More bad news, Droider's shop fire

Lanzar

Realy sad to hear this and makes me wonder what was the start off fire. So we do all the precautions in our store so this does not happen.

Wish you all the best with insurance and all.

Langdale

Really sorry to hear about this Dave, I enjoyed the recent meeting at your place. I suppose we always think something like this will not happen to us, until it does.

You've helped lots of people on here, so now it's our turn. Any help, just shout... and keep your pecker up (that's not what it sounds like to our US cousins by the way)

Hope you get flying again soon.
Peter

ATFlyer

Really sorry to hear this awful news.
i'm just over the Pennines in S Yorkshire - not far from you & if there's any help I can offer just shout.

Ade

DennyR

Bad luck Dave, with all of this cold weather we often leave fires on and get forgetful with soldering irons and battery chargers etc. whatever caused your fire only serves as a reminder to us all that we cant be too careful in our workshops. There but for the grace of God go all of us.

jffry7

aka TruckBasher
Dave, sorry to hear and hope to see you back on your feet. Makes me rethink hope I keep all my RC stuff. Every cloud has a silver lining. Hang in there.

Kilby

Thank god Dave's injuries were not any worse. So sorry to hear this, and I hope you get back on your feet asap.

I'm now going out to buy a fire extinguisher and more lipo storage for my workshop.

Gosh Dave I wish you well. I have only been on this forum 5 minutes and you were very kind to pass an invite to see your new Skyjib Lite X4. It may have been a hollow offer so many people make, but I don't think so. The words above and the concerns expressed by others makes me feel like this is a good place to be. As the son of a fireman I have this frequent concern. The things I was taught age 10 I still do now! There are so many simple precautions everyone should make. I suppose it is ingrained god bless my Dad. Take care all and best to Dave and family.

ZAxis

I'm saying it was obviously the Flamewheel that was at fault here!
Too soon?
I think Dave knows me well enough to know it's very tongue in cheek.
Lec

mbsteed

aerial video centric
I have been following Droider since his early quad days (I think we both started out with Guai 330X if my memory serves me) and he was always a couple of steps ahead of me - he has seen plenty of set backs so I am sure he will be back but the moment of trial can be frustrating and discouraging. Wish you well Droider.

cruiser

Am really sorry to hear this Droider. Prayers for your speedy recovery from Singapore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

WillM

That's terrible. :( Sorry to hear about it Droider. Here's hoping for a complete and speedy recovery, and to the build logs and videos of the new adventures you'll surely build over the next 30+ years. :)

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
Deeply saddened to hear what's happened.
I have been to Daves place, and his home and workshop are immaculate like his builds.
I know Dave has invested an awful lot of time and money to get to where he was last week, and he had just got to the stage where he was really happy with his different setups.
Now the poor fellas lost nearly everything, right down to all those bits and bobs that you accumulate over time, not to mention his fantastic multi rotor collection.
I texted Dave earlier and he sounds absolutely gutted.

He asked me to convey his feelings and appreciation of the support from you guys.

Hopefully he'll bounce back, and feel up to posting again soon.

Here a copy of Daves texted reply.

Aye up Adrian. Yeh I am ok but feeling like I have had part of my soul ripped out and my right arm chopped off. I now don't even own a screwdriver! You have been in my workshop so you have a idea of what I have lost.
However have been REALLY humbled by the offers if help from all over the world.

I have not replied to all the messages I have had in the forum yet but It's not been easy for me. I would really appreciate it if you could convey my appreciation of all the members offers and may be in the next couple of days I will feel upto doing it myself.

Thanks again for the message
Dave

JB.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
A huge thank you

Aye Up.. I am sort of back

I just wanted to jump on for a bit just to say a BIG THANK YOU to everyone who has sent me PM's, emails, texts, FB messages.

I cannot quite comprehend what has happened still and the inventory list for the insurance is frightening.

My hand is healing nicely with my thumb almost ready for action, well thats if I had anything to fly!

Her indoors has been mithering me since before christmas to find somewhere in my Workshop for the new SJLX4 and ADX3HL.. They have been living in my dinning room on a projector stand surrounded by her art, so my argument is on the walls is your art on the stand is mine.. I am so releved I dug my heels in and thats been their home since before Christmas. SO THEY survived, BUT everything else including my treasured QQ special edition DX18 and most importantly my Pint Brown tea mug (20odd yeras old at least) is floating in the atmosphere or in the pile of carbon that is all that is left of my 30 odd year collection of tools bikes copters etc, etc.

As a few people have said the Phoenix will rise again, well maybe, it just seems a really long road ahead at present.

Again thank you for all your messages of support, offers of help and all the well wishes.

The comments in this thread bring a tear to my eye..

I feel well and truly Humbled.

Dave

PS. Off to try and answer all the PM's in my inbox.