Mixed up control sticks

MrBill

I'm just finishing building my first quadcopter, a mini 250. The flight controller is a Naze 32 Acro, receiver is FrSky D4R-II, and transmitter a Taranis X9D plus. I'm configuring the Naze with Baseflight, but when I'm in the Receiver section, the control sticks are moving the wrong bars. When I move the throttle, the Roll graph moves. When I move the Pitch stick, the Throttle graph moves. When I move the Roll stick, the Pitch graph moves. The only one that is correct is Yaw.

MrBill

Forgot to mention I'm using PPM for communication between the receiver and flight controller. Anybody?

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
You need to make sure you assign the channels within the radio. I find it easier to do it in the computer program.

I'm not sure how the naze needs to be setup (AETR etc), but you will need to map the channels correct for how the Naze wants to see them.

MrBill

Found a partial fix. In the base flight configurator Receiver panel, I had set the channel map to default (AETR1234). Changing it to JR/Spektrum (TAER1234) solved the issue with the control sticks. Now, the problem is that I don't see any reaction in the receiver panel to the Aux switches 1,2,3, and 4.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Nice work!

I think the simplest way is to hook the radio to the computer and do you assignments in there. You can assign both sticks and switches/pots to whatever channels you wish. If you have not assigned the switches - they will not be relaying any info.

It's possible to do it in the radio itself, but it's a bit more tedious.

Also, are you sure the receiver you have does more than 4 channels? I know there was one with a similar name that only had 4.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Yes. I am still using the older version Taranis - so the program is different. The old one is called Companion9X

MrBill

Thanks for your help Motopreserve. I've downloaded the Companion app. Now I have to learn how to use it.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Of course! That's what we're here for :)

It's not a tough program. And using the computer to change settings is SO much easier! Just make sure you "write to" the radio when you've made changes. Check it on the radio after you dismount it from the computer.