Mikrokopter Mikrokopter Octo motors won't start

Walky000

Guys and Girls, I am hoping someone can shed some light as I am at my wits end with this thing.

I have a Mk Octo (Y-arm version) that has FC2.1 and Navi 1.1. I got it RTF as a training ship before I start flying my SJ8 around. It was flying fine when I got it. I flew it into a tree, got it down and before packing it away, I tested it and it was all fine.

I broke the landing gear in the tree mishap, and since changed that out. I unplugged the receiver, checked the wiring and it was all fine so plugged it back in.

Now several weeks later, I come to fly it again and the motors won't start. I couldn't get it to accept commands for calibrations etc and finally found that the receiver setting in MK tools was for a jetti, when I have a Hitec. I then had it accepting stick inputs to do the calibrations etc, but still no motor start.

I updated all the software to the latest releases, and still no motor start. The input from the stick is working as I can see in Koptertool the changes to the levels from my stick inputs, and all the channels are assigned correctly.
I have set in koptertool to;
1) ignore magnet error on start
2) ignore no GPS lock on start
and some other setting that prevents a motor start (can't remember what it is) so that there should be nothing locking it out.

In Koptertool, I can start each motor individually and all together via the software no problem at all.
All the LED's are Green on BL-CTRL, FC, Navi, MKGPS etc, no reds anywhere.

I tried the new start procedure, both sticks down and right, no avail.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm going to put a hammer through it soon!!

Walky000

Just a further follow up, I have checked the range for each channel, and they are all going from 0-254, which I have read is important for the throttle channel, as someone else wrote that if the gas is >0 with the stick fully down and to the right in an attempt to start motors, it won't start.

I will never ever consider MK for my Skyjib....this thing is painful!

Quad_Addict

Just a further follow up, I have checked the range for each channel, and they are all going from 0-254, which I have read is important for the throttle channel, as someone else wrote that if the gas is >0 with the stick fully down and to the right in an attempt to start motors, it won't start.

I will never ever consider MK for my Skyjib....this thing is painful!

everything updated to current software versions and your NAVI/compass calibrated correctly? because i know you can test motors but not arm if not calibrated.

Walky000

everything updated to current software versions and your NAVI/compass calibrated correctly? because i know you can test motors but not arm if not calibrated.
Yep, all updated and calibrated, ACC, Compass all of it. All Green LED's, steady LED on the MK3GPS.
I even disconnected the Navi and GPS boards and just used the FC, still no joy.

It has me stumped!!

Quad_Addict

Yep, all updated and calibrated, ACC, Compass all of it. All Green LED's, steady LED on the MK3GPS.
I even disconnected the Navi and GPS boards and just used the FC, still no joy.

It has me stumped!!

oh ok that helps. can you do a video of if going through startup? and showing MKtool LCD screen, it should detect errors there,

Walky000

oh ok that helps. can you do a video of if going through startup? and showing MKtool LCD screen, it should detect errors there,
I will do the video later in the week when I get home, but in MK Tool, there are no errors on any board. Really weird...

viper_x

Since fw 2.0 you need to push in the bottom corner both pitch and roll in order for the motors to start or stop them.
Maybe you forgot to do what's in the latest realese. :)
main.php
main.php

(The pitch / roll stick can be pushed into a corner either left or right)

[h=2]Exception[/h]
  • When a Motor safety switch is used, you don't have to move the Nick/Roll Stick
  • Who should be totally unhappy with this change, but does not want to waste a channel with the safety switch, can enter "OFF" instead of "Disabled" ind the safety-switch option. Then it's like in the old versions.

Walky000

I tried the new start procedure, both sticks down and right, no avail.
Since fw 2.0 you need to push in the bottom corner both pitch and roll in order for the motors to start or stop them.Maybe you forgot to do what's in the latest realese. :)
main.php
main.php
(The pitch / roll stick can be pushed into a corner either left or right) [h=2]Exception[/h]
  • When a Motor safety switch is used, you don't have to move the Nick/Roll Stick
  • Who should be totally unhappy with this change, but does not want to waste a channel with the safety switch, can enter "OFF" instead of "Disabled" ind the safety-switch option. Then it's like in the old versions.
Hi and thanks for the idea. I have already tried the new start procedure as noted in the first post, and still not working :(