Aeronavics / Droidworx Moving from the darkside....

hazardpro

Hi all.

we currently run a fully loaded S800 (you may be aware of the current issues they are facing with vibration).

As such we are investigating other frames and have been looking at the SkyJib8

We would intend to run it with our Zenmuse and Wookong M

Can anyone give me any feedback on the SkyJib8?

Does it come with its own set of issues / flaws?

also can anyone confirm what the rig weighs?

Thanks

Doug

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
there not arf or rtf kits so how they run is on how good you are building it out........ when you build it right there a dream to own and fly but man, talk about bigger. a jib is 47" outside motor mount to outside motor mount. The quick release landing gear are awesome, so easy to transport these compared to a cinestar of the same caliber.

i.php

the 800 size is a nice one. if you have to go fast you can easily, transportable, goes through doorways better. Theres a zillion reasons to own both

SMP

Ditto. Ridiculously easy and dream to fly, rock solid stable even in heavy wind. They are BIG. No way to quickly fold down, we transport ours on the roof rack. Quick release gimbal is sooo nice. Way more copter than you need however if you're mostly flying a 5D.

Lanzar

Hi all.

we currently run a fully loaded S800 (you may be aware of the current issues they are facing with vibration).

As such we are investigating other frames and have been looking at the SkyJib8

We would intend to run it with our Zenmuse and Wookong M

Can anyone give me any feedback on the SkyJib8?

Does it come with its own set of issues / flaws?

also can anyone confirm what the rig weighs?

Thanks

Doug

For Z15 gimball the better choice is XMr series over skyjib. Skyjib is more for big payload but can be a good paltform for future. Both frames cinestar and skyjib are realy good. So if you want my advice go for one off them.
Later on you will buy all the adapters for different gimbals iff needed. Also get bigger motors so you will have more payload for future.

hazardpro

Out of interest what do they weight because we are limited to 7kg total in the UK so little point being able to lift 20kg :)

Lanzar

I know that XMR x8 with 2x 6s 5000 mah and z15 gh3 modifed gimball is under 7kg. With 8x kw9 motors and carbon propelers with retractables from skyjib.
I could weight the skyjib frame but the difference is not more than 200g if you ask me.
Cinestar 6 with kw8 and cinestar 360 gimball and sony cx730 with 2 x 6s 5800 mah is also under 7kg.
cinestar 8 would be over with 2 batteries. Skyjib 8 would also be more than 7kg with 2 bateries.

hazardpro

Hi Lanzar

Thanks! Sounds like XMR x 8 may be the way to go then.

What flight times are you seeing with that setup? "XMR x8 with 2x 6s 5000 mah and z15 gh3 modifed gimball"

Thanks

Doug

Lanzar

Well i just tested and with fully loaded xmr x8 with 2x 6s 5800mah we did 13 min and with 2x 6s 10000mah was 17 min. But the 2x 10000 are too heavy. Also we used Gensace which are not light batteries.
Hope this helps you. But our model was more than 7kg total.

Our hely is 6653g and 2x bateries were 1670g. I think single battery would be perfect here. Like 1x 8300 mah. The thing is that we have skyjib retractables on it with nviev and all. You need to strip some stuff off to get the 500g off it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Out of interest what do they weight because we are limited to 7kg total in the UK so little point being able to lift 20kg :)

Not sure where you got that from. Its up to 20kg with out having to step up to the full BNUC qualification with airframe certification.

Dave

PS

Good advice from Lanzar. You could even fly the Zen under a VM with the XM upgrade landing gear and retracts and still stay well under 7KG.

swisser

I guess the 7kg is irrelevant then if you are saying its 20kg

There is a reason to keep under 7Kg, though whether it's relevant to you depends where you want to fly. Once you exceed 7Kg you need permission from the controlling air traffic control unit if you're within controlled airspace (i.e class A, C, D or E) or within an aerodrome traffic zone. In reality you'd probably at least get in touch with the aerodrome if doing the latter, but there are some fairly large chunks of the UK which have controlled airspace down to the ground. Under 7Kg there is no such requirement.

p.s. try a flexacopter or a kratos - they are beautifully made and take apart very rapidly for transportation.

dazzab

Don't forget about the SkyJib Lite option as well. It's larger than the XM series but in coax configuration much smaller than the full 8. It has the components to lift a bit more weight than the XM. I just built the SkyJib Lite X4 coax and with two 800maH batteries it weighs in at 5.8Kg. I'm planning on flying it with a full frame DSLR if all goes well. With gimbal it's a heavy payload. But that's the payload it was built for as recommended by the factory.