Lower priced radios

simonlee11

Hi All,

I am thinking of building the DJI 450. I am on a tight budget and would like to know does anyone fly one of these with a lower priced radio set. If so which one. I am thinking somewhere around £100 or less. As a noob I am confused by the radios available. People seem to use the DX6i are there problems with RTH using this model. It will be the DJI 450 with nazza lite and gps. By the way I am in the UK.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Went from futaba 10C to Frsky taranis, for the price there is NO competition, community driven support so you always have the latest software innovations if you want, the radio can do almost anything!

kloner

Aerial DP
it uses modular packs like JR so there is plug and play EzUHF available as well.... dragonlink most likely is compatible, i was around a bunch this weekend, nice radio....

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Hi All,

I am thinking of building the DJI 450. I am on a tight budget and would like to know does anyone fly one of these with a lower priced radio set. If so which one. I am thinking somewhere around £100 or less. As a noob I am confused by the radios available. People seem to use the DX6i are there problems with RTH using this model. It will be the DJI 450 with nazza lite and gps. By the way I am in the UK.

Thanks

I loved my DX6i. It is a great tx. The RTH is dependent on the receiver you choose.

econfly

I get the budget notion, and if you are certain this is your only build and a less-costly radio will meet your needs, then maybe consider the DJI DT7/DR16 setup (a little over your budget at about 160 $US, but not too much over).

If you think this is the beginning of a growing hobby (it happens), then I would just get a Futaba T14SG and be done with it.