Hexacrafter HC800 Build Stsrted

VINHEX

I use the app to balance my motors works well taped the phone on arm with electric tape.. Hope the motor change sorts it buddy im sure it will..

Vin
Hexacrafter HC650, DJI WKM, DJI DataLink 2.4Ghz, 3s 3300, 3s 5000, Aeroxcraft Landing Gear, Xoar 12x6 props, Spektrum DX8, AR8000 Receiver
TM1000, Fatshark Attitude SD, Sony Exview Had II CCD 650 Line Sony Effio-E
Fatshark Spironet Antenna's, DJI iOSD

Giovanni59

Here's another thing I did not mention to anyone. I guess I was embarrassed. The first day I flew it I got too close to a branch and hit it. Shattered the wood prop but I replaced it and thought every thing was ok. I don't remember which prop and motor it was but it very likely could have been #5. As a matter of fact that is the side that came close to the tree. Can a hit with a branch do damage to a motor. I didn't think so until now. I thought these T-Motors were pretty rugged. Well the motor is replaced. I will run all the motors without props and check for bad vibrations. How do you interpret the results on the phone. I've seen photos and looks like some kind of graph. By the time you move the phone to the next arm how do you compare those results with the previous?

VINHEX

It depends on the speed of the rotation but yes this can easy knock a motor out.. With regard to the app, I taped one my phone to the arm got a reading and the took a pic of the screen then moved onto the next motor.. Do one at a time buddy..

Vin
Hexacrafter HC650, DJI WKM, DJI DataLink 2.4Ghz, 3s 3300, 3s 5000, Aeroxcraft Landing Gear, Xoar 12x6 props, Spektrum DX8, AR8000 Receiver
TM1000, Fatshark Attitude SD, Sony Exview Had II CCD 650 Line Sony Effio-E
Fatshark Spironet Antenna's, DJI iOSD

Giovanni59

Here's an update. I switched the #5 motor with the spare one I had.
I flew it this morning and it flew beautifully, I had the 15" props on.
However on start up I saw some hesitation with one of the other motors.

I then set up a video camera and filmed it being started and stopped several times.
Then #6 did the same thing, or least I think it was the same thing.
Maybe it was #6 all the time and we just thought it was #5 because that one overheated that one time
but that was because of a loose arm. Please, anyone who would like to download the high res video follow this link:
http://www.yousendit.com/download/WFJVUGhRdWNGR0UxZXNUQw

Or you can see the whole clip but low res You Tube here:You can check out the video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBE8Ytv6_K8

Funny, it flies beautifully but then does this every once in a while at start up.
I am going to do a bunch of checks but am looking for any input.

Thanks

Giovanni59

Here is some more information.. first of all I have been noting the wrong motor, it is not #6 but #1 in the video. I know why I was mistaking it because in subsequent tests it was doing it with motor 1. I just did further tests and after about 50 start ups other motors did not spin up at all or were delayed, almost all of them exhibited this. Kloner has suggested that because I have the larger props on the ship that it takes more to start them up and I should adjust the idle setting. I checked my idle setting and it is set to the highest setting. I am checking bullet connections now by unplugging and plugging them in to remove any rosin residue that might be on them and to assure a good connection. Next I will take all the props off and start up about 50 times and see if any do not start of are delayed.

VINHEX

Kloner is the man on these babys. flys them all day.. Never used big props like that.. 15" WOW! Max on a HC-650 is 12..

Could you advise AUW and firmware your using on the bird as well buddy..

Giovanni59

AUW is 696 g,
I flashed WKM with the latest firmware about a week ago.
Maybe I should check the DJI threads to see if maybe it is a firmware issue
I have 14x6 props too and I had them on for about a week and this issue did not come up.
I just switched to the 15s because I was advised in calm weather these would give the most stable flight.

Here's another thing, I tried an experiment. I started them all spinning and then let them auto shut off but before all the props stopped spinning and still had some momentum going I started up again. I did this about 30 times and all of the props started every time, no delay. So it seems like they just need a little boost to start up like Kloner suspected. Idle is set to max in Assistant

VINHEX

They are big props buddy, as mentioned Kloner knows his stuff. I remember somewhere that there was and issue on an earlier release think it was 5.20 and people rolled back to 5.18. I'm on 5.20 and all seems to be ok, if you have the time and patience try rolling back to 5.20 and see if you get the same issues.. would be interesting to see..

kloner

Aerial DP
the 5.22 is insane, you want that on your wk

what esc's do you have?

I've got a hfp with pancake motors and 14" props on a quad and there slow to get going. my amp motors and 15" props on the jib like to do this too, but not every time and not the same motor. it's random and usually a different prop that sits there screaming. reseting the bullets helps if it's the same motor over and over. Could go as far as a cold solder joint on a bullet if is the same motor and wiggling connectors didn't help

kloner

Aerial DP
it goes forward and up alot like a hoverfly, but it still has a dji aggresiveness attack at the sky coming back down. just a tad. i was on 5.16 forever till the last couple weeks and my film totaly changed. super tight in atti, i'm dragging the cam a couple feet off the ground chassing stuff fpv now....... makes ya cocky

Giovanni59

To improve on vibration reduction I did some modifications to the HC800. I had some good results by using a material called Sorbothane in my F550 build so I thought I'd incorporate it into this build.I started by cutting down some aluminum plating I had to these rectangular shapes: View attachment 12153View attachment 12154 Drilled some holes for the Sorbothane bushings and to attach to the HC frame and painted them flat black. View attachment 12155 Here are some photos of the completed assembly. As you can see that the Sorbothane completely isolates the two aluminum plates so there is nothing solid connecting them. I'll do some tests and see how it works. View attachment 12160View attachment 12156View attachment 12157View attachment 12159View attachment 12162

Attachments

• DSD_0841.jpg
    DSD_0841.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 191
  • DSD_0842.jpg
    DSD_0842.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 171
  • DSD_0888.jpg
    DSD_0888.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 190
  • DSD_0892.jpg
    DSD_0892.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 182
  • DSD_0893.jpg
    DSD_0893.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 167
  • DSD_0895.jpg
    DSD_0895.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 201
  • DSD_0896.jpg
    DSD_0896.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 186
  • DSD_0898.jpg
    DSD_0898.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 178

Hexacrafter

Manufacturer
The HC-800 will go up to 15" Props. We are always available to answer questions directly, Please call or e-mail. Our contact information is on the website. Thanks.