Folding Carbon Fiber Frame with built in Plug and Play Gimbal! AD1 by ActionDrone

ActionDrone

The AD1 simplifies the choice for people looking to carry a GoPro 3 on a Quadcopter. We have put the built in gimbal to create a vibration free video! We know that many of you now will travel with your Quadcopter as part of your GoPro 3 platform so we have made this frame a folding frame. Below are the sample videos made during its early flights.

We will be shipping 2nd batch early November! Pre-Order to make sure you get your frame!

Specification:
Airframe + Full Gimbal System(motor x2 + control board + IMU)
Airframe made out of 1.5mm board.
16mm round tubes x4
16mm round tube clamps & motor mounts,
2 axis brushless gimbal in the front designed for Gopro 3 only. (come with 2 brushless motors, control board & IMU installed)
Gimbal motor GM2208-80 x2,
Top transparency protection cover made out of 1mm poly-carbonate,
Front Lens cover made out of 1mm poly-carbonate,
Motor to motor 590mm (CG still in the x center, same as standard quadcopter),
Total Flying weight about 1830g (included GoPro, GPS & 4S 5000mah

Frame Opened: length: 435mm,wide: 530mm,height: 105mm
After Folded (without props): length: 510mm,wide: 185mm,height: 105mm
After Folded (with props): 590mm,wide:185mm,height:105mm

Announcement: We closed our old thread so we can better manage new content to this product. Here is the link to the old thread.

What we are working on!

- We are now using MT-4006 motors for the RTF and ARF versions with SimonK flashed ESC. Carbon Fiber Propellers will shipped balanced to you!
- We are also now actively looking for a company that can create a backpack type for this frame for traveling.
- Currently we are also working on a add-on design to change the clear cover and have a carbon fiber cover instead to give us an option to have a camera mount for FPV.

Attachments

• 1268440_438386292945224_389423791_o.jpg
    1268440_438386292945224_389423791_o.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 540
Last edited by a moderator:

VIQuad

Interesting. Been looking for a folding quad to carry my GP3.

Do you have a spec sheet for the quad...motors, esc, flight data, etc?

Any more pictures you can post here?
Do you have to balance and level the motor mounts during assembly?

Looks cool.

Last edited by a moderator:

ActionDrone

You do not have to balance the motor mounts. The motors we are using for our quad option is the Tiger MT 4006 with balanced carbon fiber prop. We are also using 4in1 simonk flashed 25a esc. It's full carbon fiber and the gimbal is plug and play. You don't need to bother on programming. Below is the spec and some pictures.
.View attachment 14351

Specification:
Airframe + Full Gimbal System(motor x2 + control board + IMU)
Airframe made out of 1.5mm board.
16mm round tubes x4
16mm round tube clamps & motor mounts,
2 axis brushless gimbal in the front designed for Gopro 3 only. (come with 2 brushless motors, control board & IMU installed)
Gimbal motor GM2208-80 x2,
Top transparency protection cover made out of 1mm poly-carbonate,
Front Lens cover made out of 1mm poly-carbonate,
Motor to motor 590mm (CG still in the x center, same as standard quadcopter),
Total Flying weight about 1830g (included GoPro, GPS & 4S 5000mah

Attachments

• folded.jpg
    folded.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 468

VIQuad

Sounds cool. I might give it a shot. When will you have more in stock?..and what is the price for a turnkey build(components only)??... I will build it myself.

Might take this on as my first build. Is the build fairly straight forward? Would you recommend taking it on?.....I have a X650 Pro right now with the SuperX controller. I love it.

Will this take the SuperX controller? ....SuperX is kicking Naza's proverbial butt right now.

ActionDrone

I will have it in stock November 4th if the shipment has no delay. The turnkey build with Frame + gimbal; Mt 4006 tiger motors w/ carbon fiber propellers and the 4in1 25a simonK esc will be $923. It's really a good deal especially since most of the systems out there with a built in gimbal system is starting at $600 and that's just the frame alone. We are also using really good motors and balanced carbon fiber propellers by tiger. I only have 10 shipping this month because the rest that were built are on pre-ordered already so if you are interested let me know or you can go to our website www.actiondroneusa.com

ActionDrone

The super x will definitely take this frame. I'm still waiting to try it but I know it will fly it. I'm trying to be a registered distributor for superx but right now its all tied up on dji fc. I do want people to try it on a super x so i can get more ideas of how good it is. And if it's really that much better I would love to really invest on having some super x as part of the option.

VIQuad

so the gimbal is completely plug and play?...it doesn't require any setup or tuning?..that sounds great.

You should do a build video, that a guaranteed way to boost sales. I dont know what the gain set up will be on this quad with the SuperX...or even where to start....hmmm.

What kind of flight times are you seeing with your setup? I have (5) 5800mah 4S batteries...

ActionDrone

I use 5000 mah 4s and I usually do 16 min flight and still have about 800mah left over just for safety. I don't fly very aggressively. I would think that its just the same gain as the x650. I will do a build video when I have more stock in and I will post it. It's actually quite easy. I also have the manual made too.

VIQuad

Also what are the dimensions folded and extended?....

I'd like to get a better idea how big it is, for traveling, and a case, etc.

ActionDrone

Here are the specs for it

Frame Opened: length: 435mm,wide: 530mm,height: 105mm
After Folded (without props): length: 510mm,wide: 185mm,height: 105mm
After Folded (with props): 590mm,wide:185mm,height:105mm

Announcement: We closed our old thread so we can better manage new content to this product. Here is the link to the old thread.

What we are working on!

- We are now using MT-4006 motors for the RTF and ARF versions with SimonK flashed ESC. Carbon Fiber Propellers will shipped balanced to you!
- We are also now actively looking for a company that can create a backpack type for this frame for traveling.
- Currently we are also working on a add-on design to change the clear cover and have a carbon fiber cover instead to give us an option to have a camera mount for FPV.

If you order now yes you will get one for Nov4th but might be later depending if customs take forever to hold it. So give take maybe 5 more days.

ActionDrone

just wanted to give some first pictures for the
AD1 SimonK Flashed 4in1 25A ESC!!

* Simon K Flashed
* You can replace a damage ESC easily. Nothing is soldered.
* Just plug the wire leads to the side and screw it in from the bottom. Makes it easy to adjust your wire length if needed.

View attachment 14437View attachment 14438

Attachments

• 20131028_233243.jpg
    20131028_233243.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 460
  • 20131028_233321.jpg
    20131028_233321.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 387