Lipo explosion

Bowley

View attachment 12416Just to drum home the dangers of these, just had one explode under charge, charging in the house with no lipo safe bag....idiot!!
Lesson learnt and luckily I was right there to handle it and just far enough away not get burnt.
Lucky day, and a good lesson learnt.
Be careful with your lipos everyone.

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_0500.jpg
    IMG_0500.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 313
Last edited by a moderator:

Dewster

Lucky. I have a heat sensor on my charger and I place the lipo in a metal pan while charging it. I had a 6000 mah lipo get punctured after a crash. I didn't see any flame, but I could not believe the amount of heat that came off of the battery.

kloner

Aerial DP
was it ever crashed or abused where the ir was high? yikes I do mine on a tile counter near a stove but man, the smoke from them things is like a smoke bomb and it stinks forever. something happen with the charger?

RobertsUp

Me newbie just learned to operate my Hyperion charger. I hovered over it constantly while I charged a LiPo. I surf the web while the batt is charging but I'm always right there seeing what's happening. I live in an apartment and can't obey the Hyperion manual's directives to never charge a battery indoors and charge it outdoors in a sandbag/pillbox/fallout shelter. Powerful LiPo batteries such as the ones I have make me nervous about even having them. I have no choice

Edit: I'm planning to maiden my build Sunday morning. It's been five months since I began acquiring parts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bowley

was it ever crashed or abused where the ir was high? yikes I do mine on a tile counter near a stove but man, the smoke from them things is like a smoke bomb and it stinks forever. something happen with the charger?

Not sure what happened Kloner, I wonder if a contact from the balance plug touched the rim of the tin tray the battery was sitting on. I always make sure and tape those up when the batteries go into storage for a while. Charger seems fine not indicating anything wrong and working OK. Never been crashed ,but has been abused on a couple of occasions where I drained to far.