My brushless gimbal result

I am having trouble with my controller board. I updated it to 2.0 and now it won't connect to "COM5". I reinstalled the FTDI driver and tried it several different ways. Nothing works. The controller is still working and I did get it to come up on GUI 1.3 once but now when I run the 1.3 GUI application it just does nothing. I've restarted the puter multiple times and tried all I can think of. Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? Win7 x64. Firmware is still 1.3 on the board, just can't talk to it to change it.

Last edited by a moderator:

I got it worked out. Had to start over with 1.3 on another older laptop running Win7 x32. I upgraded to 2.04 using that laptop and now my x64 laptop is back up and running. I got the gimbal dialed in, now I need to find a nex5n to stick on it.
View attachment 12433

Attachments

• gimbal.jpg
    gimbal.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 229

LouisD

hello everyone, I have just received my ready to go vx5n with board. I am excited, Its like christmas. its excellent to see everyone instantly happy with this gimbal its awesome good job. ill be using my nex5n and 16mm lense.

anyway this is my FIRST experience with a brushless gimbal and the alexmos board. I only found out about the brushless gimbals a month ago as I took a long break from the hobby after wanting to kill myself due to wrestling with photohighers rsgs + gimbals. They took over 1200 pounds of my money and the only thing that would make it worth the money is if I could personally throw it all back at them...... whilst filming it using a 'working' brushless gimbal and board that costs MUCH less.

Sorry it makes me angry :nevreness: ANYWAYS firstly ill be fixing this gimbal to my droidworx ad6HL. has anyone done this or know the best way of doing it? plus the gimbal never came with any dampening accessories so shall i hard mount or what ???

next, what firmware/software do I need and where to get - and whats the best procedure regarding installing firmware/software. I bought the 'ready to go' version. and im using windows 7 32bit

I understand completely about balancing the camera on all axis. though do I hard mount the camera (no dampening) ? - Im guessing its the only way.

Sorry for the 'Noobness' I really just want to do things properly and get to the tuning stage quickly. I really appreciate the help! cheers guys.

Cameraj

I would like to know how to tune the got heli rc nex gimbal, wow I have never spent more time trying to get this gimbal to work, Vu,
has tried to help me, I just can't get it to work, now the gimbal thinks down is up and up is down it vibrates and shows errors,
any ideas?
thanks

rocjock

I would like to know how to tune the got heli rc nex gimbal, wow I have never spent more time trying to get this gimbal to work, Vu,
has tried to help me, I just can't get it to work, now the gimbal thinks down is up and up is down it vibrates and shows errors,
any ideas?
thanks

Upload a picture showing where your IMU is mounted... Then tell us what you have for your IMU axis settings.

Some things to try... Remount the IMU on the bottom crossbar. Wire sticking out left when viewed from front of copter. Now start from scratch. Flash the board with 2.0 if your not currently using it. A must because your new IMU axis settings have to be changed to TOP = -z and Right = -X which requires 2.0.

Start from scratch in the GUI.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cameraj

Roll p 14 I .20 D 13. Roll power 190
pitch 9 .20 10 Pitch power 95
thanks for your help,
it now has no errors but when pushed on the roll it comes back and vibrates

rocjock

cool. hopefully an easy fix. what lens are you using? i think even with a heavier kit lens you should start by bringing the power down... try values between 150-170. that will decrease the imu sensitivity. if it still vibrates when it returns try bringing the D gain down a bit.

Cameraj

cool. hopefully an easy fix. what lens are you using? i think even with a heavier kit lens you should start by bringing the power down... try values between 150-170. that will decrease the imu sensitivity. if it still vibrates when it returns try bringing the D gain down a bit.

Thanks I will give that a try, im using the 18-55mm lens, I cant seem to get the 16mm to work, what would you try for the gains for the 16mm? Would you change both power settings for pitch and roll? Thanks again

BatCam

RPAS Pilot
Heads up for those awaiting the Alex Mos v3 boards, my order was just marked for shipping, indicating they are officially released! I purchased from ARMBGC

reddinos

i am selling my brand new, GotHeliRC VX5N Brushless Gimbal for Sony Nex5 RTF purchased a month ago or so for US$625.00, selling it for $500 or best offer. gimbal looks, and works amazing... is just too heavy for the little quad i wanted to use it on. thanks

Cameraj

i am selling my brand new, GotHeliRC VX5N Brushless Gimbal for Sony Nex5 RTF purchased a month ago or so for US$625.00, selling it for $500 or best offer. gimbal looks, and works amazing... is just too heavy for the little quad i wanted to use it on. thanks

I have the same gimbal,
I was wondering what ,p i d setting you found if you don't mind that works best?
i would like to get one more for my other copter if I can get this one to work :)
thanks,

reddinos

to be honest, i dont know how! haha i received the gimbal all setup from gothelirc a month ago, and i have literally plugged it 4 times to show people. never even mounted it on a kopter. sorry :eek:

daniel

Anyone knows how to tilt the camera using a wookong M controler?
can i connect and where in the Alexmoss board?

or if i use a receiver for it?

thanks for the help!

daniel

daniel

HI GOTHELIRC :

i just got mine from your store, is amazing camera mount, very stable when flying low....

But there is something very weird going on,....

Im flying my nex5n with 16mm and the hood, and i will get the hood out just in case like you mention.

the problem is that i cant go higher than 30 feet, the gimbal sarts to go crazy in all directions and i have to land the copter.
i did like 11 test flights,
first, i hover between 3-20 feet, moving left to right for 8 minutes and the gimbal was solid.
second, i went up slowly, and as soon i get around 10 meters/30 feet, the camera goes crazy!!
i changed battery pack, start motor again and went up, and as soon i got at 30 feet camera went crazy....

now, there is absolut NO wind today, .... im using a Cinestar Hexacopter, very satable and smooth, .....no vibrations, cause ive been testing it a lot!! flying fast and crazy at low altitude and fotage is amazing!

What is going on ??? have no idea...

just in case, the weather here is cold and humid 60 degrees F.
i bought the camera in U.S. and i bring it to Peru, south america...
the Compass in GUI 2.0 is wrong, is says is north when gimbal is looking south....

Dont know what to do here,..... and i would like to fly higher than 30 feet...

Any advice please??

do i need to calibrate gimbal/board? and is there a Link to do it

Thanks very much

daniel

rwskier

Multi Rotor Video
Danial,

I was experiencing the same problems right after I had installed some heavy lift motors. These motors had some extra long power wires which I had looped along the booms. this was enough to create some interference with the control board to the gimbal. Strange things started to happen when it would get to about 30 feet. After discussing with GotHeli RC he suggested I move some things around. I only moved the power wires and it was enough to resolve the problem. It has been working flawlessly ever since.

Good Luck

daniel

Danial,

I was experiencing the same problems right after I had installed some heavy lift motors. These motors had some extra long power wires which I had looped along the booms. this was enough to create some interference with the control board to the gimbal. Strange things started to happen when it would get to about 30 feet. After discussing with GotHeli RC he suggested I move some things around. I only moved the power wires and it was enough to resolve the problem. It has been working flawlessly ever since.

Good Luck

Hi,

thanks a lot for telling me this, it helps a lot.
i do have some heavy lift motors tmotor 4012 330kv and they
Have Long wires, but they are inside The booms but a little mesy
when they get to The center.....
Can i ask what you did with The motor wires?

weird that also around 30 feet you have The same problem i had

Thanks a lot