly would need, I on the other hand can't justify the expense for something I am just getting into. Maybe one day I can earn from this hobby, but just doing the odd aerial photograph is not going to get me there very fast... lol

And you are certainly right, it is a lot of fun...