MK FPV Heavy-lift X8 using standard ESC's and Futaba TX/RX

Stacky

Shawn,
how is the MK build going?. I have a friend in Australia currently into his 3rd week of trying to get his MK set up and flying. He is having an absolute dog of a time. Im still trying to work out if the hassle and frustration I keep seeing everywhere is worth it.

crcr

Im still trying to work out if the hassle and frustration I keep seeing everywhere is worth it.

I think the same thing, I have been trying for about 2 months to get it set up properly. You get it pretty close on a no wind day then when there is a bit of wind it seems like everything need tweaking again. I had it set up the other day and I was very happy then went out today in the same sort of conditions and it was flying completely different, felt like a different machine.

Stacky

I want to buy one at some point but will probably wait a little longer till my rc knowledge improves. All the footage I see from MK systems looks great so I have no doubt at what they are capable of, trouble is I really have little interest in messing around with a long time frame for the tuning. I think once my rc knowledge improves it wont be such a long learning curve on MK

I think the same thing, I have been trying for about 2 months to get it set up properly. You get it pretty close on a no wind day then when there is a bit of wind it seems like everything need tweaking again. I had it set up the other day and I was very happy then went out today in the same sort of conditions and it was flying completely different, felt like a different machine.

Mactadpole

Allright everyone, its been quit some time but I have finally succeeded! :D
Many of you know of my ongoing troubles with getting the X8 to fly how I want and now it does!

I am now using full MK hardware for electronics with default settings and just had the three best flights with no visible ticks, twitches, or wobbles under full weight at ~4.6kg now (added ~700g of fishing weights to simulate GH2 camera weight). I am just floored at how well it flies. Now I have to put everything else back together on it.

I will post more details later.

Just learned another lesson the hard way (actually have learned this one many times over)- if you want perfection spend the money on the best available!

VERY HAPPY MK FLIER! Shawn

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Great Stuff Shawn.. Are you going to post some pictures?

Just learned another lesson the hard way (actually have learned this one many times over)- if you want perfection spend the money on the best available!

Here Here... me to..

Dave