Issues Charging Hyperion LiPo 3S Power Pack

philiefay

Philiefay
Total Newbie: I have Hyperion 3S/ 11.1V 5400mAh batteries along with a Hyperion AC/DC EOS0600iAD-C Charger. I read through the user manual and followed everything for the setup, the only thing I was not sure about was the Amp's to charge at so I started on the low side around 2.1A. Anyway, It is connected through a harness to the charger. After set up I press Start...it searches and says " Bettery Check, please wait" then a few secs later says no battery connected...

Any tips or pointers on where I am going wrong?

kloner

Aerial DP
making sure it's on lipo mode,,,,,, your amp in is the mah divided by 1000 so your good to 5.4 amps, that is 1c rate.

You have to connect the little harness and the big wires to the charger..... that will balance charge it.... if just the main big wire plug is used, that is a fast charge or charge only.

drdrums

I'd add that depending on what Lipo charge mode you're in, you'll need to have both the balance plug and main leads connected, not just the main - e.g. If you're charging in balance mode (which you should use unless you're in a real rush).

philiefay

Philiefay
Many Thanks guys....wasted god knows how many hours trying to figure it out. Never received instructions and trawled the web before joining here. Cheers

philiefay

Philiefay
I am about to do my first flight..So I have 2 batteries. As 1 was charging and just for a test, I put other battery (uncharged) on the F550 without props, just to see throttle etc was working and that the unit was reading the TX. The LED's came on an an alarm to let me know power was connected but throttle etc would not work.

The other battery was then charged so I put that on the unit, LED's / Alarms etc again. DEVO10 TX is displaying the F550 but the unit is not reading the remote, IE nothing is working... have I missed something? Do i need to do some kind of pairing each time its turned on??

philiefay

Philiefay
Kloner, Thanks. I had not seen the manual before. I have activated the CSC and it seems the TX is recognizing the F550 (it is show on the display) but it has not started the motors, On the F550 the green LED is flashing. This unit had apparently been assembled and tested prior to me receiving it so I am hessitant to start adjusting anything. Meanwhile, I am trying to get in contact w/ the seller.

kloner

Aerial DP
you need to get ahold of the guy that set it up. without understanding this part your gonna hurt yourself or property hitting the wrong things.

drdrums

+1 to that. When you give the CSC it should, if everything is setup correctly, start the props spinning, and then let you advance the throttle/collective and lift off. If the props aren't starting, it could be that you have a flight mode switch on the TX that's set it to failsafe - which means that it may put it in manual mode if you play with it. That's a sure-fire way to a crash (or worse!!) if you've never flown one.

If you can't find the guy who set it up, go find a local RC club with someone who knows about quads (and preferably the Naza system) and have them look it over and give you some pointers.

Just keep in mind that you're dealing with a machine with six potentially high-speed rigid plastic propellers with no guards, just waiting to slice into unprotected flesh.

Last edited by a moderator: