Is this i dji A2 issue?

Glennyboy

you guys are my last hope.

I know there are a lot of droidworx users using a2 and my frame is different but not sure what to do anymore.

very hard to explain problem so put together a video. see link below.

when i apply yaw my machine becomes unstable for a couple of seconds and seems to add a throttle twitch when yaw is returned to middle.

firmware up to date
throttle cali done
tried different gains.

thanks in advance
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
glennboy, what are you planning to do with that helicopter? if you plan on having a payload under there you should at least carry a matching weight as that is a lot of lift to be flying around with nothing under it. the problem might be damped out with the addition of some weight. smaller props might also put the heli in a better place. what throttle % are you hovering @?

brutis

Im pretty sure its and A2 issue, mine get gets unstable in atti mode but in Gps mode it gets worse, yaw drifts all over the place. Its that bad like Im applying aileron when applying rudder. I thought it was compass faulty but replaced with new unit still tokyo drift but no smoke and Im in Australia lol.
Seriously but its driving me bloody mad! Ive spents months messing with everything, Im starting to realise that it may not just be one thing. Compass a bit dodgy, imu weird reasings with the gyroscope moving when sitting on the bench attached to my lappy and finally I rekon one or more of the esc could be playing up. Ive already replaced motors and reconfigured physical layout and software, firmware, new arms all round omg I would smash DJI if they where one person and not in china!

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I had that same problem with my Wooky and could never figure it out. I assumed it was a gain thing but I never got it dialed in. Couldnt tell if it was interference but it happened anywhere I flew. It was just like that, a throttle jump on yaw. Drove me nuts!

Bartman

what throttle position are you guys hovering at? 50%? lower? reduce prop size and get the blades loaded up a little more, that jumpiness might dampen out

Glennyboy

I had that same problem with my Wooky and could never figure it out. I assumed it was a gain thing but I never got it dialed in. Couldnt tell if it was interference but it happened anywhere I flew. It was just like that, a throttle jump on yaw. Drove me nuts!

its not just a throttle jump though.....when hard yawing it acts unstable too.

Ive spent more time o this than building the damn thing :dread:

Glennyboy

glennboy, what are you planning to do with that helicopter? if you plan on having a payload under there you should at least carry a matching weight as that is a lot of lift to be flying around with nothing under it. the problem might be damped out with the addition of some weight. smaller props might also put the heli in a better place. what throttle % are you hovering @?

throttle is at 50%, i know what you mean about adding weight but ive seen other machines like this flying fine unladen.

Bartman

throttle is at 50%, i know what you mean about adding weight but ive seen other machines like this flying fine unladen.

DJI flight controllers don't like to be flown too lightly loaded or with too much prop, fwiw

you can also try opening up the boxes to see if any of the electronics look suspect.

I would also check if your motor mounts are level and recalibrate the esc's. Something to consider is to flash your esc with simonk code if possible. Try your next test flight with 1 kilo weight more.

sk8brd

which motors, what are your vertical and yaw gains at. i had a similar issue on a naza. the craft flew better on smaller props when my hover was above 50 vs below on bigger props. still wondering what the deal was. the craft filmed better on smaller props so i left them and just forgot about till now..lol

I would agree... I have seen this with light disk load. If you load it down, the issue should go away. Water bottles work great to add weight for testing.

sk8brd

Teecee i just got word of 2 crafts going down similar to your experience. Everything points to maytech simon k esc's on tiger motors as they were all on them. can't be a coincidence that everyone was on the same simon k flashed esc's and experienced motor cut outs. i know you were trying to figure it out don't think it's the A2.

teecee

Teecee i just got word of 2 crafts going down similar to your experience. Everything points to maytech simon k esc's on tiger motors as they were all on them. can't be a coincidence that everyone was on the same simon k flashed esc's and experienced motor cut outs. i know you were trying to figure it out don't think it's the A2.

Well this is kind of crazy... How does one go about sorting something like this out? I am in the middle of a planned rebuild with salvaged parts and 2 new motors and ESCs. Was hoping to use what I have because... I have it... but not if that means a repeat of what happened.

Droider... I am looking for reliable 40A ESCs for my A2 - Cinestar 8 build.... if you don't mind, can you offer a suggestion or two via PM?
I read from MRF archives that the following is identical but a much lower price.....
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...0A_BlueSeries_Brushless_Speed_Controller.html
Also with the jumper programming card the Simon K can be avoided until later..... and can't risk a firmware glitch from incorrect programming.

Get shut.. seen this to many times now.