Photohigher skyline rsgs

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Sorry guys, it's not up to me to decide who gets the beta firmware, that decision is made by the folks at Photohigher who allowed me to test a copy as I was one of the people that did beta testing of the RSGS before it was released.

If it's any consolation the wait will be worth it and from what I've seen so far it looks like this version is pretty much baked and ready for release once the people doing the testing report back, shouldn't be long now...

Ken

P.S. I removed user email addresses from previous posts, not a good idea to post them in a public forum where bots can pick them up and start sending lots of spam!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ok, Brendon sent me the schematics of the loom (apparently nobody has them in this forum).
Nick and rtr: are you using the firmware with 360 gimbals or just 2 axis setups?

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Mine is just two axis, I just feed in a few clicks of rudder trim in position hold when I want a 360 degree veiw...

Ken

Helifish, is that a full size heli? If it's not, considering the wind, it's a great result! (i saw the second video, the first is private and i can't access to it)

Yes, it is definitely from a full size helicopter. You can see the shadow. He should have mentioned that really if he is showcasing the RSGS .....

Helifish

Sorry guys i thought those following this thread would of seen my previous posts
Its from a R44. The sky line is able to remove most of the movement the helicopter produces so you guys with drones should be able to get brilliant results. I have fixed the private link so you can veiw the last test with 1.5 firmware which has comments for reference. I deliberatly icluded the chopper in the frame of a lot of the video so you can see just how much movement the skyline can get rid of.
Cheers
Mark
http://youtu.be/3fk2-qc0JDM

nicwilke

Yes, it is definitely from a full size helicopter. You can see the shadow. He should have mentioned that really if he is showcasing the RSGS .....

He's not showcasing, he's just testing some beta firmware. Want me to send it to you so you can showcase it?

Helifish

Some thing i have found that may help others
When adjusting gains on the skyline i found that i couldnt get position or velocity above 250-300 with out the soft wear crashing if i did it with servos on. by sweitching them off then adjusting each one at a time and saving settings then turning servos back on im up around 400 plus and now starting to see the limit before it gets over sensative and un stable.
Final result with gains at optamal is now a laser pointer in the cradle only moves less than an inch at 50 metres with large smooth inputs of around 10/20 degrees at the gimble. Trade off is a little position wandering but reducing position gains helps with very little loss of stability. Hint. Make one adjustment at a time and record results before making more. Hint 2 Use a spirit level to get your tray as perfectly level as possible. i used a digital level and got it with in .1 of a degree and the end result will speak for its self.
Hope this helps
Cheers
Mark

Pjtyros

Hey guy's, the Skyline is slowly becoming what was expected in the begining. Here is a link to some flying I did a couple of weeks ago. If anyone wants to to send me a copy of 1.5 then I would gladly test as I am flying
almost every dry day ( not many here at the moment ) Keep up the good work.

https://vimeo.com/55513356

Paul

sotomatic

Mad Scientist
Hey guys, I've got another build question for you. I'm putting together a dual operator build and have hit a snafu. I have an AV 130/360 gimbal with a skyline stabilization on it. I'm trying to run an AR8000 and DX7S. So far the gimbal stabilizes great but I haven't been able to get any controls from the TX/RX. I have the skyline tilt input hooked up to elev and the pan servo hooked directly to the Rudd. When I give it power it just spins the pan servo and I get nothing from the TX. any suggestions?

I tried looking through this thread but its 200 pages long..

mmalik4

you cant control anything from tx/rx but it works fine when u r running independently as a standalone.... is that ur issue ?? use the fresh model start on the transmitter with everything set to default 100%.. no expo etc.. try then it will work. is the pan connected on the mount . just the server will just aoin. try lifting n holding it you will see it will stabalize

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Tilt / pitch induced roll.

:apathy:
I am getting a slight roll to the left when I tilt the camera tray to shoot the camera other than flat. So while it is on the bench when I tilt the camer to shoot down the more I tilt the more there is roll, probably about 5/6 degrees.

Any ideas anyone?

theflow

RSGS + Graupner MC20

Hello! I am currently setting up an AV200 with RSGS using a Graupner MC20 with a GR-24 Receiver.
Connecting Tilt and Roll, the rolling axis starts moving in one direction just until it hits the limit as soon as the RSGS has started up.
Can this be due to the neutral position or min/max values? Recommended settings for the channels? Trouble-shooting help highly appreciated…

Thanks in advance, Wolf-Dieter

tombrown1

:apathy:
I am getting a slight roll to the left when I tilt the camera tray to shoot the camera other than flat. So while it is on the bench when I tilt the camer to shoot down the more I tilt the more there is roll, probably about 5/6 degrees.

Any ideas anyone?

this may have to do with setting your xy level. Make sure both the cam tray AND the rsgs are perfectly level when setting this xy level.

TB

Macsgrafs

Dave, I have found that my RSGS doesnt sit quite level with the tray & causes the same problem. I slither of cardboard behind the RSGS mounting might help...trial & error I reckon ;)

Ross