InfinityMR Universal high performance gimbal for GH4/A7S size cameras

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Are encoders all different and hard to work with on your end Roee?

I haven't really gotten into researching encoders and their use/application, but I didn't know they were different or controller specific.

There are multiple kinds of encoders with different interfaces (SPI, PWM etc). Other than that it's not a big issue. We already have encoder support in the experimental firmware, just didn't have any gimbal to put it on. Anyway, I'm not sure encoders will really catch on, there are far too many issues (reliability, wiring, setup). We'll wait and see.

jakuban

Knut, don't tell me that this is what you get with those settings you sent me? ;)
Wow, I am really impressed, because when you will make those changes I described you, I am more than sure you will be able to fly even in such wind, and you will get great result.

Btw, Roee and all who wait for CP test (including me too of course;)), there are already a few customers that received MR just to use with CP so I am sure that soon we will see first videos from them :)

edit: Just received some really great email form one of MR users, he get amazing result and promised to post it soon :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
What type of encoders are being used on the Infinity? Figures there would have to be multiple versions that would not be compatible. Can't everyone just get along??? :)

Knut, don't tell me that this is what you get with those settings you sent me? ;)
Wow, I am really impressed, because when you will make those changes I described you, I am more than sure you will be able to fly even in such wind, and you will get great result.

Btw, Roee and all who wait for CP test (including me too of course;)), there are already a few customers that received MR just to use with CP so I am sure that soon we will see first videos from them :)

edit: Just received some really great email form one of MR users, he get amazing result and promised to post it soon :)

That is the video from the settings I did send you :) Can't wait to try out the changes you told me about. The wind was horrible, so in normal conditions, and with your changes I guess the result will be awsome :)

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
So I guess we can assume the Phobotic uses the SPI type encoders?

Media: I'm excited for you. Seems like if you had some windless day and some more tweaking, you will be in a good place.

Thanks for posting.

We used Maxon ones which are altogether different (pulsed). We can add support for whatever catches on, of course, but the market is not there yet.

Mactadpole

This blows away anything I have gotten with my CP on a Quadframe V2 BLDC or a friends DYS Eagle Eyes with it. And that's in perfectly still weather with those gimbals. Just sayin.

Looking forward to more users results here.

Well this is Jakub's own video with the earlier InfinityMR (I think he changed some stuff from there to now):
It's not perfect, but it is significantly better than what was posted here. In both cases I'm sure there can be improvements with fine tuning.

SamaraMedia

Certainly acceptable results under those conditions and minimal tuning. Look forward to more.

Finally the rain stopped, but the wind did not... I took the chopper for a short flight. The wind was too hard and gusty for me daring to keep the bird flying for long, as it got tossed around really bad. I would normally never fly ,and certainly never do aerial video work in such conditions, (Yes I know it is stupid to fly in such conditions, but it was on my own property, and there was no danger of harming anything else than my MR...)

Here is a short video from the short flight. It is a really unfair test, due to conditions. @jakuban has already looked at my tuning profile (he has not seen the video yet), and has given me some tuning tips, like turning up the power values. I am really satisfied with the way he helps me on the way to perfect video.

So before you look at the video, keep in mind that it was horrible flight conditions, and that I am a totally idiot when it comes to AM tuning ;) I am sure that I will get better results soon :)

@saenzm: Never seen props in the picture when camera was horisontal. You can even tilt the camera up a bit with no problem...

jakuban

This blows away anything I have gotten with my CP on a Quadframe V2 BLDC or a friends DYS Eagle Eyes with it. And that's in perfectly still weather with those gimbals. Just sayin.

Looking forward to more users results here.
Thakns for that! Yea, I am sure soon we will see much better results:)

saenzm

I just watched Jakub's last video again and when yawing fast there is no horizon drift, but noticed that when starting foward motion the gimbal tilts a bit down with the copter and when stopping and starts going backwards it tilts up. Whilst in the first videos, Jakub makes some quick forward and back movements and horizon is rock steady. And in Knut's footage there's the same behaviour on forward and backwords movements, there' a bit of lag in the tilt reaction. Is this possible to fix?

saenzm

Ok, Well its something we can correct manually with the pitch control. Not ideal, Its more important the lack of horizon drift.

jakuban

This is what I received few minutes ago form one of MR users. Taking into consideration such a crazy storm-wind conditions, I have to admit I haven't seen anything like that before (shot in 4K):

krall

This is what I received few minutes ago form one of MR users. Taking into consideration such a crazy storm-wind conditions, I have to admit I haven't seen anything like that before (shot in 4K):

Hi
This short movie is mine. Jakub ask me for write few words about.
It's taken from S900 (beautiful but terrible frame) with MR gimbal by GH4 with 14mm lens. That was a first fly with this gimbal, just after configuration.
I'm not decided to buy Z15 becouse it's more expensive and limit only to one camera+lens. Installation and configuration MR takes a few hours but the final effect is nice. I'm building copters and gimbals (lately also using 3D printer) since few years but quality and idea of Jakub's MR gimbal convince me to buy it - not mine - unfortunately ;-)

Last edited by a moderator: