If you need an HDMI converter...

A quick bit of backstory...
I found a HDMI to standard-def converter board for my gimbal. I needed one in order to send the HDMI signal from a camera (Panasonic GH2), to an Iftron transmitter, so we can frame our shots and be sure that camera is recording properly. It has been a great setup and allows my camera-op to be very precise because he sees exactly what the camera is shooting - great for telephoto lenses. The board I found works well, but needed some protection - we broke our first one.

So I decided to treat the board with a rubberized coating (cue the condom jokes). The result is what you see in the photo, and it works very well.

My question: Would anyone be interested in purchasing one? (Please note: I make a decent living in TV, so I'd just do this on the side as a service to the multi-rotor community. If I make a little bit of money off it, then I'll take the fam out for a steak dinner. :tennis:)

View attachment 4293

Attachments

• IMG_5147-cc.jpg
    IMG_5147-cc.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 504

vip

Please give me more info, Price... what broke?
Does it need seperate power..

ken

Last edited by a moderator:

Well, after thinking it over, I'm not going to be selling these. I just don't have the time right now.

The converters are available on eBay. You can find the spray on electrical coating at your hardware store.

Well, after thinking it over, I'm not going to be selling these. I just don't have the time right now.

The converters are available on eBay. You can find the spray on electrical coating at your hardware store.

Well that's a bugger. I was thinking of buying one off you. :)
Can you let us know the brand of the rubberised coating you used?

Cheers
Jesse

Trnquill

Could you add a link to similar converter in eBay? I have one that looks exactly like yours but it doesn't work. Converts signal during playback and stills framing just fine but blacks out as soon as I hit record for video.

vip

what is everyone using for a micro hdmi to composite.convertor typically, I do not seem to be able to fins a suitable one.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Forget that. I have one that only 'half-works' too, useless junk. Get one of THESE. It is MUCH smaller, very light and it works.

View THIS POST to see pics of it installed on the MR.

Forget that. I have one that only 'half-works' too, useless junk. Get one of THESE. It is MUCH smaller, very light and it works.

View THIS POST to see pics of it installed on the MR.

Yes, this looks to be a very good option. The one that I posted is fairly light, but the board is larger and less protected. It has worked without any problems. Next time I need one, I'll try the one that you linked.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
has anyone been able to find an appropriately short HDMI cable with the correct 90 degree angled plugs? i've got the board and now need to get it hooked up.

thanks,
bart

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke

That's the one I got. I think I have posted the link several times.

The weird thing is, the right angle is sometimes angled left and sometimes angled right. I bought two and fortuitously ended up with one of each.

After going to all the trouble of finding an HDMI solution I just did a job where I wanted to film at 50fps and could not risk the camera reverting to some other default if the HDMI output was used and so had to use a separate monitoring camera !!

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
The wrong end is angled. We need the mini HDMI at the camera end to be angled. Plus, I suspect that the whole swiveling mechanism results in it all being too bulky for the available lateral space on many MR mounts.