Is this i dji A2 issue?

Glennyboy

well.....Ive added weight and its deffo better, the throttle jump has stopped.

it still doesnt fly correctly though, it feels unsafe, i have a dji f550 with naza v2 and this flys beautifully...very smooth confident but my octo just feels....i cant explain it lol..I dont trust it if you know what i mean.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Droider... I am looking for reliable 40A ESCs for my A2 - Cinestar 8 build.... if you don't mind, can you offer a suggestion or two via PM?
I read from MRF archives that the following is identical but a much lower price.....
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...0A_BlueSeries_Brushless_Speed_Controller.html
Also with the jumper programming card the Simon K can be avoided until later..... and can't risk a firmware glitch from incorrect programming.

Now secret I use Jeti No programming or out pure and simple

http://www.electricwingman.com/jeti-multicopter-esc.aspx

Dave

fdproductions

FD Productions
per DJI, an upgrade to 2.1 should address this issue.

you guys are my last hope.

I know there are a lot of droidworx users using a2 and my frame is different but not sure what to do anymore.

very hard to explain problem so put together a video. see link below.

when i apply yaw my machine becomes unstable for a couple of seconds and seems to add a throttle twitch when yaw is returned to middle.

firmware up to date
throttle cali done
tried different gains.

thanks in advance :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
per DJI, an upgrade to 2.1 should address this issue.

Yeh thats IF you can do the full upgrade! The A2 is not reliable enough for my purposes. Hopefully DJI will be listening to the regulators who have see to many A2 failures. I really doubt that in the UK any craft with an A2 will be granted permissions for aerial work after the recent failures during flight tests.

Dave

Glennyboy

Well ive finally solved the twitchyness and it was all down to......prop balancing!

Im almost embarrassed to admit but i thought paying £20 for a pair of carbon fibre props would be balanced enough to fly without touching them.
Ive never balanced props before and to be fair there wasnt that much vibration on each arm (some more than others) and didnt think it would make this much difference but you live and learn :)

I hope this helps someone!

sk8brd

first i ever heard of not balanced props causing that yaw twitch in that video.. i assumed it was the gains/fc or light disk loading- interesting.