InfinityMR Universal high performance gimbal for GH4/A7S size cameras

jakuban

Knut, thanks for those nice words!

That is good to hear, so hopefully we will see some results soon, great.

Last edited by a moderator:

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Sounds like you're well on your way. I think the update process for AM boards is still a bit annoying, so I'm sure now that you've started with fresh eeprom it should be ok.

Good luck!

It's ready for test flight now, just waiting for the rain to stop.

https://instagram.com/p/3bihwmL5DP/ <---- link for video

It feels really smooth, no thing like my older gimbals. I will tie down the cables, and make it a bit cleaner after test flights.

There are also pictures of the multirotor on my instagram profile.

Multirotor: Vulcan Black widow X8
Motors: T-motor MN3515-15
Propellers: T-motor 15x5 CF
Dampening system: VULCAN 200mm Quick Release Silicone Gel Anti Vibration Plate
Camera: Sony nex5n (Currently with 16mm lens but will also try 18-55mm)
AUW: About 7,5 kg
2 x 6s8000mAh i parallel, and 12-13 minutes flight time

jakuban

Great!
Knut, just a small hint, if top and bottom lens supports will not be seen on the picture, you can put them on. They will strengthen whole camera cage.

You don't use original damping plate?

Great tips @jakuban . Will do that :)

I will try without the dampening plate first. I think it will be even more rigid without, and the Vulcan dampening plate is carrying batteries, landinggear and gimbal, and takes away all vibration, so I dont think I need additional dampening.

@Mactadpole: Sony 16mm 2.8/16 pancake lens.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Seems like all the gimbal testing on this site is ready to go - but is being delayed by rain! :)

Looking good Media!

saenzm

Hi Knut, I would like to ask you how does the Black widow behaves. Any vibrations, is it stable, any pendulum effect?
I don't want yo get this thread off track, just while waiting for footage it would be nice to have your feedback about the frame
Thx

@saenzm : Coming from several quads and hexacopters I could not have been happyer. The frame is sturdy and rock solid. Build quality is superb. I have not had any vibration problems. Setting the gains with WKM "quad over quad" custom mix was easy, and done in one flight. In flight it feels quite sharp and predictable, and is easy to fly even in gusty winds. I fly it mostly in atti Mode. I have not felt any pendulum effect. It might not be the lightest frame you get, but it is probably one of the stiffest. I would absolutly recommend it.

saenzm

Great! Thx for all the info. I like it very much. Do you see the props in fast forward? Any issues with WKM?

Finally the rain stopped, but the wind did not... I took the chopper for a short flight. The wind was too hard and gusty for me daring to keep the bird flying for long, as it got tossed around really bad. I would normally never fly ,and certainly never do aerial video work in such conditions, (Yes I know it is stupid to fly in such conditions, but it was on my own property, and there was no danger of harming anything else than my MR...)

Here is a short video from the short flight. It is a really unfair test, due to conditions. @jakuban has already looked at my tuning profile (he has not seen the video yet), and has given me some tuning tips, like turning up the power values. I am really satisfied with the way he helps me on the way to perfect video.

So before you look at the video, keep in mind that it was horrible flight conditions, and that I am a totally idiot when it comes to AM tuning ;) I am sure that I will get better results soon :)

@saenzm: Never seen props in the picture when camera was horisontal. You can even tilt the camera up a bit with no problem...

@SamurAchzar : Yep it certainly would. Will dial in the AM first as I really like the smooth encoder spring-like feeling, and then I will probably try the CP on it. When/if you release encoder firmware to the CP, I will probably go back to the CP for good.

And keep in mind I am not done tuning yet...

saenzm

Thanks Knut for your info. Hope wind comes down so that you can make a full test, fast forward and backwards, yawing etc... but it already seems its working well!
By the way awesome footage of the 2014 Bhi championship!!

I don't know when/if we'll support the InfinityMR encoders. Jakub mostly works with Alexmos now, so there isn't much incentive for us there. We'll surely support encoders on other gimbals though, stay tuned for that.