LED Lighting - What are you using?

JG-rn

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=HH8514

Although I should point out that Jaycar is an Australian store. Idrilled two small hole for the wires to exit and used some self-adhesive thermo tape to attach my LED. Then just to be sure I used a hight temp CA glue (Q-Bond) to insulate the solder joints and lock the LED in position. I'll post some pics later

C

yeah please.......I would like to see the size of the heat sinks compared to the LEDs

Bluerex

yeah please.......I would like to see the size of the heat sinks compared to the LEDs

Here ya go :)

View attachment 9771View attachment 9772

The second pic shows the Jaycar LED driver, the heatsink on the left has a small square of heat conductive double sided tape for mounting the LED. By some coincidence the heatsinks are exactly the hight of the gap between the main boards in my Droidworx XM.

Attachments

• IMG_0187.jpg
    IMG_0187.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_0190.jpg
    IMG_0190.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 368

Bluerex

Thanks. I think they may be a little too big for my disco.
No worries... Just be careful with smaller 'sinks - these run just cool enough to hold with a 1 watt LED I tried aluminium angle and U section but they were just too bloody hot at 300ma (1 watt) if you run them at a lower current you might get away with it. Time to experiment :)

C