Multi-Impossible, Mōvi_M5/MK Build and Review

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I have had wood props that were balanced PERFECTLY. On Sat footage was great. Sunday got into some REAL August Humidity and the helicopter was shaking so badly footage was unusable. Props touched nothing. Changed to Carbon = glass.

I do not trust them!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
sorry dude but you're doing something wrong then. if you sand them to balance them then you have to seal them up again. that's why i don't sand them to get them balanced, i use blasts of spray paint for weight and that gets them perfect.
i sometimes check them for balance after they've been on there a while and don't generally find much wrong with them unless they've been dinged.

carbon fiber is good too but there's nothing wrong with wood if it's done right.

Bartman

i need to ask the supplier if they are interested in selling more of the clamps. the second time i ordered a bunch of them i got a call from their engineering director asking what i was using them for! they're not a heli supply place so they we curious why i was buying them thirty or forty at a time.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
sorry dude but you're doing something wrong then. if you sand them to balance them then you have to seal them up again. that's why i don't sand them to get them balanced, i use blasts of spray paint for weight and that gets them perfect.
i sometimes check them for balance after they've been on there a while and don't generally find much wrong with them unless they've been dinged.

carbon fiber is good too but there's nothing wrong with wood if it's done right.

I'll bet you no matter how you seal them wood props will not stand up to mid summer humidity. Vib meter. I bet at least a 10% increase in vibes during July/August in Ohio compared to Carbon or composite folding props. BET?

hjls3

sorry to get away from original post a bit - bart lovely bird BTW - but @SleepyC i wonder if the severe cold that i sometimes fly in would not benefit from wood - truth be told - i haven't really seen an issue with t-motor CF in the cold, just something too think about - that said, i have seen icing on the CF prop - wonder if wood would be less prone too the probs that can occur in the cold.

Bartman

I'll bet you no matter how you seal them wood props will not stand up to mid summer humidity. Vib meter. I bet at least a 10% increase in vibes during July/August in Ohio compared to Carbon or composite folding props. BET?
sorry dude, you're wrong
sealed wood is just that, sealed.

Dylan M

Which Switch...
i need to ask the supplier if they are interested in selling more of the clamps. the second time i ordered a bunch of them i got a call from their engineering director asking what i was using them for! they're not a heli supply place so they we curious why i was buying them thirty or forty at a time.

If you told him what you were using them for what was his reaction...? It could definitely be beneficial for them if they caught on.