Is the ezosd worth the money?

Lifter

I see there are many OSDs on the market for less money than the ezosd. So why do people spend the extra money for the ez?.

Just got mine so not speaking from practical experience here - I got it because of the good feedback from others and excellent support from the developer and it is plug'n play with
the other Immersion products, so in my opinion it was worth the extra investment, also TBS have developed it even further and are taking orders now, - Good enough for them its best for me.
However other brands will no doubt do the job just as well.

http://www.team-blacksheep.com/products/product:92

Cheers

kloner

Aerial DP
a big reason to run it would be for the antenna tracking. problem with it is it uses the audio channel to feed it's position. eagle tree has the same thing, same price except it uses the closed caption part of the video channel to follow ya. i had a frioend using ezosd and his antenna fell off track alot, but he flew 900mhz, bitched about it till he took the tracking off. i've had the eagle tree a few trips now and haven't seen that yet, but i'm still on 2.4 rc control so haven't really tested it, but is why i went that way. The immersion tracking setup is a little more money to finish out.

all the osd's are plug and play, they all have servo connectors in and out, when it sees a camera feed, it fires up the osd and away you go. I think the eagle tree and the immersion are about the same money. can tell you this, you really want the barometer for altitude, gps bounces up and down to frequently sitting still to reliably know your not on a slight descent down when flying low and having the artificial horizon is worth whatever it takes to get it.

Well, I am still waiting for my EZOSD I ordered last month from RMRC. I am beginning to wonder if Immersion RC is still even making the ezosd. Immersion has good quality products, but a bad distribution system and production line. A person should not have to wait 30-60 days to ge a OSD!

Lifter

Thanks! but if I order from HK I still would have to wait 3 weeks or more for shipping. It would be much better for me to order from RMRC.

Not good -using EMS I get delivery from HK to Aust in 6 - 7 days mostly- though sometimes they (HK) are a bit slow with there pick 'n Packing - but mostly good service with the odd hiccup.

mongo

lost soul
kloner:

since you have ET, and mentioned the horizon< how did you get the horizon to show in the et osd pro display? do you need a guardian unit in line to get the horizon?

laddymc

a big reason to run it would be for the antenna tracking. problem with it is it uses the audio channel to feed it's position. eagle tree has the same thing, same price except it uses the closed caption part of the video channel to follow ya. i had a frioend using ezosd and his antenna fell off track alot, but he flew 900mhz, bitched about it till he took the tracking off. i've had the eagle tree a few trips now and haven't seen that yet, but i'm still on 2.4 rc control so haven't really tested it, but is why i went that way. The immersion tracking setup is a little more money to finish out.

all the osd's are plug and play, they all have servo connectors in and out, when it sees a camera feed, it fires up the osd and away you go. I think the eagle tree and the immersion are about the same money. can tell you this, you really want the barometer for altitude, gps bounces up and down to frequently sitting still to reliably know your not on a slight descent down when flying low and having the artificial horizon is worth whatever it takes to get it.

Can you get the artificial horizon with the ET by using there Guardian Stabilization Expander but with out the stabilization hooked up threw the servos? I just want the AHI part. I am using a NAZA and Sbus RX.
Thanks

mongo

lost soul
ok, we got our AHI showing.
do all the osd units display a real world horizon? ie, left roll input to the aircraft displays a right lean AHI.
nose up pitch input to the aircraft displays a downward movement of the AHI.

kloner

Aerial DP
sorry i missed your questions, little late but may as well put the info in here. no, not all osd's have AH. yes you have to use the guardian expander to get it and yes, you don't have to use the servo leads through the et osd so the guardian can be used as an AH only. The problem i came across is the ah seems to act overly agressive, takes a long time to return to flat, reminds me of naza. if you assign it a dial to aux2 while only using aux1 for the osd control, think they call it 1x 3 position switch, it automatically makes aux2 the guardian gain. When the gain is really low, that line is spot on, when you don't hook anything to it, it runs off the gain in the osd pro configuration, think under on screen options/guardian/overall gain. it goes from 0-10 on the dial left alone, but if no wire i'd start at gain 3 in the config, line follows ya really tight

if your lines not straight, make sure to hit reset level flight in the guardian on screen menuyou should also run the servo wizard even if no servos are connected, don't do anything it asks other than click next till it's done. That shows it whats connected and helps it keep center by knowing what the neutral pulse is even if it's null

Last edited by a moderator: