Immersion 5.8 600mw tx

kloner

Aerial DP
are suppose to be at dealers in the next couple weeks, bout time. Suppose to be the same exact thing but smaller, still airwave so fatshark 5.8 compatible

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
please post when they are available. I need one for its built in voltage regulator. Seems iftron, as great as they claim, do not cut down voltage, so using anything over 3s is a serious hazard to your mini cameras if they are powered from the tx.

kloner

Aerial DP
so you got that working? Do you know if it's safe to run this thing on straight 4s? it says 16v, i start at 16.8 then goes down to 16 pretty quick and down from there

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Tim at readymade told me to only use 3s on these and NEVER 4s. So perhaps the easy answer os to just put a damn 3rd battery on the rig. I was trying to keep it simple. And NO, I do not have things working. there is still a very odd issue with the camera/tx together.

Kilby

No need to use 4s. Set up a second battery for all your video gear at 3s. Much safer that way.

kloner

Aerial DP
I ran across 3 sites searching for stock that had mention of 2s,3s,4s on the immersion tx. The f450 runs on 4s and comes in just under 4 lbs as it is

Le grand avantage des produits ImmersionRC réside dans la connectique utilisée, qui rend les équipements des marques Fatshark et ImmersionRC compatibles entre eux, sans soudure ni bricolage à prévoir.
D'autre part, la grande plage d'alimentation de 6 à 16 volts vous permettra d'utiliser au choix une batterie LiPo 2S, 3S ou 4S (notez que d'autres types de batteries peuvent être utilisées, du moment qu'elles respectent la plage de tension recommandée).

http://www.studiosport.fr/emetteur-600mw-immersionrc-p-453.html

there in stock there

I've been flopping back and forth between 3s and 4s since i got the thing. checked it yesterday and it's still transmitting

however if it's not safe, was thinking about using a cc bec like this, only cause i got a drawer full of em from crashed stuff
http://www.castlecreations.com/products/ccbec.html

wonder if that little one would handle the amperage. in my goggle sitting static registers .8 amp draw,,,,,, that has to be all the fpv stuff, does it go up further away

Last edited by a moderator:

Tahoe Ed

I have both the Pro and regular CC BEC's. I use the regular bec to drive my gimbal servos on my WKM. I am thinking that I could use that for the vTx and the Pro to drive the servos. Both combined would be less than a separate lipo.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
how the hell do you change the voltage output on the CC bec? If you need to use a program on the pc then ho would you hook it up ?

Tomstoy2

You use the data link for CC esc's. Plug it into the 3 pin connector. However, the CC 10a bec can take up to 6s in but only adjustable from 4.8 to 9v out.

I have to agree, that a seperate 3s battery is the safest way to power a vtx. When trying to run a vtx off the main battery the vtx gets all kinds of junk from the esc's being drawn. Clean power is the key.

Cloverleaf antenna's are great!

kloner

Aerial DP
they give em away free when you buy an esc, coupon inside. the pro takes a special wire, but the regular one just plugs in like any esc of theres. Got 7 of there esc's in helis and planes

if you need a coupon, let me know

Tomstoy2

"Junk" is usually caused by noise generated from the esc's if hooked up to the main battery. That's why a seperate battery works so well. If you do go on the main battery a good filter/choke/regulator will clean it up.

Kilby

I just found out a nice little bit of info on these video transmitters. While in the process of trouble shooting the poor range of my 5.8ghz FPV system, I got this in an email from my vendor.

From what you are describing, the problem can still be related to the
transmitters - unfortunately the 600mW transmitters are quite volatile,
if you powered them up for a fraction of a second without the antenna
attached - then the power amplifier is gone, burned out leaving the
maximum power output on the transmitter to less than 100mW.

Am I the only one that didn't know about this? It seems that if it's so easy to burn the power amps out, that it would be a big notice on the packaging or something. I've been trying to figure out for months and months why I couldn't get more than 100+ yards with a vtx that was supposed to be good up to a mile or two. While I don't remember power up the unit without an antenna attached, without knowing that was bad practice I would have never even looked out for such actions.

Does anyone know anything more about this?

-Terry

Hover Round

Just another option to think about when you need 5 volts with 2-5 amps on a 4-cell and up you can use a UBEC. It is lighter than any 2 or 3 cell pack, it's power is taken from your main flight pack and the power is filtered. Here is a link to one of them there are many others. http://www.hobbypartz.com/ubhvoulbe.htm

Gary

gadgetkeith

likes gadgets
hi as Ross said any form of RF transmitter should not be powered up with out antenna

even a very badly tuned antenna can damage the output side of a RF transmitter

usualy ends up with the output transistors getting fried rendering tx as knackered until repaired

keith