InfinityMR Universal high performance gimbal for GH4/A7S size cameras

SamaraMedia

krall, thanks for posting and flying in nasty conditions, pretty impressive. Is that with AM and encoders or CP?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SamaraMedia

Thanks Jakuban, thought so. Have there been any people purchase the gimbal with the CP or for the CP if they already have them?

jakuban

Yes. Maybe I didn't sell to many CPs but I know for sure there are a few customers that already had CP and I am waiting for their tests as well.
And as I see on the tracking they received they orders:)

krall

Just another video.
I live on the north of Poland - here usually is windy. For me most important is behavior model+gimbal in these windy conditions.
Today was turbulent 8m/s. Usually i'm not flying in this wind.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Krall: sorry if I missed it, but are you using AM or Phobotic?

Stuff looks really impressive, especially considering winds etc. thanks for posting.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Thanks.

Agreed. The windy conditions are really putting these gimbals/controllers through their paces. Probably not fun for the pilot - but very helpful for those of us watching along at home :)

SamaraMedia

Just another video.
I live on the north of Poland - here usually is windy. For me most important is behavior model+gimbal in these windy conditions.
Today was turbulent 8m/s. Usually i'm not flying in this wind.

Worth saying again, Wow! Seeing how much those trees are bending I would have to say I probably wouldn't be flying, even if I were testing for all to see from the comfort of our homes...;)

Been windy around here lately too so I can relate.

Thanks for sharing and great job guys!

crayfellow

Received my InfinityMR (alexmos with encoders) over a week ago, thanks @jakuban!

It is easy to see from the images that this piece of equipment has been carefully designed and well made. Working with one here shows that this truly is the case. These sorts of things are not cheap of course, but for good reason, and it shows. This gimbal looks right at home next to a MacBook Pro, if that makes sense.

I have very limited free time for my project, so I do not have any sample videos as of yet. But I will share as soon as I can. We have a client also using alexmos-based hardware so I will also be getting into the low level protocol for SimpleBGC.

Somewhat related question for @jakuban - you mentioned to me that you are using a Boscam vtx. Which one? What HDMI-AV converter and cables are you using?

jakuban

@crayfellow thanks for that opinion. I hope we will see your results soon!

I use 200mw 5.8 tx.
For HDMI converter I use something like this one:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Composit...ter-Adapter-720p-1080p-Upscaler-/301040910435
But it was really long time ago when I bought is (2-3 years ago) and I am not sure if it is the same, especially that I removed housing and BNC plugs...
For HMDI cable I use this one:
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/micro-hd...al-cable-gh4-gopro3-a6000-z15-z1400-25cm.html

By accident I just found this (for GH4):
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/fpv-micro-hdmi-to-av-converter-cable-support-panasonic-gh4.html

Mactadpole

Any news from any of the Phobotic users?
+1
I'm hoping the slow traffic here means people are having excellent results with the InfinityMR, as is usually the case of this sort of behavior on forums. What we've seen so far on the encoder controller side is fantastic.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
No question. Jakub's examples have been super impressive. Just waiting to see what happens when it hit the hands of mere [gimbal] mortals more like myself :)

Beginning my build today, of the MR with AM and Encoders. But I too am swamped with work, so it may be a while before vids appear here. I'm opting to go with the everything-on-the-gimbal approach to get full 360° rotations, and am combining that with quick releases for easier travel. When all is said and done this gimbal should be a complete self contained unit.

One potential issue I see is the battery. With the 4s 1000mah batt mounted to the gimbal it seems to me that changing out batteries could alter the balance of the gimbal and so battery positioning with each switch will become important. Hopefully I can nail the positioning down by using precisely placed lock tape on all batts.

I'm an Alexmos neophyte so have a lot to learn in that department, and will most likely be back on this forum for advice from time to time.

Off we go!

tombrown1

Test from krall. Horison is perfect.

Sorry Jakub, but I've seen a thousand similar videos, and this horizon is totally sideways at 2:52. Vast majority of the video is incredible. But it still can't handle every maneuver (the gimbal controller, that is).

The question I've been trying to figure out though is this - Do the encoders help with the horizon? I've read a lot about the encoders and haven't figured out practically where they are superior. It seems like current technology can get a perfectly steady shot as it stands right now - but horizon is the thing that is lagging behind. Anybody have any insight on this front?

Thanks,

Tom

econfly

Nothing delivers perfect horizon in all circumstances (at least not for the costs people are willing to pay for a gimbal even at the high end). Everything will be off now and then. That includes the DJI Zens, the MōVI gimbals, and everything else out there. In a two man setup the camera op adjusts roll to compensate when this happens. In a one man setup you live with it one way or another, touch up roll before a key shot, etc.

The basic problem is that any drift in yaw or tilt is either not noticed or routinely adjusted out in the shooting process. But the horizon drift is so obvious even if it's a few degrees that it garners all of the attention. The encoder on the roll axis can deliver a home point -- that is, a persistent deviation from that originating encoder position is likely due to horizon drift -- so, you could imagine a system that is constantly taking current roll deviation and reverting to some extent to that origination. Not perfect, but nothing is. Encoders can be a help, then, but not a cure-all.

I don't know how Alexmos is using the encoder data in this regard. Would be interested to find out.