If you need an HDMI converter...

Hi Benjamin,

I purchased the same HDMI converter as what you have/use to sell but I'm really struggling with the image quality that I'm getting from it. I'm using a GH2 with no hacks. What is your image quality like that you get on the composite side? If it is good then I suspect my unit might be a dud because I've done some tests where I by-pass it with my go-pro composite out straight into my transmitter and the quality of that video is very good. I've also tested the HDMI cable from the camera straight into a TV and that is also very good.

Just need to know if I need to purchase another video converter.. something I've been wondering about is if the card needs to be earthed but I keep on thinking to myself that it is not possible as it is DC and there is no indication of it being earthed when it was in the original aluminium housing.

Any advice?

Regards,

Andre

Hi Benjamin,

I purchased the same HDMI converter as what you have/use to sell but I'm really struggling with the image quality that I'm getting from it. I'm using a GH2 with no hacks. What is your image quality like that you get on the composite side? If it is good then I suspect my unit might be a dud because I've done some tests where I by-pass it with my go-pro composite out straight into my transmitter and the quality of that video is very good. I've also tested the HDMI cable from the camera straight into a TV and that is also very good.

Just need to know if I need to purchase another video converter.. something I've been wondering about is if the card needs to be earthed but I keep on thinking to myself that it is not possible as it is DC and there is no indication of it being earthed when it was in the original aluminium housing.

Any advice?

Regards,

Andre

Looks so-so, or I guess "kinda crappy standard def" would be the technical term. I'm looking for an HD wireless solution at the moment. I think I may have found one. I wouldn't expect incredible picture quality out of an HDMI to composite converter. Maybe Tabb's solution looks better.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I think the monitor is not the issue, it is more the quality of the signal being transmitted. but I am not really sure about this. The converter certainly does its job of down grading the signal. but all in all, you dont really use the monitor to check for color, it is more just for framing.

Hi Guys,

Thank you very much for the reply.. I realize the monitor is purely for framing but my gimbal operator is struggling to tell the difference between dustbins and humans. :nevreness:

I also thought it could be my transmitters not doing a proper job hence the test where I bypassed the card, and during that test the image was pretty good..

I'm a bit lost to tell you the truth, I'm hoping I'll just stumble across the solution...

How does it look when you bypass the wireless video system? (From converter card straight out to TV)

Hi Guys,

Thank you very much for the reply.. I realize the monitor is purely for framing but my gimbal operator is struggling to tell the difference between dustbins and humans. :nevreness:

I also thought it could be my transmitters not doing a proper job hence the test where I bypassed the card, and during that test the image was pretty good..

I'm a bit lost to tell you the truth, I'm hoping I'll just stumble across the solution...

I've tested that as well (I think) and if I remember correctly that was pretty bad as well. Is this board susceptible to interference from power cables and so forth?

I'm going to test again tonight hooked up straight to the TV and if it is still bad then I'll accept that its a dud..

anaka

just a question abouth this hdmi converter, are you powering it trough the usb?

I found that it works without, it looks selfpowered, does anyone experienced the same? is it normal?

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
The HDMI feed from the camera does indeed power the converter. I have found that it even finds its way through to the Iftron video Tx. However, I prefer to power the converter separately to avoid running down the camera battery quicker - particularly with the NEX, whose battery takes roughly three weeks to charge.

I need a Right Angle Mini HDMI to HDMI cable. ASAP
Anyone in the US have a Right Angle Mini HDMI to HDMI cable they can sell (or loan). I just got called for a shoot down in Baja and need one by Friday. I would be happy to order you a new one today and have it shipped right to you, but it won't get to me in time for my departure. Or does someone know where I can find one that will work with a GH2 on an av130 here in the US?
Thanks

I need a Right Angle Mini HDMI to HDMI cable. ASAP
Anyone in the US have a Right Angle Mini HDMI to HDMI cable they can sell (or loan). I just got called for a shoot down in Baja and need one by Friday. I would be happy to order you a new one today and have it shipped right to you, but it won't get to me in time for my departure. Or does someone know where I can find one that will work with a GH2 on an av130 here in the US?
Thanks

I have a right angle mini-hdmi to full size hdmi I can send you. PM me or email me your address.

Tabb

Hey guys, I will get these out into the wild soon. I had them made for camera mount applications where it is nice to have the right angle connector on the mini HDMI and pointed in the correct direction.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 197

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke

The problem with these cables is that the right-angle mini connector sometimes angles Down and sometimes angles Up. I know, I have three. Two Downs and one Up. What this means is that the angled bit will either route the cable down or route it up. Down is not always great because it can foul the camera plate - unless you have a judiciously placed slot - and Up is great for straight ahead shots but possibly awkward for straight down. The latter also places more strain on the camera's mini-HDMI socket because the cable does not benefit from the support of the judicious, movement restricting slot in the camera plate.

Tabb's rear exiting right-angle is a more sensible direction for the angle.