Help! My F550 Naza has Gremlins!

pwarea3

My F550 NAZA works great 97% of the time but at least once or twice every flight has a uncontrolled twitch. not sure if it is the NAZA, a bad ESC, or a bad motor.

Any thoughts?

I can't figure out why the ship flys great most of the time. My most recent twitch during the flight ended with a crash and a broken arm.

Thanks for the help in advance.

You all Rock!

Dewster

I'm certainly not an expert. I will say that I had some yaw twitching going on with my Xaircraft hexa. At first I thought that I didn't enlarge (mod) the motor mount holes large enough and that they were making contact with the retaining pin on the motor. The issue for me was that I needed to tighten the gains up (back to 100 percent for yaw). Check your power connections and battery. I did read that you have to watch the low battery level cut off feature on escs. Are you running your batteries to a low state on those times involving a crash? Just thoughts.... Hope you get safely back in the air.

pwarea3

Video of the Gremlins

Here is video of the problem that i have. I cant figure what is causing it to twitch. Anyone have a similar problem? Any ideas of how the trouble shoot it. Is is the NAZA or a motor or an ESC problem? any insight would be helpful.

DJI F550
NAZA
DJI 920 Motors
DJI 30 amp ESC
DJI 8" props

Thanks in advance

You all rock!

http://player.vimeo.com/video/41261591

pwarea3

Hey Ed. Sorry I didn't have that info in the previous post.

Pitch=120%
Roll = 120%
Yaw = 100%
Vertical = 120%

ATTI Pitch and Roll = 95%

I am using Spektrum DX6i transmitter and Spektrum AR6100e receiver

Also using 4.0 amp 4s battery

Any suggestions?

kloner

Aerial DP
whats that loud whistle? sure does it frequently....... is there any heat in any of the motors when you land? wiggle motor wires on that side looking for one that wiggles more than others like it's getting ready to break, especially if you feel any heat in wires from the motor when you feel the motors for heat.

hjls3

MIne does the same thing. I thought I had it figured out and it flew great for numerous flights, then two days ago it the "twitch" returned. I will be paying close attention to this thread :)

hjls3

Hjls3 what was the problem that you thought you figured out?

i have gains set up on slider switch JR9503. one slider for each flight mode. However, for whatever reason, i discovered that when in Atti mode, if the manual mode slider was positioned with high gains the 550 would twitch. I CONFIRMED THAT THE SLIDERS WERE ACTUALLY ASSIGNED TO THE APPROPRIATE SWITCHES. So I would fly atti mode with manual slider slid to low position. Crazy, i know. But it was working. I did numerous test where I would be in Atti mode, slide the manual slider and waaalaaa the 550 would begin twitching. Two days ago when the 550 started twitching, I looked at manual slider and it was where it should be. When I have time today, I am going to disable that function in the software and write it to the 550 and see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:

hjls3

pwarea3. i had a motor wire at the esc that was plugged in but not completely plugged in. I plugged it in and took it for a spin. that was my problem. all good now. double check your motor wires at the esc. mine was behaving just like yours.

pwarea3

I took the f550 for a flight tonight and had the same twitch ing problem. When I landed talent the motors and the far left motor was too hot to touch. All the other 5 were cool to the touch. Does this mean the hot one is the problem? Or is it just working harder to try to keep level than all the rest?

Any thoughts?

Thanks again everyone!

You all rock!

Tomstoy2

The motor is probably very bad. A bearing going out was probably your root cause to all your problems.

Better check the esc over. Tug on the wire, make sure they are soldered good.