N00b - RCT800 GoPro AP Build

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Since we're talking spare parts do you have your charging system? I need to upgrade to a 1KW system because the one I have can't charge large 6S LiPo's fast enough. Hadn't thought of selling it but figured I'd ask just in case you're in need, I'd do you a reasonably deal....a very good system (Alinco DM-330 MV P.S., Hyperion 610i Duo (180W x 2)). The rectangular shapes are two sets of 720Mah 12v gel cells (4 total) which allow charging half a dozen 3S LiPo's in the field. I'll probably keep those for my UPS...too expensive to ship and only about $40 from your local alarm company.

I'm looking for a new charger. This might be over the top though. What are you looking to get for it?

If Sleepy is moving - he certainly is in hell. never again...never again....never again...never again...never again...never again...never again...never again

I'm looking for a new charger. This might be over the top though. What are you looking to get for it?

If Sleepy is moving - he certainly is in hell. never again...never again....never again...never again...never again...never again...never again...never again

Gotta feel for the guy!!!

I was thinking maybe $75 for the charger and $95 for the 30A power supply, $160 for both in as new condition, plus shipping. The hardware has never been handled because they've been housed in the UK 718 case with a dessicant pack from day one. I can throw in the case for another $75 ($160 new) if you want that, but it will come without the original bottom foam set, I will include the fitted one I cut for the units. The 12v gel cells will be not be include, so you will have plenty of room to store you LiPo's etc.

I'll toss in two sets of balancing boards, as well as the Hyperion firmware update cable ($25 at AMain) just to make it more than fair. If the charger had more output power I'd never sell it because it is just great to use, but can't see owning two when I'll only ever use the larger one. And tell you what, I won't charge more than $40 shipping insured to VT, even if it costs me more, which it probably will with the case.

Not to put any pressure on you but just to let you know, now that I've made the decision to sell I'll be posting these on the forums soon........will give you some time to think about it.

Jpdeuce

Yeah, not only that but Sleepy appears to be avoiding me like several girls in high school. Was it something I said?

I heard neil young say he hates digital because you don't have to see the other musicians to make a album anymore,they just do there part and email it.no jamming off each other anymore.
I have a cheap X 600 frame I figure I'll learn on that then build a HL CF frame.
I want to make a pair of squids 4 ea of 14 ga to 12 ga main,my question is can I do long wires from the motor to the esc or do i want long wire from the batt to the esc?
bullet connectors or dean or xt60? or a little of each one better at one point than another.

Jpdeuce

I need to change the thread title to "Sound Engineer Support Thread."

I've looked at a lot of builds and seen a couple discussions on the matter. I have not tested this myself (because I've never built one). My feeling from what I've seen/read is that it doesn't matter that much. At these wire gauges and and at these distances (short), I don't see there being a measureable difference. At work, we will occasionally run DC voltage 100+ feet and we are maxing out the distance sometimes that Cat 5/6 (24ga) will go. But this is way thicker wire at way shorter distance. I just can't see it being a big difference whether the ESC is 12 inches this way or that.

As for connectors, the best connection is soldered everything. However, that makes it difficult to fix (especially at the field). Connectors seem to be personal preference, but if I did bullet connectors I would make sure to heat shrink them as well for a better connection that would be less likely to come apart during flight.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
And Neil young was one of the guys who invested in digital technology early on....careful what you wish for. Wow, this thread (it's about recording, right?) has gotten so off-track that this was the first recording studio reference in weeks! What is this? A MR thread? :)

seriously: always with the shrink wrap. As far as the lengths, there has been a lot of talk lately about it. Many say it just doesn't matter because of load, the firing at different times of the motors, the short distance.... The common thought for those that DO care/worry is shortest between battery and ESC, longer run to the motor (some motors come with long wires).

The he connector thing is like motor oil. Everyone has their favorite. All I know if everyone steered me toward XT-60, which I use, and they are impossible to get apart! I am thinking about moving to the Anderson Poole connectors. Little pricey, but supposed to eliminate that hard pull every time I disconnect a battery.

Jpdeuce

And you're trying to buy the MR from him???

Well, i have some thoughts about this but I'm going to hold off until I hear from Sleepy. I like to think the best of people and I hope his not getting back to me is just a combination of dealing with a move and catching up on things with his site and business. He was doing me a favor anyway and said he wasn't in a big hurry to sell it. Would just like some confirmation about whether he still has it or still wants to part with it. That way I can move forward with my build.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Well, i have some thoughts about this but I'm going to hold off until I hear from Sleepy. I like to think the best of people and I hope his not getting back to me is just a combination of dealing with a move and catching up on things with his site and business. He was doing me a favor anyway and said he wasn't in a big hurry to sell it. Would just like some confirmation about whether he still has it or still wants to part with it. That way I can move forward with my build.

Sleepy has been a righteous dude around here with helping people (myself included) and I have moved in the past year - so I think giving him the slack is the best move...FOR NOW, because we all know how excited you get when you are waiting on a new MR! :)

Did I mention I hate moving.....

Jpdeuce

That's the feeling I got too, which is why I'm trying to be patient. At my current rate though, this will be a project for next winter.

Jpdeuce

Heard from Sleepy. He's still living out of boxes and work has been crazy. He is alive, so that's good news.

And then your wife says...."Don't you dare get on the helicopter forum before you fix my (stove, fridge, shelf, sink, light, iron, hairdryer, door lock, mirror....name anything you like)."

Jpdeuce

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I can be patient. Working on a clubhouse/treehouse thing for the kids. Should be fun for them this spring/summer. I always have some project going on though.

edit - not sure why photo uploaded upside down???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 213

Eugene5077

Hi, Do you still have this Quad for sale?

I had no intension of doing this, but your thread spurred this on and I’m literally packing up my life and moving right now and realize how much STUFF I HAVE! OMG.
I WILL NEVER MOVE AGAIN.. HOLY CRAP!

Anyways, If you want a sick Gorpo quad done right let me know.
(I have 3 GoPro rigs that I barely use as I mainly shoot with my GH3 and 5D)

I have a Tarot 650 Quad with T-motor 35 amp opto esc’s, Tmotor 740KV Pancake motors, DJI Naza V2 W/GPS with a Zenmuse 2 axis gimbal
RTF with a Hitec receiver or I can remove it.

It’s a 4S system that can fly easily for 12 minutes (probably 15) on 6000 mAh of batt.

Total of around 30 minutes of flight time on this system. Just had too many Gh3 sessions and then Ohio weather has sucked.

Frame= $150
Motors $280
ESC’s - $120
Zenmuse- $350
Hitec Optima REC $75
MISC $50
Tmotor Props $116
TOTAL $1141

I’LL SELL FOR $775 + SHIP

PM me if interested!

Top Batt is 3S for gimbal, back batt is 4S for flight.

View attachment 21101