Licenses to shoot commercial AP and AV in the US?

kloner

Aerial DP
says the guy from Canada... hahahaha

they'll sell you insurance for all kinds of stuff they never plan to payout. there attorneys are pretty sharp to the rules when it comes to a claim. the paperwork will get you on the job, but i'd blow an ape to get away from authorities being involved in anything

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
I was referring to people in the USA.

Doing AP in Canada is basically a non-issue. We have a process to follow, and it is legal.

trec-r

Taking Action

Very interesting thread here. I have been working on reading through it as I have time. As I was reading a few things came to mind. I did not see much information about what we can do practically to help our positions in the long run. Laws regarding AP and AV will have a critical impact on what we can and can not do. Below are a few ideas of what we can do now to help influence what and how the laws are made.

First I would recommend the creation of a international association for aerial photography and video. The main goals of the association would be to protect our industry legally around the world, prompt safe practices, and to network. The association might even provide a flight worthiness certification of some kind. Would be great to have an annual trade show...

Second contact your state and federal representatives. Tell them what we want. FYI it would be best if we were all asking for the same things, hence again why I recommend the association.

Third get involved with other groups and have them contact state and federal representatives. For example help the local fire department with search and rescue ops. Or if you work in film and video we might find an ally in the IATSE.

Fourth I have seen very few videos created to train for safe operation of multirotors. There is a lot of buzz about drones and multirotors, and people are just jumping in without the required knowledge and pratice. A few accidents from a noob will hurt us all.

I look forward to hearing what you guys think.
Richie

tombrown1

Very interesting thread here. I have been working on reading through it as I have time. As I was reading a few things came to mind. I did not see much information about what we can do practically to help our positions in the long run. Laws regarding AP and AV will have a critical impact on what we can and can not do. Below are a few ideas of what we can do now to help influence what and how the laws are made.

First I would recommend the creation of a international association for aerial photography and video. The main goals of the association would be to protect our industry legally around the world, prompt safe practices, and to network. The association might even provide a flight worthiness certification of some kind. Would be great to have an annual trade show...

Second contact your state and federal representatives. Tell them what we want. FYI it would be best if we were all asking for the same things, hence again why I recommend the association.

Third get involved with other groups and have them contact state and federal representatives. For example help the local fire department with search and rescue ops. Or if you work in film and video we might find an ally in the IATSE.

Fourth I have seen very few videos created to train for safe operation of multirotors. There is a lot of buzz about drones and multirotors, and people are just jumping in without the required knowledge and pratice. A few accidents from a noob will hurt us all.

I look forward to hearing what you guys think.
Richie

http://www.rcapa.net/

trec-r

I have looked at the RCAPA website a number of times. It does not seem to be active at all from what I can see. Is the RCAPA active in other ways?