Just tried a collective pitch heli...

ChrisViperM

there's a Hirobo 50 nitro for sale for $250 about 40 mins from me. i've been so freakin' tempted to go buy it but I hear Hirobo is big $$$ to keep running. :( it's in perfect shape too. :(

I still have my HIROBO Sceadu EVO EX with a OS 50 engine (with flybars).....a beautifully engineered piece of technology. Also got a conversion set to run it with an electric motor, but this bird needs the nitro. Just don't know why it should be expensive to keep it running.
The initial purchase was a bit steep (since I ordered all tuning parts together with the bird), but then the only money I spent was for fuel and a new clutch lining. If you get it for $ 250 in mint condition, then go for it.....you won't regret

Chris

3dheliguy

Will be building a single rotor for video to, but it's definitely a more dangerous endeavor as you can't screw up with one of those, or it could be someone's life. Got to have some serious respect for things.

I started with single rotor and then went multi. Hung onto my 550e though... too much fun. Im by no means a 3d capable guy but smooth flips, loops, barrel rolls and fun sporty stuff is where im at. When I started into multis I did terrible with Los flight at a hundered feet. damn things look the same all around lol. The best advice I was ever given and before I go for some new tricks ill hover at least 30 seconds in as tight a spot as i can in all 4 orientaions.... theres 2 minutes of my 5, but i have 3 batts... Anyways, if i just flew the day before or ive been off the sticks for a few weeks it brings my brain and thumbs back into touch and then the thinking about whats left or right in a jammer is more natural.

FPV is great but i still get a mad rush when I have a sick flight on my 550 just the sound is awesome lol

3dheliguy

Thanks Kloner,

I wish I could FPV like you bud now thats Insane. If you guys want to see some serious FPV take a day and Get with Kloner, Just an awesomely skilled pilot, and just a delight to be around.

Will be trying to get down to Daves soon cant wait to see you fly again.

Last edited by a moderator:

DennyR

Thanks Kloner,

I wish I could FPV like you bud now thats Insane. If you guys want to see some serious FPV take a day and Get with Kloner, Just an awesomely skilled pilot, and just a delight to be around.

Will be trying to get down to Daves soon cant wait to see you fly again.

Skookum has a good bail out controller for learning the art. I expect that Naza H will also have....

DennyR

View attachment 7734View attachment 7735

This is what goes on the front of my much modified TDR's:tennis:

Next year I will offer conversion kits for different levels of commitment.

Persistent, tenacious and determined performance of over one hour. with a max. speed of 200 KPH. Head speed 900-1300 rpm 1.8 wide section special in house assymetric high efficiency blades, 22 amp/45v. power supply. A true force multiplier rig. Nothing outside of the military comes close....

Hands off hovering etc. Autonomous T/O and landing just like flying a good MR.

Attachments

• Cm-2.jpg
    Cm-2.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 267
  • Cm-1.jpg
    Cm-1.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 313

View attachment 9974View attachment 9975

Next year I will offer conversion kits for different levels of commitment.

Persistent, tenacious and determined performance of over one hour. with a max. speed of 200 KPH. Head speed 900-1300 rpm 1.8 wide section special in house assymetric high efficiency blades, 22 amp/45v. power supply. A true force multiplier rig. Nothing outside of the military comes close....

Hands off hovering etc. Autonomous T/O and landing just like flying a good MR.

Sounds awesome, Denny. Are you affiliated with this build? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef21fKriEVE&feature=plcp

DennyR

Sounds awesome, Denny. Are you affiliated with this build? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef21fKriEVE&feature=plcp
Ben
The answer is no. That one is by Robert at DJI/UAV Products but maybe I will sell some conversions to the US through him.
I believe that one is a standard TDR with a Zen. My one only uses the main rotor head and drive gears but uses a different motor. and longer tail etc. Much bigger blades and the front UC legs retract.

kloner

Aerial DP
when your near a tdr, you'd know it

i'm going naza-h as soon as it's available. got 3 single rotors i'd like to fpv, but i'm a self levelr fpv guy still.

Ben
The answer is no. That one is by Robert at DJI/UAV Products but maybe I will sell some conversions to the US through him.
I believe that one is a standard TDR with a Zen. My one only uses the main rotor head and drive gears but uses a different motor. and longer tail etc. Much bigger blades and the front UC legs retract.

Sounds well thought out. I look forward to seeing more.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Is this basically the WKH Lite?

Not entirely sure of all the WKH capabilities but I believe the Naza-H is a WKH lite in the same way a Naza-M is a WKM lite. From what I've read so far it's basically a flybarless controller/tail gyro combo that can also do autolevel and GPS position hold. The good news for those of us that already have a Naza-M w/GPS or three is it appears the GPS units are the same for -M and -H in this case so if you already have one and don't mind swapping between the M and H then you can save a bunch of cash and still have GPS capability on both.

I just dug out my Trex 450 that had been gathering dust in the corner, the only electric heli I own at the moment. Now the question is, do I want to start that addiction again or not...;)

Too bad the Naza-H is only for electric SRH, or in my case maybe that's a good thing as I still have a half dozen or so nitro and gasser helis sitting idle.

Ken

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
it's electric only?

That's what I've read and what the marketing material says... "Naza-H is suitable for a variety of electric helicopter platforms from small to large, such as 450, 500, 600 and 700 size, etc."

It would probably work to some degree on nonelectric but knowing that DJI stuff tends to have issues with a lot of vibration I think they're playing it safe by saying it's suitable for electrics and not mentioning anything else. That said I'm not inclined to be a guinea pig and try it on one of my own nitro or gas helis, I'll leave that to someone else.

Ken

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
View attachment 9974View attachment 9975

Denny, I like your work. That is the best looking gimbal mount I have seen. You're obviously not afraid of a bit of 3D CNC. And the vibration damping is much better thought out than most. And then of course the Zen is the only proper gimbal on the market.

I find the Naza-H, like the WKH to be disappointing. It's pretty clear the game they are playing. They have the Ace One at the top of the market for helis, there is no parallel for MR's. The Ace One offers not many more features than the WKM, even though the Ace One is far more expensive. So when they released the WKH, they had to cut feature the WKM had just to try and justify the price (which is still more than the WKM right?). Then they released Naza-H, and again, it is more expensive than the Naza-M, and has less features, because they had to slot it under the WKH which is also feature reduced.

It's just a marketing game, and the customers are the losers. I'm sure they know that they can squeeze more money from heli owners, just because heli owners tend to have more money. The machines are more expensive. But it's all a pretty cynical deal.