InfinityMR Universal high performance gimbal for GH4/A7S size cameras

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Maybe Jakub will fill us in more - but there was talk earlier in this thread that mentioned a smaller version being worked on.

jakuban

Hey!
I am working on smaller version of gimbal. Will keep you posted when I have anything to show you :) It will take still few weeks...
But to answer your question regarding RX100 on InfinityMR - I don't think it is a problem for this gimbal :)

BTW. Look what video I've received yesterday form one of InfinityMR users (thanks Jorg!). Jorg is a very experienced gimbal user. When he wrote to me to ask about InfinityMR he said, that he had few gimbal already and nothing works good. As I know, he is not using any post, lens or camera stabilization. This video was made with GH4 and some olympus lens.

I also received a video from CP user, it was also great and I hope you will see it soon.

Jedidiah Hess

Hi Jakub. I would also be very interested in a smaller version. I will be hopefully using the blackmagic micro cinema and maybe my Rebel sl1 for stills, both weighing significantly less than 1.3kg. Great work by the way!

jakuban

Hi There!
Good news! InfinityMR will aslo support cameras like canon 6D or Nikon D610, even Canon 5D MKII should fit! (cameras hight up to 116mm).
That will happen in upcoming batch within 2 weeks.

Hi There!
Good news! InfinityMR will aslo support cameras like canon 6D or Nikon D610, even Canon 5D MKII should fit! (cameras hight up to 116mm).
That will happen in upcoming batch within 2 weeks.

If I already own the MR, is there a way to upgrade? I'd love to be able to fly my 5D3 and shoot Raw!

I've been quiet for a white now, but I can tell you all that I got near perfect video. I have done some work for a high demanding producer, and they are really satisfied with the result. Sadly my computer is to weak to prosess the footage right, but here is a IG clip from the upcoming project, shot with InfinityMR AM Encoder version :

https://instagram.com/p/5uS2ZEL5KC/

jakuban

Hey there,

Knut - more, more, more and full quality video please!:) Great job!

Ok, it's been a while, I know :)
But I am working on a few new things, one of them is InfinityMR-S - smaller InfinityMR brother.

Anyone interested in high performance gimbal for BlackMagic Micro or Sony RX100 IV? Well, soon I will show you and interesting option!

Here is a list, that I made quickly just to collect some data from users. You can subcriber ther to get notification about InfinityMR-S.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12hNfJ2idyrsDGxYpx3hwdcwa-_zjaG5h37bdI9v91Ps/edit?usp=sharing

InfinityMR-S - General information
1. Supported cameras: up. 800g (max. width 120mm; max hight: 80mm)
2. Suggest cameras: BlackMagic Micro / Sony RX100 I-IV
3. Gimbal weight: arround 800g (including antivibration system)
4. Controller: AlexMos with encoders
5. Gimbal will be delivered assembled and ready to use
6. Operating voltage: 3-4S Li-po battery
7. Quick, toolless ballancing system
8. Built in Orbit-S antivibration system
9. Materials: aluminium, carbon fiber
10. Motors: dedicaded encoder motors
11. Construction: unique, light-weight, rigid design
12. Availability: September 2015

The data are not final and may change.

jakuban

One of the upcoming news:
Handheld-1024x831.png

saenzm

I've been quiet for a white now, but I can tell you all that I got near perfect video. I have done some work for a high demanding producer, and they are really satisfied with the result. Sadly my computer is to weak to prosess the footage right, but here is a IG clip from the upcoming project, shot with InfinityMR AM Encoder version :

https://instagram.com/p/5uS2ZEL5KC/
Great footage Knut, very good work!!!

It woul be great if you have time, to make a short video testing of your gimbal with the horizon in sight, going forward, sideways, yawing, panning the camera while in straight movements, and also the same with the camera tilting down but with the horizon still in view, so as to see how the gimbal works in all situations with your settings?
I think that many of us, are still needing to see more footage from final users, and that could help us to take a decision concerning the Infinti MR.
Thanks in advance.

jakuban

New Orbit anti-vibration system will be included in all InfinityMR orders in upcoming batch.

Much better vibration damping now possible it also affects in positive way autotuning process :)

1000791-Kopia.jpg

My MR is installed and running well. No vibration issues, nice level horizon so far, even while speeding sideways. I will upload some of the footage I've shot as soon as I have the time.

The only issue I'm having is that I cannot get the Home Position control to work on the yaw axis while flying. It almost always returns the gimbal to a seemingly random yaw position.

I've re-calibrated the IMU's and re-tuned the PID's multiple times, but the issue persists.

I am, admittedly, new to AM, so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Mactadpole

Jakub,

Very interested in the InfinityMR-S but the tray has got to be a bit wider to facilitate other small cameras like the A5100 when their side access door is open to facilitate the camera trigger and hdmi converter. On the A5100 you need just shy of 125mm of clearance (see pics) with both those items attached. If you cut off the ring tab for the strap you can gain about 3cm but I hate to have to do that. The A5100 with sigma 19mm lens and battery is only 442 grams, well within the weight limit of this gimbal. It seems a shame to limit its applicability because the tray isn't wide enough.

BTW - I like the looks of the new anti-vibration plate!

Attachments

• IMG_2562.jpg
    IMG_2562.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_2564.jpg
    IMG_2564.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 322

jakuban

Jakub,

Very interested in the InfinityMR-S but the tray has got to be a bit wider to facilitate other small cameras like the A5100 when their side access door is open to facilitate the camera trigger and hdmi converter. On the A5100 you need just shy of 125mm of clearance (see pics) with both those items attached. If you cut off the ring tab for the strap you can gain about 3cm but I hate to have to do that. The A5100 with sigma 19mm lens and battery is only 442 grams, well within the weight limit of this gimbal. It seems a shame to limit its applicability because the tray isn't wide enough.

BTW - I like the looks of the new anti-vibration plate!
Don't worry! I am aware of this issue. There is a very smart solution in InfinityMR-S to allow using cameras like A5100 and its HDMI port etc.

jakuban

InfinityMR from latest batch.
Changes: cameras up to Canon 5D size supported
New Orbit anti-vibration system with 12mm tube clamps included in every set
Balck anodizing for most aluminium parts
Easy access to USB port
New electronics cover
Thumb-screws for easy balancing included in every set
Now every gimbal comes ready to use out of the box including AM and encoders.
New price :)

I think InfinityMR is the lightest gimbal on the market that supports Canon 5D.

InfinityMR_updated-1024x576.jpg

jakuban

All you see on the picture above is 1290g.
That is 90g lighter than the version before update (note that weight of previous version on my web site excludes AM controller and extended mount).
No, prices and description on my web site is not updated yet.
New price for InfinityMR including new Orbit damping system, extended mounting system, AM and encoders and fully assembled and almost ready to use use (balancing and some fine tuning possibly needed) is 1329$.
This price includes also worldwide DHL/UPS shipping.

Previous price (you can still check it on my web shop because it is not updated yet) didn't include assembling of AM (210$), encoder licence (40$) and shipping (65$ for assembled gimbal). Now you get all for 1329$.

Last edited by a moderator: