XAircraft Help determinig cause of crash HELP!!!!!

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
One thing that stands out to me is that it shows being in safe mode starting at about 1 minute, 10 seconds or so. Then again at the end. Did you engage that manually? or did it happen due to interference?

The number look pretty good to me otherwise. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

traxx2003

That safe mod activation was on purpose, I always like to tested right after takeoff. The last activation was a last effort attempting to save the quad, out of desperation.

traxx2003

I had been flying for about 10-12 minutes doing some mix flying. Then I decided to climb to about 110 meters while on attitude mode. After climbing and holding altitude for a few seconds I noticed that the quad was not responding to any control inputs. Then it decided to fly in one direction while accelerating and loosing altitude at the same time. It was a controlled crash in a sense that the quad was not going crazy in the air. The FC never tried to recover from the dive. The batteries still had 23.9volts each.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
And both times the safe mode kicked in was you triggering it - so it wasn't a loss of radio connection.

Have you powered it up since the crash?

Have you sent the log to Xaircraft? They may be able to see something that we can't. Hopefully some of the experts here will chime in and notice something.

traxx2003

Correct, first time I triggered the safe mode as I always do soon after takeoff. The second time was to try t prevent the crash. Yes I sent the log to XAircraft but have not received a reply yet. No I have not powered the quad since the crash because the wiring between motors and ESC's is a mess. I have wires exposed, I'm planing on testing motors separate, the ESC's will be discarded.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Were the wires exposed by the crash? Seems like it would have plummeted down if a motor/esc went out - but exposed wires never sounds good :)

traxx2003

There is no way for me to know that for certain. It's just so strange that I was able to recover every peace of the wreckage except the GPS pug. But before the accident I can assure you all the wiring was good because I have the habit of inspecting the aircraft before and after each flight and everything was in perfect condition.

traxx2003

Guys today I received and email from Mr. Jingchen at XAircraft support and he said that after reviewing my flight log he discovered that at the moment of the crash the GPS position accuracy was not corrected, indicating to the possibility that the GPS antenna was not positioned/installed accurately. Based on his findings and the fact that I flew fine for the first ten minutes the only conclusion I can draw from all of this is that the FPS antenna came off in flight from its stand. The only thing that confuses me however is that before I loss control I've been flying on attitude mode, and according to someone on this forum when in attitude mode the SuperX does not rely on GPS data but rather on its onboard sensors to maintain controlled flight. If Mr. Jingchen assessment is correct then I guess the GPS had to come off in flight.

http://log.xaircraft.cn/#2015_06_13_100521.429_76.1.06.07

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
That blows - especially because it doesn't seem definitive, based on the fact you were in ATTI mode. I had the same impression that ATTI mode would not rely on the GPS for anything - much like what would happen even if selecting GPS, but acquiring no satellites.

Maybe you could ask him to clarify?

traxx2003

I did, but they are on a two day holiday in China so I won't hear anything after the 22nd of June. I will update when I get their response.