Video of Naza-m v2 dropping rev and sinking in lake

Anyone got an idea about what happened here?

When starting to ascend the motors cut out totaly and the hexa dropped into the water.
It was a DJI F550. You can hear the engines start to rev up again just before hitting the surface

Could be pilot-error (throttle) but since it cut out when I started a planned 50+ meter ascend I dont think that was it. Anyone had sudden drops/cut outs?

Last edited by a moderator:

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Battery, settings, pilot error, LVC all possibilities without any other info being offered.

Pete

Latest Firmware on everything, fully charged 4S5000Mah, about 15 sec into flight, 7+ GPS-satellite connection, GPS-mode, DX8 with AR8000.

Here is a film of the whole flight:

vispaaja

Wow that sucks..

It comes to mind that if there were a glitch with the radio and failsafe throttle was set to zero, then this could possibly happen. U channel should be set to `failsafe`and throttle to around 30%. Have you had problems with the DX8 before? Is the receiver located near ESC's?

Anyone got an idea about what happened here?

When starting to ascend the motors cut out totaly and the hexa dropped into the water.
It was a DJI F550. You can hear the engines start to rev up again just before hitting the surface

Could be pilot-error (throttle) but since it cut out when I started a planned 50+ meter ascend I dont think that was it. Anyone had sudden drops/cut outs?

Given their propensity for failure, I believe it's pretty bold flying any Naza over water.
I'm sorry for your loss.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Could have been a battery failure! could have been a number of things as mentioned.... my guess is either the battery was not charged or it just failed. It can happen, would love for someone to tell me different.

Could have been a battery failure! could have been a number of things as mentioned.... my guess is either the battery was not charged or it just failed. It can happen, would love for someone to tell me different.

I had a perfect flying Reptile 500 (Discovery clone) and it had perhaps 50-60 flawless flights on it.
I took it up in a slow climb to about 150' and it just dropped out of the sky.
No explanation at all. Battery had 10.9 volts, telemetry voltage never wavered, etc, etc, etc.
I connected it to the assistant and not a hint of an issue.
Broken arms and props but everything is in a new PVC scratch-built and performing flawlessly,,,,, until the next time.
I suspected an esc but they all check out perfectly. I came to the conclusion that sometimes it just happens.